[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Some Feedback/comparison on Battle voices.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 24, 2019
    Sixth wrote: »
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Everyone got their originals back except for Lann, Fiona, and Evie. We got the KR voices instead of the "old," NA ones. Still, it's better than the new NA imo so I'm not complaining +cold

So, in short, you like the KR voices, and everyone who wanted the old, NA/EU voices back are lowlife trash, and can be ignored.
    That's what your post implies.

Uh, no? Did I say that people wanting the old NA voices should be ignored and were lowlife trash? If so, plz quote me because I don't see it. I was simply speaking on behalf of me, myself, and I. No one else.

It's fine if you like the KR voices, I don't mind, but lets not pretend that we didn't use another battle voice for over 10 years, okay?

Who's pretending? Look at my post that you quoted.

"We got the KR voices instead of the "old," NA ones."

I'm not pretending they didn't exist. I acknowledged them.

I agree, the KR voices are still better than these new ones we got, but that's no reason to not give us the option to set our voices back to the original, non-KR voices we got used to over the decade we played.
    It would have taken them around 3 extra minutes to add those voices back (if they type really slow). It sure is a lot to ask for, yeah, unimaginable extra work. Excuse us for hoping to get our voices back.

Well good news then. Through a post on the Vindi discord, it was mentioned that they were going to push for additional voice tweaks on top of the rework we got so not all hope is lost. We might still get the old NA voices back.

But hey, everything is fine because you like the KR battle voices better than the new English battle voices.

I didn't say that. Everything's fine for me. Just because I say something's fine for me doesn't equal me saying that it's fine for everyone else.

Feel free to call me a keyboard warrior too. That coming from you is kinda ironic, but hey, people love that kind of thing around here, so bring the entertainment.

Nah, you're not a keyboard warrior. Your posts may be lengthy like mine can be at times, but at least yours are coherent. I define KBW's as people that make lengthy "rage" filled posts with unnecessary profanity in an attempt to validate their points. You are not a KBW.

Finding something else to complain? Ohh boy... ignorance is bliss, like they say. You can pretend that everything is right with the game, but I prefer to live in reality, thanks

I don't pretend everything is right with the game. I acknowledge the flaws and I either live with them, or go about voicing my complaints in a more professional manner.

And wow, yeah, get used to everything. Never complain, never voice your opinion of dislike with anything. We certainly got this voice change option because no one complained about the new voices. Totally. You guys with the "don't complain and get used to it" comments make me laugh. No, seriously. The world would be stuck in the 3rd century (and that's very optimistic) by following your logic, but okay, I'm sure it makes sense to you guys to drop those comments, so it's fine.

There's a difference between voicing a complaint vs going on a profanity filled emotional tirade. I did my share of complaining about the voices. I made a few forum posts, voted in the form polls, voiced my displeasure in the discord; I even wrote in a support ticket with my personal feelings plus links to the forum threads to get attention on the issue. Would you like to see my ticket submission?
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    All any of us really asked for is for the original voices back.
    Happy you go the korean voices, sure fine, but dont act like the people who got their original voices taken away from them still should be happy.
    Thats what you're doing, and it's inappropriate.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 25, 2019
    Happy you go the korean voices, sure fine, but dont act like the people who got their original voices taken away from them still should be happy.

You really do have a bad habit of putting words in people's mouths don't you?

Me saying that I'm happy with something doesn't equal me saying that everyone is or should be happy about it. Stop trying to read between the lines that aren't there.
    edited December 25, 2019

Nope. You're extremely over reacting and projecting at this point.
    You wanna know how I know?
    I wasn't even talking to you. I didnt even read your post.
    You literally just blew up at someone who didnt read your post and wasnt even talking to you.

If the pot calls the kettle black... well...
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 25, 2019

You literally just blew up at someone who didnt read your post and wasnt even talking to you.

Since your last post here, only Vladino, myself, and Sixth have posted replies. Your reply only really maks sense when applied as a response to mine and it's contextually similar to Sixth's reply to me. If I'm wrong; I'm wrong, but I think you're just backpedaling now. Going by the conversational flow of the thread, who were you talking to then? And be sure to give a name instead of just trying to be snarky by saying "not you."

Very ironic that you try to use the pot calling the kettle black phrase towards me when you mention extreme overreacting and blowing up. That's quite comical coming from you.

Also nice edit to my post that you quoted. Intentionally leaving out the part that directly replies to your previous post.

Since your last post here, only Vladino, myself, and Sixth have posted replies. Your reply only really maks sense when applied as a response to mine and it's contextually similar to Sixth's reply to me. If I'm wrong; I'm wrong, but I think you're just backpedaling now. Going by the conversational flow of the thread, who were you talking to then? And be sure to give a name instead of just trying to be snarky by saying "not you."

Very ironic that you try to use the pot calling the kettle black phrase towards me when you mention extreme overreacting and blowing up. That's quite comical coming from you.

