[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Some Feedback/comparison on Battle voices.

Comments

  • EMPRealRapEMPRealRap
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I don't care enough about this issue to read all these 200 word essays but it'd be sick if I could make Eira not sound like a dude and Hurk not sound like a child.
    WorldOriginTwlnBabyDaniHPD
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    Posts: 37
    Member
    In the EU server alone there were at least 20 Neamhain comrades sold, and at least 10,000$ worth of boxes opened last week. I presume in NA it was more or less the same. Which means Nexon made 26,000$~ish in a span of a week at the minimum.

    I don't think any of you fully realize how little to none you (and your opinion) matter to devcat or nexon.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,555
    Posts: 747
    Member
    edited December 8, 2019
    Returner9 wrote: »
    In the EU server alone there were at least 20 Neamhain comrades sold, and at least 10,000$ worth of boxes opened last week. I presume in NA it was more or less the same. Which means Nexon made 26,000$~ish in a span of a week at the minimum.

    I don't think any of you fully realize how little to none you (and your opinion) matter to devcat or nexon.


    What does gatcha's and black Fridays sales have anything to do with people not liking the new combat voices? Heck I haven't heard any say they are stopping playing, let alone stopping paying Nexon money. At most we have said we just play without the sound, and are unhappy because of it.


    (That said I long since stopped buying NX because of the rise update, but obviously I still play way too much.)
    DenshoniTwlnWorldOriginneonBarnacle
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 56
    Member
    ikevi wrote: »

    What does gatcha's and black Fridays sales have anything to do with people not liking the new combat voices? Heck I haven't heard any say they are stopping playing, let alone stopping paying Nexon money..)
    I did. previoisly in this tread.
    I will not be spending another fuckign dime or playing another minute of this game until I have my old Fiona voice back.
    I have other games I dont need vindictus. I have Astellia, Archage, Halo, Temtem, Dota2, League, Apex, and numerous Steam games.
    I also have my motorcycle. I dont have to play this game nor spend another dime in it. And if that means the end of Vindi for me? Then so be it.
    I will not settle for my character being ruined.
    WorldOriginTwlnKatlynn
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    Returner9 wrote: »
    In the EU server alone there were at least 20 Neamhain comrades sold, and at least 10,000$ worth of boxes opened last week. I presume in NA it was more or less the same. Which means Nexon made 26,000$~ish in a span of a week at the minimum.

    I don't think any of you fully realize how little to none you (and your opinion) matter to devcat or nexon.

    Most likely their opinion.Ironically without the players, there would be no income. Pretty gutsy of Nexon to show that arrogance
    WorldOrigin
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    Posts: 37
    Member
    ikevi wrote: »
    What does gatcha's and black Fridays sales have anything to do with people not liking the new combat voices? Heck I haven't heard any say they are stopping playing, let alone stopping paying Nexon money. At most we have said we just play without the sound, and are unhappy because of it.

    Devcat and Nexon count dollar bills, not long-winded tirades on a forum or edgy one-liners on discord. Nexon doesn’t need to care about you liking or not liking the new voices as long as the cash keeps flowing in.

    But you wouldn't get it. You're one of those people.
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    Posts: 30
    Member
    Returner9 wrote: »
    ikevi wrote: »
    What does gatcha's and black Fridays sales have anything to do with people not liking the new combat voices? Heck I haven't heard any say they are stopping playing, let alone stopping paying Nexon money. At most we have said we just play without the sound, and are unhappy because of it.

    Devcat and Nexon count dollar bills, not long-winded tirades on a forum or edgy one-liners on discord. Nexon doesn’t need to care about you liking or not liking the new voices as long as the cash keeps flowing in.

    But you wouldn't get it. You're one of those people.

    If players don't like the new voices, which results in a significant spike in player turnover and the real threat of a boycott from loyal spenders, it directly effects their projected income. Their "cash flow" has everything to do with the playerbase liking or not liking this game. People spend, because they like this game. If player morale is low, players tend to spends less.....Shocker.

    Please think before you type. There are a metric ton of examples where a company makes a horrifically stupid change to a game, and the combined community outrage created a more favorable result, a result that was achieved by people speaking up about the problem, and ignoring decent from naysayers. People sharing their dissatisfaction with the new voices is very useful information for Nexon, it's actual criticism of the service. It could very well lead to the option to choose our voice packs or some other revision that improves OUR version of the game. This is s change that would be very much welcome by both veterans and newcomers for years to come. It's people like you who sabotage the growth of this game.
    TwlnFranBunnyFFXIIWorldOriginKatlynn
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    Returner9 wrote: »
    Devcat and Nexon count dollar bills, not long-winded tirades on a forum or edgy one-liners on discord. Nexon doesn’t need to care about you liking or not liking the new voices as long as the cash keeps flowing in.

    But you wouldn't get it. You're one of those people.

    Well - They should care. Given players are the blood of their game and companies relevancy.


