[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hero pass package?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
edited March 24, 2020 in General Discussion
If you buy the 69k package off shop do you get 1 set AND 1 wing? as well as the other rewards, like the lugh pet?

Comments

• TianshiTianshi
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    No. You still have to finish all the hero pass mission to claim the reward. The package just upgrade you to premium and get additional premium reward along with the normal
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Can you imagine adding a 70 dollar battle pass to a game that averages maybe 1k players a day? Truly shameless.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited March 25, 2020
    Honestly using this kind of direct sale instead of the usual scammy gacha isn't a bad idea at all and the price isn't full r3tard, just half r3tard. I personally prefer this kind of approach (and i hope there'll be more in future like this) instead of those illegal scammy rng boxes.

The only cons i see are:
    - Not sure why now after ppl cash for their stuff they have also to work out to get it.
    - Also why don't split the rewards in different passes so who really want the pet and wings can buy another pass and keep going ?
    (Ex: Pass that allow to reach the outfit 30 35K nx and another pass with their relative price to go further and reach the wings and
    another to reach the pet for a total of 69k NX)

I'm sure you want to sell all the stuff for 69k but splitting the pass encourage more possible customers to purchase cause:
    - Many could be descouraged from the total price.
    - Some ppl could even not need the pet or the wings at all so they can't justify the total price and they end up skipping the sale.
    - Gaining way more customers who want or can afford to pay for just a part of the rewards is way better than just selling for full price to those 5 6 ppl.

Also the restricion that forbid nx sellers to gift the pass to the other players is out of any logic.
    Do you really think everyone is willing or can afford to spend such amounts? Especially in this period?
    Making the pass giftable would increase the demand among nx sellers which would buy/sell more passes to get fast gold hence more total earnings in terms of cash. Not to mention, as side effect, that you're cutting out that slice of free players from depot content which also contribute to affect badly the game in term of presence.

I hope they will make some adjustments to this kind of sale in the next maintenance, but probably is just talking to the wind.
  • ArcflareArcflare
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    Imagine paying for a pass that costs more than a AAA title and still having to grind out the 60 levels of the pass which gives substantially less than any other game on the market that has a pass of some sort and even if you don't buy the pass you still get far greater cosmetic rewards than this game gives. What an absolute joke of a company. I don't ever post on the forums but I've played on and off since the beginning of S2 and its **** like this that has killed the game off. It's actually laughable that anyone could ever actually think this kind of thing is okay. At this point they are just trying to milk the whales for everything they have before finally shutting the game down and its blatantly obvious.

Any company that was competent would have all of those massive amounts of unreleased cosmetics put in the shop at a far more reasonable price $15-20) so people who arent whales could at least still buy some nice outfits. But no whoever runs the company would rather run the game into the ground trying every little thing to milk the whales instead of actually trying to fix the problems with it.

If you actually buy **** like this, all you do is contribute to the problem and are the reason why this game is at deaths door.
    AnduriPrototypemind
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    edited March 25, 2020
    Yeah, wow thats stupid. and i cant even preview the set or the wings if i even WANT them. Ughhh.

well i was able to google the wings, i didnt realize it was just ONE wing. thats dumb. that may have decided for me although i still want that lugh pet.
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    So why the 69k box over the smaller quantity boxes again?
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Honestly using this kind of direct sale instead of the usual scammy gacha isn't a bad idea at all and the price isn't full r3tard, just half r3tard. I personally prefer this kind of approach (and i hope there'll be more in future like this) instead of those illegal scammy rng boxes.

You do realize they added both this AND a new gacha box last patch right? They're not replacing one system with one that's less exploitative, they're just double dipping into whale's wallets.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Clearly aimed at whales only, and completely oblivious to what many might be feeling right now. Utility companies are promising not to cut power and water to homes, banks and property management companies are suspending foreclosures and evictions, cable companies are letting customers defer payments, and here's Nexon expecting people to whale away in a game that's barely seeing anyone logged in despite about as captive an audience as you can get. I'm blessed enough to be able to continue working and am in a good spot overall, but I can promise I'll give $70 to help someone who needs it for groceries before I'll pay a dime to help such an out of touch conglomerate that still expects me to grind it out to boot after throwing money at the game.

Really, though, I'm sure you don't need our dollars as hard as you've already milked the whales.
    ArcflareFlameSama1SwornKnight
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    If you're f2p like me, just shut up and appreciate the ppl who supports the server. Its not for us that the server is still alive.

If you charge NX, then its optional whenever you want to buy it or not, its a costume + pet + wing for 69k nx, even if you only like 2 of the 3 things you still save like 50% money over buying them from market by selling the NX.

Its not the first time we get something like this, neam comrade was like 120k NX. The pass is also not p2w at all, it doesn't give any stat impossible to get for us, such as a costume with att limit. If such thing existed, I would complain too.
  • ThezeTheze
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    So it give a pair of wing.
    It give a special outfit with aura
    and it also give a lugh pet

You know some people spend 350$++
    Andt hey dont even have a wing
    they dont even have a outfit
    and they dont even have a pet.

