[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fatigue Chart and FAQ

YagaminYagamin
Vindictus Rep: 3,580
edited April 22, 2020 in Battle Quests and Guides
Fatigue Usage

Fatigue is applied upon entering the dungeon, you will not get it back if the run fails or if you disconnect and do not rejoin.

Fatigue is character based, not account based. So you can keep playing if you have multiple characters.

Practice Mode will not consume Fatigue.

Complete chart including event dungeons found at:
ZGHN88l.png

If you have 7 Fatigue and enter a dungeon which uses 10 Fatigue, you will be lowered to 0 Fatigue. You will still get Gold/EXP/AP/Items (as well as the near useless 50% combat EXP bonus)
In Level 105 dungeons, you can abuse this by using 1 Fatigue Potion to restore 10 Fatigue, then join a 24/28 Fatigue area using only 10 Fatigue.
Or even better, use soap to reduce fatigue usage by 25%, use 1 Fatigue Potion, do a Level 100 raid for 7.5 Fatigue, then do a Level 105 raid with the remaining 2.5 Fatigue.
QpSo4xE.png

If you have 0 Fatigue, then enter a dungeon, you will not obtain any Gold/EXP/AP/Items from the battle. But it will still count towards bosses killed and increase attempt count.
fF2UDJy.png

Players who still need to do Ein Lacher and Title farming should only do this after their Fatigue reaches 0 from Raids, if they do not want to waste it.

You will still receive all medals (as well as bonus Honor Medals if it is your first medal clear), but no other items.
(in this example for Johanus, things like Waking Stones and Legendary Shards will not be obtained)
Rb3HkO4.png

You will still be able to work on titles.
tfQsyhy.png

You will still receive story specific items at 0 Fatigue.
4Ib1q5b.png

If the host disconnects, Fatigue is not consumed again.
However, be aware of the bug that may occur when the host changes. Killing the boss may not trigger anything (no screenshots, no rewards, etc)
So either continue with the chance to waste your time, or leave and definitely waste Fatigue but not waste more time.
Fb5985W.png

If you (not the host) disconnect, when you rejoin, you will not spend Fatigue again.
However your damage progress will be lost and you will only obtain 1 core if you do not do enough damage again.
045GmEX.png

If you have 0 Fatigue, you will still get Seal of Dedication by reviving others, but at the end of the battle, you will not get any other items (including no Seal of Bravery). Having Goddess' Guidance yourself will not bypass this.
hwEXhBi.png

If you have 0 Fatigue and enter a battle, if reset occurs before your battle ends, you will still receive nothing at the end of the battle. Fatigue will not be lowered.
stNAKSL.png

If you have 0 Fatigue, you can still complete Redeemer battles and it will count as progress.
g5GC2rR.png

Recover Fatigue:

Ceara Fatigue Potion (+10% per potion, can be used after 100%)
- Supply Depot, 1 for 300 NX, 10 for 2700 NX, 30 for 7200 NX, tradable.
- Temporal mission (daily mission), can use Shared Storage.
- Events.

Outpost Fine Fatigue Potion (10% per potion, cannot be used after 100%)
- Exchange Shop for 15 Seal of Dedication, 1 per day, can use Shared Storage.

Bed in Guild House (+30%), once every 24h, not a daily reset.

Daily reset
Level 91-100 = Set to 100 Fatigue if below 100 + 20% of yesterday (max 20)
Level 1-90 = Set to 100 Fatigue if below 100 + 100 Fatigue
Optimal is to be at 0 Fatigue before reset to gain the full 100 Fatigue. Same for Level 1-90 but for 200 Fatigue.
RaeiAGW.png

Misc

There are 2 buffs based on how much Fatigue you have.

Resting Bonus
While you have more than 100% Fatigue after entering. (Exactly 100% will not have the buff).
You have plenty of Fatigue Points from resting.
You will receive 25% more battle completion EXP. (Despite the description saying Completion EXP, it ends up giving near useless Combat EXP)

Burning Bonus
While you have 40% Fatigue or less after entering.
You're worn out from battle, but you got a second wind!
50% more battle completion EXP. (Despite the description saying Completion EXP, it ends up giving near useless Combat EXP)
Attack speed increased by 3.

