[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

LANN worst class atm ??

blenderblender
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
Hey ! , 1 question for the developers - Do you even play and test LANN character in these days /??? , because i can tell you this 4 sure , LANN only playable with insane gear and enchants . Example would be that with a undergered lvl 90 latest character added by the company you can reach way better survivability and damage numbers than a LANN.
All in 1 would be that LANN seriosly needs a reworck. I chalange the devs to grab a ASTERA gered LANN and play in brehe , and then get a Grimdon
with lvl 95 gear and play same areas. The dodge on LANN needs reworcking , same f the stupid cooldown and ofk ..lack of better skills.

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I'ts not the worst, is people like you that makes him have bad reputation. He has high amount of DPS with maxed stats, pretty sure you're the kind of player who doesn't give a **** about stat caps and cries when getting 4º place in raids.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Lann is fine for the most part. He could use a few tweaks but nothing major.

Besides, sword lann is getting a rework in the near future.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I mean compared to new heros all the older ones aren't exactly amazing. Besides sword fiona in like redeemers. If you're talking spear lann, yeah they're kinda in a bad spot, not horrible but for them being the hardest to play the dps potential doesn't match that of far easier chars to play. The new team never really did know how to adjust the older characters. Why there were massive amount of spear lanns and karoks quitting in KR for a while. It's gotten better but, again if you compare to the new chars to the old they basically just get outclassed in most categories.
    blender
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Abaddan wrote: »
    If you're talking spear lann, yeah they're kinda in a bad spot, not horrible but for them being the hardest to play the dps potential doesn't match that of far easier chars to play.

This could be my 7 years experience with spear lann talking, but he is no longer the hardest class these days imo.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    This could be my 7 years experience with spear lann talking, but he is no longer the hardest class these days imo.

For the life of me I still can't figure out how to dps well with eira on lugh 2.0... But lann, easy peasy now. (Obviously other bosses eira is way easier, but that is because her attacks end up just being free dodges.)

And as for when you wear free lv 90 gear... There is a reason it is free, but still Lann isn't even close to the slowest dps for RAR/S2/lv 90 raids. (For me free lv 90 gear on lynn/grim wins the lowest dps awards.)
    MochaAddict94
  • blenderblender
    Abaddan wrote: »
    I mean compared to new heros all the older ones aren't exactly amazing. Besides sword fiona in like redeemers. If you're talking spear lann, yeah they're kinda in a bad spot, not horrible but for them being the hardest to play the dps potential doesn't match that of far easier chars to play. The new team never really did know how to adjust the older characters. Why there were massive amount of spear lanns and karoks quitting in KR for a while. It's gotten better but, again if you compare to the new chars to the old they basically just get outclassed in most categories.

Thats the point i was tryng to reach..
  • blenderblender
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    I'ts not the worst, is people like you that makes him have bad reputation. He has high amount of DPS with maxed stats, pretty sure you're the kind of player who doesn't give a **** about stat caps and cries when getting 4º place in raids.

You just nailed it '' He has high amount od DPS with MAXED STATS '' , mi friend , again , if u ompare with new characters , LANN either sword or spear just suks , dificult to play , dificult to survive , just lame , low hits per second , and so on . The dmg a sword lann deals its crap compared to EIRA , Grimdon and so on .....not even geting in the dodge / dash mechanik for LANN wich suks...
  • blenderblender
    If you whant to be competitive with a lann u need verry high enhanced gear . I can beat mi Astera gered LANN with mi lvl 90 gered Grimdon easily . Lann needs a serios reworck , spear and sword.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Anything a +15 Lann can clear, can also be cleared by a +8 Sylas....faster and with greater survivability.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited August 8, 2019
    blender wrote: »
    If you whant to be competitive with a lann u need verry high enhanced gear . I can beat mi Astera gered LANN with mi lvl 90 gered Grimdon easily . Lann needs a serios reworck , spear and sword.

Yeah you're comparing lann with one of the top tier characters, what did you expect ?
    Since Lann is reliant on stats to deal his damage (particularly critical rate), of course you need high stats,
    The dmg a sword lann deals its crap compared to EIRA , Grimdon and so on .....

Again, you're comparing the top dogs to lann, you MUST have at least max crit rate and max att with a lann to compare in terms of damage, that's a problem indeed, but it has always been this way, they won't change that anytime soon...
    not even geting in the dodge / dash mechanik for LANN wich suks...