    Nexon won't ever grow better than what they are without proper care. Just slowly decay overtime as more passionate players quit.
    WorldOrigin
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Posts: 200
    Member
    Let me tell you all something, someone posted what looked like a GM stating that they are discussing the voice option.
    TwlnWorldOrigin
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    Kurs wrote: »
    Let me tell you all something, someone posted what looked like a GM stating that they are discussing the voice option.

    If this is true - smart move on their part.


    This is why players need to stick together on issues. Because this quote is still true

    "A house divided by itself cannot stand".
    SwornKnight
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Posts: 200
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    But a house where within there isn't mutual respect and understanding for each other may be what helps further the division when there doesn't need to be any.
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    Kurs wrote: »
    But a house where within there isn't mutual respect and understanding for each other may be what helps further the division when there doesn't need to be any.

    Coming to a common ground is better than everyone pulling in different directions getting no where.

    In this case, optional voice clips is that. Just best to leave it there and you choose personally. No further discussion required tbh.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Posts: 200
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    Yes, but my point is I hope everyone gives credit where credit is due at the very least. And it'd also be nice if people always tries to understand others views instead of assuming. Because I'm honestly expecting that the next "mistake" Nexon makes, people will go on the same "Nexon's doesn't care, Nexon sucks, ded game ded" and anyone who opposes them even slightly, they'll continue to assume what they're saying instead of reading what they're saying and trying to understand. I'd definitely like it if they prove me wrong on that and among other types things I at least wouldn't be surprised seeing though.
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    WhiteYukii wrote: »
    There are a metric ton of examples where a company makes a horrifically stupid change to a game, and the combined community outrage created a more favorable result, a result that was achieved by people speaking up about the problem, and ignoring decent from naysayers. People sharing their dissatisfaction with the new voices is very useful information for Nexon, it's actual criticism of the service. It could very well lead to the option to choose our voice packs or some other revision that improves OUR version of the game. This is s change that would be very much welcome by both veterans and newcomers for years to come. It's people like you who sabotage the growth of this game.

    Case and Point, world of warcraft.
    Look at how hard that game dropped off after Warlords of draenor.
    Look at how trash it is now.
    They just kept upsetting more and more and more people, and those people went to play other games.
    So people asked for classic, and just look, wow's back ontop because they revived a 14 year old peice of crap that some how is better than their brand new peice of crap.
    Amazing.

    Our character's voices were fine, and then they ruined them for the sake of... well i dunno hiring a bunch of people to do voice overs and a featurette for each seems like an enourmous waste of money considering over 90% of the player base hates the change.
    Seems like Nexon could have saved a lot of money by just leaving our character's the hell alone.
    WorldOriginKatlynnBabyDani
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    Kurs wrote: »
    Yes, but my point is I hope everyone gives credit where credit is due at the very least. And it'd also be nice if people always tries to understand others views instead of assuming. Because I'm honestly expecting that the next "mistake" Nexon makes, people will go on the same "Nexon's doesn't care, Nexon sucks, ded game ded" and anyone who opposes them even slightly, they'll continue to assume what they're saying instead of reading what they're saying and trying to understand. I'd definitely like it if they prove me wrong on that and among other types things I at least wouldn't be surprised seeing though.

    What's stopping Nexon from asking players if they want a change or not? They'd get a better idea of what people want while getting minimal backlash.

    Also don't make your post too wordy. More people will read it if so. If people don't agree, move on. Options just work.
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Kurs wrote: »
    Yes, but my point is I hope everyone gives credit where credit is due at the very least. And it'd also be nice if people always tries to understand others views instead of assuming. Because I'm honestly expecting that the next "mistake" Nexon makes, people will go on the same "Nexon's doesn't care, Nexon sucks, ded game ded" and anyone who opposes them even slightly, they'll continue to assume what they're saying instead of reading what they're saying and trying to understand. I'd definitely like it if they prove me wrong on that and among other types things I at least wouldn't be surprised seeing though.

    No one deserves credit for doing the wrong thing, even if they were just doing their job and they werent involved in the choices by the powers that be.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Posts: 200
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    Twln wrote: »
    Kurs wrote: »
    Yes, but my point is I hope everyone gives credit where credit is due at the very least. And it'd also be nice if people always tries to understand others views instead of assuming. Because I'm honestly expecting that the next "mistake" Nexon makes, people will go on the same "Nexon's doesn't care, Nexon sucks, ded game ded" and anyone who opposes them even slightly, they'll continue to assume what they're saying instead of reading what they're saying and trying to understand. I'd definitely like it if they prove me wrong on that and among other types things I at least wouldn't be surprised seeing though.

    What's stopping Nexon from asking players if they want a change or not? They'd get a better idea of what people want while getting minimal backlash.

    Also don't make your post too wordy. More people will read it if so. If people don't agree, move on. Options just work.