Also nice edit to my post that you quoted. Intentionally leaving out the part that directly replies to your previous post.

I wasnt talking to you.
  • XephireXephire
    Vindictus Rep: 960
    Yeesh. What a thread to look back again.

Say what everyone who played 10 years want, but the least I want them to do is to redo a couple English battle voices, or better yet do it after evaluating our detailed player feedback.
    Twln
    All I wil say is that the moment Fiona's voice is restored as an option, is the moment I go back into the game and buy the bunny outfit that I was looking at, and probably a new set of lingerie too.
  • BladeNsoulBladeNsoul
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited December 28, 2019
    Are they going to remove korea voice toggle if they are going to change character voice back to original? or it stay korea toggle + original voice
    I think if they can put in 1 voice pack just like that, and make it an option. They can put in a 3rd one with some work too.
    That's what im hoping. So everyone can be happy.
    Koreaboos happey
    Orginal Fiona's happy.
    And whatever dickhead seems to like the new voices... I guess you can be happy too.
  • StrayerStrayer
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited January 28, 2020
    I prefer old vella's voice. not sure why they made changes. people complain about the old versions? I been away from the game for a very long time btw. As for not liking change, depends if the change is better which is in the ear of the beholder of course.
    So are we getting the original Fiona, Lann, and Evie voices back as an option or not?
    I can't stand the korean and new NA voices.
    Kerry mentioned bringing back the original.

Did every one who liked the original NA voices get completely screwed and taken for a ride then?
    This totally unfair and unjustified.
    I want Fiona's old voice back, its far better than other of the 2, and it's the one I've known for 9 years. Please.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Even though the voice acting for conversations is nice, I also prefer old combat voices. And no, I'd rather not switch to KR.
    FranBunnyFFXII
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Even though the voice acting for conversations is nice, I also prefer old combat voices. And no, I'd rather not switch to KR.

This. KERRY any update? I would really really like to play the game again, the KOR and new NA voice is too unerving to play the game.
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380

This. KERRY any update? I would really really like to play the game again, the KOR and new NA voice is too unerving to play the game.

Yo dead ass......you not getting your voice actors back.
    I can pretend to be all optimistic, but the cold truth is they only said that so you would stop kicking and screaming on the forums for a couple months while they make money on holiday sales. They couldn't care less if you quit or not as long as these whales keep gambling away on digital, poorly rendered waifus.
    I want you to have your old voices as well, I fully agree (I actually grown used to Evie's old voice tbh). But if this is your first time getting "nexowned" by this company, welcome to the club.

I would love to be proven wrong here (seriously), but I won't.
    Once PSO2 or Blue Protocol comes out, you will never see me playing a Korean MMO again, because I am just done with it all. I'm too old for this ****. Once again the Japanese gotta come save the gaming industry from itself, again.
    WhiteYukii wrote: »

Yo dead ass......you not getting your voice actors back.
    I can pretend to be all optimistic, but the cold truth is they only said that so you would stop kicking and screaming on the forums for a couple months while they make money on holiday sales. They couldn't care less if you quit or not as long as these whales keep gambling away on digital, poorly rendered waifus.
    I want you to have your old voices as well, I fully agree (I actually grown used to Evie's old voice tbh). But if this is your first time getting "nexowned" by this company, welcome to the club.

I would love to be proven wrong here (seriously), but I won't.
    Once PSO2 or Blue Protocol comes out, you will never see me playing a Korean MMO again, because I am just done with it all. I'm too old for this ****. Once again the Japanese gotta come save the gaming industry from itself, again.

Im glad this triggers you so hard.

But I want my voice back.
    They should have never changed it.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Nexon will do the last bit of effort regarding this on 25 feb, so stay tuned, chances of the original trio of characters getting NA voices instead of KR is slim though.

You should be worried more about fatigue, its killing both servers in population, and its probably what's going to make vindictus die once and for all unless they listen to us.
    DancingStar
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Update on the topic: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/56099/regarding-voice-feature-revamp
    Sounds promising, especially given it's exclusive feature to our region, which is an afford. How that turns out we're soon to find out.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    Update on the topic: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/56099/regarding-voice-feature-revamp
    Sounds promising, especially given it's exclusive feature to our region, which is an afford. How that turns out we're soon to find out.

m7GDzJ8.png
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited February 18, 2020
    I'm satisfied by the time they released both KR and US voices switch and i'll be even more with the upcoming update on 25th Feb
    which will resolve the issue for 99% of the ppl. I'm glad they took it srsly.

Worth to be said also, that if they would reveal the folders which contain both voices (KR/US) like we already have for the background musics and ambient sounds everyone could have whatever voice they want on their chars. Just for the picky ppl.
    (Replacing, deleting, vindi songs and some sounds exist since years and never been bannable).
    So in the specific case of that bunny above, they would just copy the old NA shouts in those folders and he/she would be happy too.
    But i doubt it gonna happen.