His dodge only sucks if you don't know how to use it, i've seen too many people coming from block characters that complain about lann dodge when all they do is cancel the iframes and then get hit...
    MochaAddict94
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    LANN either sword or spear just suks , dificult to play , dificult to survive , just lame , low hits per second , and so on . The dmg a sword lann deals its crap compared to EIRA , Grimdon and so on .....not even geting in the dodge / dash mechanik for LANN wich suks...

Neither lann is difficult to survive with.

Sword Lann has both slip and Nimble Dash.

Spear lann now has one of the most generous dodges in terms of iframes plus having more iframes throughout the entire duration and recovery animation of lightning fury.

This is going to be a bold statement, but if you're having trouble surviving as lann, you're not playing him right. If you have not learned basic survival skills with Lann, I don't think you're experienced enough with him to even be making threads and comments about what he needs.
    MochaAddict94
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Spear Lann hasn't been the hardest class since 2015 with his revamp. His difficulty stemmed from the low inv frames on his roll and the long recovery frames on glides which since then has been buffed over and beyond. Sword Lann was never really difficult compared to the rest of the cast. He just had a significant portion of his damage potential locked behind crit.
    CloakshireMochaAddict94
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Anything a +15 Lann can clear, can also be cleared by a +8 Sylas....faster and with greater survivability.

A dude that has no idea at all how damage formula works, nice.
    You just nailed it '' He has high amount od DPS with MAXED STATS '' , mi friend , again , if u ompare with new characters , LANN either sword or spear just suks , dificult to play , dificult to survive , just lame , low hits per second , and so on . The dmg a sword lann deals its crap compared to EIRA , Grimdon and so on .....not even geting in the dodge / dash mechanik for LANN wich suks...

The point of the game is having maxed stats (6000 add, 3350 att limit, 90 bal, crit cap (182)) all characters have the same goal, so you're blaming Lann for having to reach the same goal other characters have to?
    With these maxed stats, you would find that the entire cast of characters is pretty balanced, doing +- 25% dps, sword Lann can beat half of the characters in dps consistently so that's why I like calling him a mid tier. Against top characters like hurk he can fall a bit behind, but its not that much just a quarter or less. Definitely not S tier but not low tier either.
    MochaAddict94
  • lightkitelightkite
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Maybe Lann just not for you. Honestly you should just enjoy the game and play how you feel who cares about top dps when your having fun. I remember back when Regina just dropped and I would be excited on just not dying and now I try and go no hits in every boss fight. It’s crazy how much you can grow in this game with out even realizing.
    MochaAddict94
  • MochaAddict94MochaAddict94
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    edited August 13, 2019
    I am a sword lann main and I think it's fine the way it is. Upon returning 6 months ago and starting from scratch, I've gone a long way to gearing up my lann and it's very enjoyable. The dodge is significantly better as now you are REWARDED with stamina and CRIT buff for slipping past enemy attack. This encourages you to actually face the boss attacks head on and slip past it. It's a challenging class but it's so rewarding when you put the time in to train. So I really disagree with you. You're saying the devs did nothing to really make Lann better, but they really did. This is coming from someone who has played Sword Lann since s1 and returning 6 months ago. There is a huge difference from Sword Lann now to back then.

This class might just not be for you. If you really love the class then you're willing to spend the time to gear him up. I think the problem is that many people are impatient and want results easy and handed to them on a silver platter. I actually like working hard for my gear. Now, the RNG does suck, but I still try my best to keep moving forwards and it does reward me. If you don't have that kind of tenacity just give it up friend. Vindictus is a tough world. And maining lann is even tougher.
    Icygoddess
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    edited August 13, 2019

A dude that has no idea at all how damage formula works, nice.

True - and I dont care either. My +15 Lann has been collecting dust since before Delia came out. Why? Because my +8 Sylas has been more effective ever since he got a +8 weapon. That was pre-RISE, but w/e. I imagine its still the same performance gap today. Damage? Shmamage. Go pound your calculator, I'll go have fun.

Before you waste your energy on some witty response, you should know I'm a filthy casual who only plays about 2 days a week.
    The point of the game is having maxed stats (6000 add, 3350 att limit, 90 bal, crit cap (182)) all characters have the same goal, so you're blaming Lann for having to reach the same goal other characters have to?
    With these maxed stats, you would find that the entire cast of characters is pretty balanced, doing +- 25% dps, sword Lann can beat half of the characters in dps consistently so that's why I like calling him a mid tier. Against top characters like hurk he can fall a bit behind, but its not that much just a quarter or less. Definitely not S tier but not low tier either.