If you have 0 Fatigue, then use the Bed and a Fatigue Potion and wait for daily reset. You will end up with 108% Fatigue.
L5EyMas.png

----

My thoughts:

Players with VVIP will not really be affected by Fatigue since they get 3 Fatigue Potion every hour as long as you use them (30 Fatigue every hour). It is possible to run everything without any issues.

Players with VIP or nothing can only do all Level 100 Raids (+3 Departure Tickets from Guild Skill).
Redeemers, Guild Dungeon and 3 Departure Tickets from Weekly Mission can only be done with the help of Bed/Fatigue Potions.
Also they need to hope that no one disconnects.
They wouldn't want to do level 90-95 raids or they won't have enough Fatigue (RIP new players trying to clear story raids, majority of players won't help because it costs Fatigue)
Also if the host of a story raid disconnects, the whole party is sent to town to guarantee Fatigue wasted, not a restart of the dungeon.
+1 Raid events will be useless without VVIP.
Events that require completing enough raids cannot be done without VVIP.
Events that require completing dungeons multiple times cannot be done without missing out on some Raids because they consume Fatigue too.
Extra Departure Tickets will be useless without VVIP.
In a future update, Red Ship Graveyard using 28 and Caesar using 24 will be disastrous.

New players will be confused, they can still do the battles for the story, but they will come to a point where they will get no EXP/AP/Items from the battles and may quit. They will still get EXP from the story rewards though, but I'm not sure if that is enough to get them through all of the story.
If they take their time and play over several days, it might be fine for a while.
But when they reach level 80, the limited grind to level 90 may put them off.

New characters will be left behind since they can't AP/EXP grind efficiently.

Older players can still speed run the entire story in 1 day but now require VVIP while also sending Fatigue Potions that was saved through Shared Storage.

Bots farming Raids will not be affected at all.

Disconnecting is even more painful than before. (people trolling can also be an issue)

----

Suggestions:

Fatigue should only be consumed upon completion of the battle, not at the start. Having it consumed at the start punishes players. Bots do not care about this, they just go in with their 1 shot kill hacks, fast kill = much lower disconnect chance, and even if they do dc they'll just move on to their next account.

Guild Bed should be daily reset, not 24h reset.

New characters should either be given free 14 days VVIP or have a buff which negates or restores Fatigue (much like the stamina buff given to new characters).

EXP and AP should be given while you are at 0 Fatigue. Bots do not care about these. But new players do care, a lot.
Another main reason for adding the new system is to limit the macro accounts. As many of you already know, there are still many players who take advantage of a number of accounts and unfairly benefit from the macro program. However, they will be now expected to have limited game use after the new Fatigue System is added, which will have a positive effect on our Vindictus game economy.

Nope, bots do not do Redeemers, events, AP/EXP grind, titles, Ein Lacher. They will not be affected at all.
The majority of players will be affected, so the price of things like Damascus Steel will start to increase. This will allow bots to sell their Steel at a higher price.
If anything, Fatigue helps bots earn more gold to sell.

If Nexon want stop bots, Fatigue is not the answer. Just have a system which logs parties (or solo) which consist of people with low stats clearing Raids really quickly, then if you manually check you'll quickly and easily tell if it is a bot or not. Here's what bots currently look like: 9EC1wxi.png
Ztq5i8H.png

Also this frog needs a nerf:

4NTdHC0.png

ElynsaZeroheartCelestialFoxCeausescuWilkoDancingStar

Comments

• SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Just wanna point out that the fatigue exp boosts are not completion exp but actually combat exp.

