[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Shouldn't this outfit be in the outfitter shop?

SuhpremeSuhpreme
Vindictus Rep: 3,935
in General Discussion
how come the outfittershop isnt updated anymore?

NclQoby.jpg
TabynaGhengisJohnSwornKnight

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    New outfits being a gacha exlusvie bring more money.
    SwornKnight
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    They should include the non special one in the outfitter shop imo because whales are still gonna go after the coveted +2 balance but what do I know.
    SwornKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    So Korea's outfitter shop doesn't have anything that we don't already have?
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    I don't mind having that outfit even if it doesn't give +2 balance but I want to be top DPS cuz I suck without it xD
    If you don't get special outfit I don't know what you are doing playing bcuz you don't get top DPS
    2edgy4u
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Was that outfit a repeat or something?
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    you could probably make a cheap armor knock off. regina skirt, western blouse, horn rimmed glasses, and some aurora princess heels
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Pretty much what was said above. The whales whale out no matter what. I still have the free outfitter coupons we got going on two years ago sitting unused because they stopped adding to the shop and went to all gotchas.
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Pretty much what was said above. The whales whale out no matter what. I still have the free outfitter coupons we got going on two years ago sitting unused because they stopped adding to the shop and went to all gotchas.

I don't even see whales whaling anymore, I haven't seen new outfits on MP so far. A month is way too long for a gacha sale, pretty much towards the end of the month, nobody is buying them anymore. They are driving players away by making outfits gacha only with extremely low rates.
    GhengisJohnSwornKnightDancingStar
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    edited August 31, 2019
    I agree the whale money is drying up people don't buy nearly as many gacha boxes as when airtights were first introduced. The old gachas presumably had even worse rates than the current one and yet you don't see nearly as many system messages about drops. This super niche game doesn't have the population to handle having a top heavy and frequent gacha that they've been doing for the last year. They used to take a month or 2 break between gachas to allow people to recoup and make each gacha feel more special rather than "oh there will just be cooler outfits next month".

Ultimately nexon has the data and if they feel this is the only way to gain revenue from players so be it. it's just kinda sad cuz dollar signs have taken over their long term decision making. Vindy whales are gonna be sucked dry if they keep this up. I have plenty of unspent nx from when this gacha fiasco started about 3 years ago I'd spend in a heartbeat if they put REAL sales for their runes and outfits instead of overpriced bundles and 0.05% chances on gacha.

Companies that last a long time in america are usually the ones who diversify the most in their revenue streams instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.
    SwornKnightWoollywitch
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited September 2, 2019
    They have not even offered any of the old premium outfitters for sale in the outfitter shop since last year. These were the last ones:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/34441/limited-sale-agent-rocheste-outfits
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/36023/onslaught-update-sales-more

Seriously, characters have come out that I want to buy the premium versions of some outfitters for and those outfitters have never been available for them. Both Grimden and Eira have never had access to this outfit:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/27714/dress-uniforms-and-more

Nexon, you literally will not let me give you my money.

The dark rev outfitter was last on sale THREE YEARS AGO:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/15187/limited-costume-sale-week-2

I made a thread talking about this A YEAR AGO:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14990/dear-nexon-premium-special-versions-of-outfitters

And I have seen videos of people playing on the Korean servers using Eira and the Dark Rev outfitter together so I know they can't be suffering under the same embargo.

I don't even see whales whaling anymore, I haven't seen new outfits on MP so far. A month is way too long for a gacha sale, pretty much towards the end of the month, nobody is buying them anymore. They are driving players away by making outfits gacha only with extremely low rates.

Emerthyst wrote: »
    I agree the whale money is drying up people don't buy nearly as many gacha boxes as when airtights were first introduced. The old gachas presumably had even worse rates than the current one and yet you don't see nearly as many system messages about drops. This super niche game doesn't have the population to handle having a top heavy and frequent gacha that they've been doing for the last year. They used to take a month or 2 break between gachas to allow people to recoup and make each gacha feel more special rather than "oh there will just be cooler outfits next month".

Ultimately nexon has the data and if they feel this is the only way to gain revenue from players so be it. it's just kinda sad cuz dollar signs have taken over their long term decision making. Vindy whales are gonna be sucked dry if they keep this up. I have plenty of unspent nx from when this gacha fiasco started about 3 years ago I'd spend in a heartbeat if they put REAL sales for their runes and outfits instead of overpriced bundles and 0.05% chances on gacha.