    Like I said, if they ask, they'll most likely get answers for and against it, so who do they listen to? Among other reasons (if my posts aren't wordy you'll get a lot of vague "among other things" responses). So for video games won't they just have an intended experience for the players, implement it the best they can and hope for the best? Especially since it's possible and does happen that people can be against it at first but once implemented actually end up enjoying it?
    Kurs wrote: »
    Yes, but my point is I hope everyone gives credit where credit is due at the very least. And it'd also be nice if people always tries to understand others views instead of assuming. Because I'm honestly expecting that the next "mistake" Nexon makes, people will go on the same "Nexon's doesn't care, Nexon sucks, ded game ded" and anyone who opposes them even slightly, they'll continue to assume what they're saying instead of reading what they're saying and trying to understand. I'd definitely like it if they prove me wrong on that and among other types things I at least wouldn't be surprised seeing though.

    No one deserves credit for doing the wrong thing, even if they were just doing their job and they werent involved in the choices by the powers that be.

    "wrong thing", now is your definition of the "wrong thing" the only definition in the world that has value?
    GhengisJohn
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,000
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    Kurs wrote: »

    Like I said, if they ask, they'll most likely get answers for and against it, so who do they listen to?

    Sorry, that's not a good enough reply. Good communication from a developer and publisher should never be seemingly discouraged for that reason.

    If many players are suggesting something you go with that. For example. A graphic/engine overhaul. Or Vindictus 2.

    If discussions on forums meant real changes, not a chance at change. People would work together to fix a lot of things.

    Kurs wrote: »
    Among other reasons (if my posts aren't wordy you'll get a lot of vague "among other things" responses).


    Just get to the point without filler text. unnecessarily large paragraphs amalgamated together aren't fun to read , tbh.

    Kurs wrote: »
    So for video games won't they just have an intended experience for the players, implement it the best they can and hope for the best?

    Yupper.
    Kurs wrote: »
    Especially since it's possible and does happen that people can be against it at first but once implemented actually end up enjoying it?
    Maybe. However , Nexon is still subjected to feedback and appropriate modification of their IPs. Like any game.

    In this case, thats voice options to revert.
    WorldOrigin
  • SixthSixth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Posts: 41
    Member
    Kurs wrote: »
    Like I said, if they ask, they'll most likely get answers for and against it, so who do they listen to?
    Who gets elected at voting times? Surely not the people who get close to no votes.
    The "vocal few", how you call them, took the time to write their opinion. Their opinion matters, because they took the time to do so (be it for or against the topic at hand).
    The "silent many" didn't even care enough to voice their opinion, therefore it stands to reason to ignore them, they most probably won't care about the results anyway, or they are with the majority and think "we got this anyway, I won't bother to type another duplicate post", or they could be with the minority and think "ohh well, it's a lost case, so why bother". In all cases, they just didn't care enough, so no reason to cater to them.

    Time to stop that "who will they listen to" argument, because it's just another hilarious excuse that makes no sense.
    In the event that the ratio of for and against it are close to 50-50%, I would agree with you, but that's clearly not the case here.

    And no, "intended way" is not what MMOs are about. Not when it pisses off so many players. The players here are the customers. Make enough decisions that the majority of the players doesn't like, and you are asking for trouble.

    The only thing they need to do is add that voice type toggle option in the settings menu (which they already did in another version, by the way). 5-10 minutes of work depending on how slow they type. I don't even understand why are they discussing this, it's so obvious what they, as a company, should do when all it takes is just a few minutes to make everyone happy. It's like they are asking for more negativity in their résumé.
    TwlnWorldOriginKatlynn
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Posts: 200
    Member
    edited December 10, 2019
    @Twin
    Kurs wrote: »

    Like I said, if they ask, they'll most likely get answers for and against it, so who do they listen to?

    This part was meant as a "what if" to say if Nexon did listen, the decisions they make may still be the same for the reason given. You seem to have taken it as something else from your response.
    Kurs wrote: »

    Among other reasons (if my posts aren't wordy you'll get a lot of vague "among other things" responses).

    For your response to this, details matter to me, and everything I said had importance, at least for me. So this might be a matter of differences on the type of people we are, so I might not know how to properly condense what I say. I'm also trying to be very very very very very very nice and reasonable, so that might add to the wordyness, people aren't always easy to talk to and I get tempted to say things other ways, so attempting to speak that way might help me try to stay nice too.

    Twln wrote: »
    Maybe. However , Nexon is still subjected to feedback and appropriate modification of their IPs. Like any game.

    In this case, thats voice options to revert.

    So for this, I'll rephrase what my original intent was. I hope that none of you say things like "Pfffft Nexon never listens to us they only care about money" when in fact Nexon did listen. Even if they don't do what you personally want, at least they listened and considered.

    @Sixth
    Now for you, when I say what I say I'm considering features such as the entire mercenary lounge and features in general. My "who will they listen to" and "intended way" argument holds up in that sense, especially during the development phase.
    As far as the voice option is concerned, like I've been saying, I'm okay with it. Now if you want me to get wordy and show my logic and response to every little phrase and word, then I can try.