[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What are your thoughts?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in General Discussion
I understand that this is a topic that belongs in the Suggestions and Feedback section of the forums, but because General tends to get more volume, I thought I would post this discussion topic here. The discussion topic is Gachapons.

Here is an idea (reasonable, I hope) that would make Gachapons slightly more better. Instead of having various types of crystals, why not have a universal crystal that would work on all Gachapons? Suppose a player doesn't pull an outfit they want or get the appropriate amount of crystals within the given time frame, a universal crystal would allow the player to save up crystals from past Gachapon sales and put it towards an outfit/wings for upcoming sales.

It would be better (imo) than having to NPC them for 2 AP or exchange them for fodder rewards such as blessings, GGs, and pots.

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    I think there was a universal voucher in the past, then it got removed.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    The only reason they don't is greed not that they can't as seen with the vindicator box before that went indefinitely until it was pulled. They want you to ideally whale on every gacha regardless of the quality of the outfits and having a universal ticket would reduce sales cuz you can just hoard on the gachas with better prizes.
    Prototypemind
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    I think there was a universal voucher in the past, then it got removed.

Yep, and Nexon said that those coupons would be the go to for all of time. Then they switched, so a lot of the value over time from participating in multiple gapchas was lost, but people just kept buying so Nexon didn't really have any incentive to go back.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited May 10, 2019
    I may be a whale, but even I'm not that stupid. $400 for 1 guaranteed outfit? Really? An outfit made of pixels is not worth $400

I love Vindi, but not that much for one outfit.

Enjoy!
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48214293
    https://www.wired.com/story/videogame-legislation-loot-boxes/
    Def. looking forward to when this law gets passed. :)
    Icygoddess
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited May 10, 2019
    I think it's a very shortsighted decision on their part to move all future outfits to gacha only I know this is getting them a lot of money from the 1% whales in community but in return this is killing any and all attempts for new players entering the game. The moment they realize that to get the fancy outfits it takes either a boat load of gold or 400$ to guarantee it they nope the heck out. I know pity coupons is not supposed to be the true value of the set but even at 4x the regular price that's still $100 for pixels which a small dolphin like myself and new players cannot justify spending on.