So is it really expensive?!?
    Nah
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    If you're f2p like me, just shut up and appreciate the ppl who supports the server. Its not for us that the server is still alive.

If you charge NX, then its optional whenever you want to buy it or not, its a costume + pet + wing for 69k nx, even if you only like 2 of the 3 things you still save like 50% money over buying them from market by selling the NX.

Its not the first time we get something like this, neam comrade was like 120k NX. The pass is also not p2w at all, it doesn't give any stat impossible to get for us, such as a costume with att limit. If such thing existed, I would complain too.

F2P is generally centered around MICROtransactions, and 70 bucks every three months for all this content is pretty hefty for a MICROtransaction. Think of Rocket League, or Fortnite, or COD Warzone - all popular games with battle passes right now, all 10 to 20 dollars.

Adding this feature in the middle of a global health crisis is pretty disgustingly greedy too, let's not forget the context of the times either. Other games like Pokemon Go have companies bending over backwards to make sure people can play as simply as possible and they're giving free (or severely discounted) bundles of pay items to people. And then there's this absolute dumpster fire of a game.

So no, don't excuse them for a single damn thing, they've done basically nothing to earn my respect.
    PrototypemindArcflareIcygoddessSuhpreme
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    F2P is generally centered around MICROtransactions, and 70 bucks every three months for all this content is pretty hefty for a MICROtransaction. Think of Rocket League, or Fortnite, or COD Warzone - all popular games with battle passes right now, all 10 to 20 dollars.

Yes, it is very bad in comparison with other games, and I do agree and its the reason of why I don't charge NX, Vindictus is overpriced. The worst offense is 0.05% chance of a costume in gachas.

However, compare it inside vindi. It has been ages since there was direct sale premium outfits (27k nx). With this battle pass atleast you get what you pay for, instead of some RNG bullshit. I think its a good step, just kinda expensive. They could make it 25$ instead, and have a box that lets you choose between 1 of the 3 items.

I suggest you to look at the gacha droprates and make some maths regarding how much NX you need on average to get a costume. http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/51288/list-of-sales-item-probability-rates

Stuff like this shouldn't exist in any videogame.
    IcygoddessEmerthystFlameSama1
  • EnvidiaEnvidia
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    If anyone knows, how long does it take to complete the battle pass

Do missions release daily? Or can you complete it all in one go.
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Envidia wrote: »
    If anyone knows, how long does it take to complete the battle pass

Do missions release daily? Or can you complete it all in one go.

60 days. Once it’s completed you get the reward, if you are on day 60 and get the pass, you’ll still get all the rewards. And yeah it’s daily reset, unless you use a ticket o level up the reward, but it’s not worth it because it only puts you one day further every time you use it.
  • ArcflareArcflare
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    That's another thing that's complete trash about the pass. Because they don't allow you to actually grind out levels as much as you want everyday and are forced to do it one day at a time, if you miss a day you're forced to buy a level to catch up from the sounds of it. Imagine paying $80 to get something you want and because you miss a day youre forced to spend even more money. Just LMFAO
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    edited April 1, 2020
    FlameSama1 wrote: »

You do realize they added both this AND a new gacha box last patch right? They're not replacing one system with one that's less exploitative, they're just double dipping into whale's wallets.

I saw that ofc. But is not the first time they experiment new ways of doing marketing, and this could be one of them 'in testing' parallel to the usual monthly scam.

Despite the high price if u sum up:
    - 1 outfit (around 30k nx same as the old direct sale)
    - 1 special pet (the chieftain which is inferior cost around 20k nx)
    - 1 pair of wings (assume 20k nx)

U easily reach 70k nx. And is quite close to a direct sale, way better than the gacha where some ppl spend over 200$ getting ****.

So such type of sales are welcomed (imo) in the hope they drop those shitty gacha later on and focus on more direct sales with human prices.

The only mistakes i see about this offer are:
    - they force you to swallow the whole package instead of splitting the content in 3 passes. You know someone couldn't give a damn about spending more to obtain a pet or wings. Or someonelse could want a pet and ignore the outfit etc.

- They don't allow to gift the pass which automatically cut out those ppl who can't access the depot content.
    Absolutely nothing would change cause even paying with gold someonelse have to charge anyway, and it would incentivate ppl to sell more nx due to high demand, but these **** decisions barely surprise me anymore.

- The fact i have to work my ass (even after i paid) to obtain said content.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Arcflare wrote: »
    That's another thing that's complete trash about the pass. Because they don't allow you to actually grind out levels as much as you want everyday and are forced to do it one day at a time, if you miss a day you're forced to buy a level to catch up from the sounds of it. Imagine paying $80 to get something you want and because you miss a day youre forced to spend even more money. Just LMFAO

If i'm not wrong you can skip up to 7 days before losing the chance to reach the end.
    You should check the event duration.
  • yumasenpaiyumasenpai
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    nexon will succeed in destrying this game for good