[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

"Raids of-by-for Everyone Event!" A nice idea but

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
in General Discussion
The highest tier of the reward really needs to include the ability to select smooth legendary ores. They're used for far too many things, all level 100 accessories: the belts, earrings and now rings each eat up two of them, reforging armor, and making torso and leg armor. Somehow despite there being 37 or so pages of the damned things on the NA server they never really dip below 20 million gold. I don't know what's keeping the price of those things so high considering I can try to sell 1 of 3 of a rare scroll on the mp and those scrolls are half price by the end of the day but the price makes anything having to do with smooth ores prohibitively expensive which is keeping a good portion of the casual and just returned segment of population from being able to gear up and hop into all of the level 100 raids and making friends of mine who've returned after long absences feel intimidated only to leave again.

There's also a good segment of the population who don't even want Astera weapons due to the costs involved and this current iteration of the reward only helps those that want to build or have already built an Astera weapon (and it doesn't even cover the weapon essence itself which is still the most expensive part). At least if smooth ores were selectable, people who want to stick with Dullahan weapons could build themselves modern accessories and actually get something out of the event. I know it's probably too late to do anything about this event as it stands, and the kind of people who gouge the server to death on sales at present will complain but if you guys would consider doing the same thing you're doing with weapon ores with armor ores in the future it would probably do a lot more to help the player base and encourage raiding than this will.
LoLoBootyIcygoddessWilkoLoyalCasheraylbdr

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    The weird part is the fact they labeled it a "legendary ore" box instead of "legendary weapon ore" box like they did to separate the dulla chunk boxes. Is this foreboding for the future where they will never introduce a armor version of this box or just a typo i wonder.
    GhengisJohnaylbdr
  • SoulKingSoulKing
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    I dislike this event not because of the awful rewards (Lugh coming out tanked the weapon ore prices), but because the idea behind it should be a permanent mechanic of its own in some form.

10 runs for 1 single steel is awful for an event. But in general, it's a good way to get people to keep running 90s and actually eventually reward players for doing runs. Instead we get 3 max for this single event that can't even reforge once on the lowest tier of equipment given.
    DaimusGhengisJohnaylbdr