GP2v3qW.png
    m2OxnN5.png
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    So, at best, this is a terribly misguided attempt to curb botting, an element of the game most people are live and let live with (or even enjoy if you're reaping the benefit of cheaper mats for weapon/armor enhancement), and at worst, a transparent attempt to squeeze even more money out of hardcore players by encouraging them to spend money for the privilege of getting drops in a raid. Neat.
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited January 29, 2020
    Aodhan is 10% (5 VIP) in KR https://youtube.com/watch?v=FoAxa5yEeZU
    Red SG is 28% (14 VIP) in KR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7sfm-3nhs
    Caesar is 24% (12 VIP) in KR https://youtu.be/5ErK5iIjQXs?list=PLmWl_mIerEFZHomGV57IbzKIvICuRib2P&t=24
    Putting this here since it was asked in discord.

Clarified disconnecting (you dc, not the host).

Added story items work.

Sef wrote: »
    Just wanna point out that the fatigue exp boosts are not completion exp but actually combat exp.

Ok. I have updated that, as well as tested (with images) for the other things too.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Two questions: If you are at 0 Fatigue...

...and complete a redeemer battle, do you still get the completion credit? As in your meter still increases by a %?

...and complete a raid, do you at least still earn a single seal of bravery?
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited January 29, 2020
    Tested the rumors about host disconnect causing Fatigue to be consumed again was incorrect.

Trolling is still possible in Colru, but only wastes 20% instead of 20+
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Two questions: If you are at 0 Fatigue...

...and complete a redeemer battle, do you still get the completion credit? As in your meter still increases by a %?

...and complete a raid, do you at least still earn a single seal of bravery?

Rumor is yes for redeemers, but no evidence has been shown yet.

I tested the raid one. You will still get Seal of Dedication by reviving others, but at the end of the battle, you will not get any other items (including no Seal of Bravery).
  • TessyTessy
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Thank you so much for this post.

I am returning after 2 years and playing on a new account, and I got to Rocheste in my story and was not getting any rewards. I could not figure out what was going on, and then decided to look into fatigue. Holy. Crap. On. A. Stick.

This is absolutely mindboggling to me. I'm trying to progress for this leveling event but now I'm just completely gated at level 61. I'll see how this goes over the next few days, but I cannot enjoy this game if I have to constantly be watching a percentage on my screen that LIMITS how much I can play the game, and drastically too. I can tell you right now, I am not paying Nexon for potions just to keep playing this game. I imagine this system makes no difference for someone with 10 geared alts all ready for raids, but for me on my one character trying to just progress to end-game, this is absolutely devastating. Progressing the story consuming anywhere from 6-10% a run means I can do ~12-16 runs a day without paying for VVIP. That means if I want to maximize time while doing story, I have to get on, run raids until 0 Fatigue, then do story runs, but get no rewards for them. So they're SEVERELY limiting my gameplay, forcing me to work around the system to have a chance at rewards, and limiting my ability to log in and just play how I want to play. All because they cannot handle the bot problem on their own?

This system is a lazy bandaid fix and bots are still going to be destroying the game economy. I am genuinely perturbed by the decision. I was excited to come back as a returning player, but damn, I don't think I can deal with this system as a new player. It is seriously painful, and I can tell by the population of this game, it's really died since I was on 2 years ago. I can't imagine people are going to deal with this for long. Here's hoping I can learn to cope with it, but honestly they're taking out the ability to enjoy the game by literally limiting the ability to actually play the game.
  • ResPLSResPLS
    It wouldn't be so bad if drops were guaranteed, but now with fatigue you have to be super selective with what you want to run if you're needing certain drops. This will hurt new/returning players a ton. It doesn't seem like an issue off the bat cause they put us to 300% but normally you're more likely to be around 100% I don't get why Nexon is punishing the players for playing. Gonna kill off an already dying player base.
  • ResPLSResPLS
    It wouldn't be so bad if drops were guaranteed, but now with fatigue you have to be super selective with what you want to run if you're needing certain drops. This will hurt new/returning players a ton. It doesn't seem like an issue off the bat cause they put us to 300% but normally you're more likely to be around 100% I don't get why Nexon is punishing the players for playing.
  • Bear007Bear007
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Very stupid update. This just KILLS new players or those of us creating a new character, especially for the level event they have going on right now