[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[SUGGESTION] Market System rework

SerikaSerika
Vindictus Rep: 610
in Suggestions and Feedback
Heyo boys and grills.
I was scrolling the marketplace pretty often in these days...there's something that really gets on my nerves and it's the prices of the outfits in the marketplace (especially in EU).

And that's just an example, because people do this with almost everything.

So that made me think about another game I play as much as Vindictus that has a very good market system: Black Desert Online.

A ) "Well the community in BDO is higher than Vindictus' so there's more money"
B ) True, but you gotta think that if you see a Special Neamhain Set in MP for 700m gold you would never buy it, even if you're the most rich and dumb player in the game and there will never be so much money.

So this is what I'm gonna propose:
If you take a look at these screenshots about BDO's marketplace you'll see that there's a price limit you can choose for an item and you can't decide otherwise.

ttwoc9B.jpg
HVYEez3.jpg

The honest price for a special(and rare) outfit has always been 300/350m gold, now the cashers put them for 600/700m. Why?
There's not so much to explain, the only answer is they're the few ones that nowadays pay for the Event Crystals and find those sets, so they think they can manipulate the Market System as the please (the system is not at your service, pretty boy).

In this way, people (especially the cashers) are aware that the price of an item can only be that, and everyone can be get what they want if they farm money (the RIGHT WAY, not those overrated prices).

Hope this goes up on notice, because me and lots of other players are sick of the ones that put items with unthinkable prices in mp.

Comments

• AslaiAslai
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    The cashers list them at a higher price because the rates have gotten worse ever since they made the coupon swap versions tradeable, and the Gold:NX rate has gotten less favorable for buyers too. On NA, the Gold:NX rate has literally doubled in the past year or so. OTOH, on NA we have so much gold that the market price cap of 1b places a solid downward pressure on the price of top tier outfits, unlike on EU.

IMO a better option would just be to make the sale history for a given item available for people to look at so they can make more informed choices when listing and buying items. Sure, 700m is a high price, but if the last 100 Neam sets were sold for 800m or more, then that recontextualizes that number to show that while it's still a massive price, it's actually a kind of ok deal.
  • SerikaSerika
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Aslai wrote: »
    The cashers list them at a higher price because the rates have gotten worse ever since they made the coupon swap versions tradeable, and the Gold:NX rate has gotten less favorable for buyers too. On NA, the Gold:NX rate has literally doubled in the past year or so. OTOH, on NA we have so much gold that the market price cap of 1b places a solid downward pressure on the price of top tier outfits, unlike on EU.

IMO a better option would just be to make the sale history for a given item available for people to look at so they can make more informed choices when listing and buying items. Sure, 700m is a high price, but if the last 100 Neam sets were sold for 800m or more, then that recontextualizes that number to show that while it's still a massive price, it's actually a kind of ok deal.

So basically it's just EU who has this crysis.

Well I hope they fix that because it became quite impossibile for who doesn't shop to buy aesthetic gear.