Companies that last a long time in america are usually the ones who diversify the most in their revenue streams instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

The problem is two fold. First of all the gachas they're releasing often aren't appealing. This one has a grand total of three outfits in it and one of them is the most plain "sexy office lady" halloween costume imaginable. The second is that the after market from regular players buying the whale's goods has not had sufficient time to recover between crystals which gives whales less incentive to buy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the gremlins, I just wish they had let me buy them in a straight transaction from the supply depot because I have been broke so long that I'm not spending the gold I have now to buy one of those off of a whale.

Seriously. Put some stuff back in the outfitter shop already. I want some of the old outfits. Dressing room fashion points are a thing now and encourage whales to keep on whaling so I think you have a lot less to fear by letting people do straight transactions again.

And yes, that totally should have been in the Outfitter shop.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    edited September 2, 2019
    ^pretty sure KR put most of their really old outfitters non special versions in the outfitter shop unlike us.

Ya the new gremlins are so cute but no way am i forking out a maximum $300+ for them if i get really unlucky in the gacha. To the layman person those gremlins are worth no more than just above the regular price of the ones you can buy the supply depot even if they get fancy effects like mining and immortality.

(to really unlucky people thats a mark up of nearly 10x the price and at 0.95% super rare rate pitying out is actually really likely.)
    Probably nexon won't read this but please stop treating your average players like they're stupid. We do the math and determine if a sale is actually worth it or not your job is make the bundles and items in your shop worth it.
    SwornKnight
  • Returner9Returner9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025
    Ultimately nexon has the data and if they feel this is the only way to gain revenue from players so be it.

Very that. Also, at least in EU, I do see quite a few players with the new pets\outfits. In fact, I saw one on the first (or was it second) day of the gacha release. They're not in the marketplace because they've already been bought. Anyway, back to point. We can all sit here and lament about lootboxes and predatory practices - but Nexon knows best. They know it works.

This is also why they keep pumping out thot bosses left and right. They can't keep up with their own rate of monthly gachas. I bet my bottom dollar Brigit was designed around her costumes and wings. She has like what? 3 different costume changes and 2 versions of wings? She could fill a whole gacha on her own. This is why she's such a buggy mess, because her battle and attack patterns were an afterthought. She's an obvious gacha-boss. So is Selren by the way - costume, wings, a comrade and if they're really running out of ideas, they can sell her as a Hellfairy pet like they did with oldschool succubus. She could also fill a whole gacha on her own.

You can tell that the team in charge of costume design is getting tired and uninspired (artist's block) - they produced like 4 different iterations of a "dark mistress" concept. They are running dry. So the boss design team is helping them out.

This is what Vindictus has morphed into.
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    Returner9 wrote: »
    Ultimately nexon has the data and if they feel this is the only way to gain revenue from players so be it.

but Nexon knows best. They know it works.

Do they really? Look at the state of the game. Or is it just them being lazy, incompetent and greedy?

DancingStar
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    edited September 3, 2019
    Nexon, you literally will not let me give you my money.

They don't want our pathetic 30 dollars, they want the whale money. I'm sure they could rotate 12 old outfits a year and never run out. There are always new players and old players with new characters.
    DancingStar
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    edited September 3, 2019
    It's probably just greed they made ten thousands of dollars off gachas vs only thousands off direct purchase why would they go back to the old method.

The better company would see that the money streams are coming from two different sets of people and capitalize by offering gachas for new releases and direct purchase for less desirable or old items. Repackaging the old rerun sets in their own gachas is such a slap in the face to people who have waited years for a rerun when before it was direct purchase.
    LoyalCasherGhengisJohnSwornKnightIcygoddessDancingStarWoollywitch
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    I have to agree with all of this. I would prefer to pay an upfront price for my outfitters. No gachas, No making a character dirt poor to buy one from whales off mp, no. I dont care about the +2 bal(Enthu still exists). But they should at least put the non-"special" version of the outfitters in the avatar shop. I have characters that need clothes, but Nexon.....

They just dont care about non-whales.
    EmerthystLoyalCasher
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    ^pretty sure KR put most of their really old outfitters non special versions in the outfitter shop unlike us.

They do. Quite a while back someone made a detailed post showing all the outfitters that are available in the KR NX shop all the time. It makes ours look pathetic. It was one of those posts getting a lot of support that finally got them adding more for a while, but then the the gotchas rolled out and that was the end of that for the most part. Again, the main issue is that the whales kept buying no matter what so Nexon never changed things. A lot may have moved on, but I have a number of them in my guild and at least up until the last packs they were still throwing $250-500+ out within the first week. I'm not sure what level it needs to fall below for Nexon to go back to the way it was. The norm used to be that if a Special outfitter released it was limited time, but its normal version was in the shop on release and stayed permanently. Guess it's eff you if you don't want to play the RNG game or spend $40 or 50 for +2 bal, or if you like to mix and match.