No- the point is to have fun. As should be in any game. The min/max crowd who think approval only comes from, and thus only lives for, top dps, is very sad indeed.

But truly - any character in the game needs far less stats to be as effective as a decently geared Lann. I feel like any char with +10 gear is prob as good or better than a Lann with + 12. All I ever hear from ppl adding Lanns to their Line-ups is "Why does he suck so much?" Why does he need so much gearing to be even remotely decent?" And I'm like - I learned my lesson in 2015.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    edited August 13, 2019

True - and I dont care either. My +15 Lann has been collecting dust since before Delia came out. Why? Because my +8 Sylas has been more effective ever since he got a +8 weapon. That was pre-RISE, but w/e. I imagine its still the same performance gap today. Damage? Shmamage. Go pound your calculator, I'll go have fun.

Before you waste your energy on some witty response, you should know I'm a filthy casual who only plays about 2 days a week.

Pre-RISE formulas worked different, and you could beat +15 weapons with +10 because the only notable stat you got from enhancing was attack speed. Lann also lacked crucial buffs. To give you an example, a +15 grants you almost triple damage compared to +10.

If you want to discuss something, don't look at how the game was 2 years ago, talk about present.
    No- the point is to have fun. As should be in any game. The min/max crowd who think approval only comes from, and thus only lives for, top dps, is very sad indeed.
    You're asuming people like us don't have fun with the game, and you're wrong there. I have a lot of fun soloing bosses and improving my times, and my favourite place in the game is ein lacher because it readjust the damage so all my alts can deal the same damage as my main.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I imagine its still the same performance gap today

But truly - any character in the game needs far less stats to be as effective as a decently geared Lann. I feel like any char with +10 gear is prob as good or better than a Lann with + 12.

So, what do you truly want ? Have fun without minmaxing while being effective ?
    If you just want to put no effort in and be rewarded for it then your choice of abandoning lann is indeed correct.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited August 13, 2019
    Atherion wrote: »
    Spear Lann hasn't been the hardest class since 2015 with his revamp. His difficulty stemmed from the low inv frames on his roll and the long recovery frames on glides which since then has been buffed over and beyond. Sword Lann was never really difficult compared to the rest of the cast. He just had a significant portion of his damage potential locked behind crit.

What's your opinion of hardest to play. Cause I'm seeing a lot of "He's not that bad" with no comparisons to anything throughout the whole thread. Easy to say he's not bad when people don't compare him to anything. I'm not seeing how when he's the slowest to cross a distance to even reach the already mobile af bosses now. When he does get there the majority of the time he's best dps rotation isn't and option but you fit it in when possible like every class, you'll just get less time than the other chars in that rotation. His dodge may be better but it's certainly not the best, not even by a long shot. The story is the same with all the older classes as far as gear is concerned. It takes a max stat char to match a much lower gear new char. As far as difficulty to play I don't find any of the new chars hard to play honestly. Slight learning curves but just not as hard to live and deal dmg with. If the opinion of hardest to play is who has to press the most buttons that's stupid. The dps potential vs the difficulty or ability it takes to reach that potential in my eyes is what makes a char hard to play, and that simply isn't any of the newer characters that can stick to a boss more than the brawler of the game or smack the boss out of hitbox range does not make a hard class. Being able to apply dps while dodging and cover distances that a spear lann just simply can not to even hit the boss. Not seeing the argument for him being easy to play and do well with. You can pick up basically any of the new chars and be able to play them pretty damn well in a few hours and not nearly as dependent on gear. Even with the same gear, new chars will out pace him and basically all the old chars and basically every raid with a couple exceptions. (or at least should if you know how to play them.) Just because the changed a garbage dodge doesn't mean that the difficulty left. The difficulty didn't solely stem from his dodge either and his dodge still isn't insane in the spectrum of dodges others have.

This was more leaning towards Spear Lann, Sword I don't think is in a bad spot just crit dependent.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited August 13, 2019
    Cb, Staff, and Glaive comes to mind when it comes to characters with significantly worse dodges than Spear Lann.

Hell spear Lann has even longer inv frames and lower recovery frames than Teide Hurk and I have no trouble playing him within melee range.

And we aren’t even factoring in his unlimited stamina where he is no longer punished with a net 7% loss in hp every time he uses it.

So lets list his merits instead of focusing on only the bad.

Spear Lann has unlimited stamina, one of the highest sandbag damage in the game, little recovery frames on his attacks, and a dodge with absurd inv frames.