[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

8 years and finally Korea voices added thank you!!

GlidingFuryGlidingFury
Vindictus Rep: 650
in General Discussion
Best vindictus update in 8 years. You have no idea how long beta players have been waiting to get Korean voices, even with mods and stuff we couldn't get it to work but now that it's been officially added thank you nexowned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also new NA voices better than old.

This KR voice update will revive vindictus.
WhiteYukiiBlueRappyBladeNsoulHPDAnduriBabyDani

Comments

• WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    Yes, after letting it sink in for a day I would like to express my approval of the feature that this game needed for almost a decade.
    Amazing how such a basic change can improve the game and make so many people happy. Now the game feels much more authentic to the real Mabinogi Heroes again, the game I actually fell in love with. It's the little things that matter.
    Just stop tampering with the core of the game for no reason and forcing it on players. When I play a Korean game, I want to play, A Korean Game. I know, I know, crazy 200IQ insight right? The option to toggle localization settings should have been there from the start. Why do we even need to say this.

Nexon, I want you to take the following statement and hang it in every single one of your top executive's offices, you ready? Ok here it is, Next time you feel like changing something for no reason in one of your games, remember:
    Literally no one:

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    1- there's players who prefeer the older voices of lann/fiona/evie, as a lann main I prefeer the old voice because it was more emotional, KR is okay just not as good, new dub is horrible because voice clips overlap and the volume is too high
    2- nexon is trying to make the option only affect combat voices because now we can't understand the voice emotes, except for the extreme minority that speaks both korean and english
  • TheDazzIingTheDazzIing
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    3- u still nub >:3
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    Best vindictus update in 8 years. You have no idea how long beta players have been waiting to get Korean voices, even with mods and stuff we couldn't get it to work but now that it's been officially added thank you nexowned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did not have the korean voice lines in our CBT.

NA/EU Closed BETA had the new voice overs in them, not the korean ones.
    I've been playing since closed beta. CBT had the localized Fiona, Lann, and Evie voiceover.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 24, 2019

I've been playing since closed beta. CBT had the localized Fiona, Lann, and Evie voiceover.

He never said that the original Korean voices were used in the closed beta so I don't know why you're seemingly trying to correct him on the topic.

All he's saying is that some of us that participated in the closed beta have wanted the KR voices since release. I myself fall into this category of a CBT that liked the old NA voices, but still had a preference towards the original KR voices.

I'm happy that after 10 years, I get to go CHAAWWW now.

But look on the bright side, we might have a future update the brings the best of both worlds.
    Cloakshire wrote: »

He never said that the original Korean voices were used in the closed beta so I don't know why you're seemingly trying to correct him on the topic.

All he's saying is that some of us that participated in the closed beta have wanted the KR voices since release. I myself fall into this category of a CBT that liked the old NA voices, but still had a preference towards the original KR voices.

I'm happy that after 10 years, I get to go CHAAWWW now.

Wow you got super defensive over nothing.
  • CloakshireCloakshire

And you have a habit of assuming what people mean versus taking what they say literally.
    GhengisJohn

And you have a habit of assuming what people mean versus taking what they say literally.
    Nah.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    when is this coming out? TBH I havent played vind in a while and imma dead ass return for Evie's KR voice lol
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Sanuien wrote: »
    when is this coming out? TBH I havent played vind in a while and imma dead ass return for Evie's KR voice lol

It came out 3 days ago.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    edited December 25, 2019
    Sanuien wrote: »

It came out 3 days ago.

I see. just patched my game few mins ago and gave it a go and all I want to say is...what is this evie voice lol nothing like the kr version high pitch, unless we can select voices somewhere lol

-edit-
    NVM found it. ooof im so thankful, I didnt like the new EN voice lol KR evie is best

also is this one sided or will it affect other players? will I listen to everyone in KR or?
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    edited December 27, 2019
    WhiteYukii wrote: »
    Yes, after letting it sink in for a day I would like to express my approval of the feature that this game needed for almost a decade.
    Amazing how such a basic change can improve the game and make so many people happy. Now the game feels much more authentic to the real Mabinogi Heroes again, the game I actually fell in love with. It's the little things that matter.
    Just stop tampering with the core of the game for no reason and forcing it on players. When I play a Korean game, I want to play, A Korean Game. I know, I know, crazy 200IQ insight right? The option to toggle localization settings should have been there from the start. Why do we even need to say this.

Nexon, I want you to take the following statement and hang it in every single one of your top executive's offices, you ready? Ok here it is, Next time you feel like changing something for no reason in one of your games, remember:
    Literally no one:

That's the power of listening to detailed refind suggestions. The Quality of Life goes up properly