[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What you like/dislike at rise Vindictus?

Comments

• Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Pros:
    Health potion quick use
    Free Decent Gear at 90+
    The ability to obtain a +15 through work (I've played since beta and have been so unlucky that I've never passed +11 on ANY CHARACTER)
    Parthalon Vanguard
    Guild homes
    Quick Battle

Cons:
    Potion Heavy Drink Mechanic removal
    Removal of 8 person raids
    hard mode Removal
    Trivialization of old end game bosses
    Dead Content
    Memories of the Past Separation
    old Raids are no longer classified as Raids
    Hero Mode Rebalancing
    Hero Mode has no current purpose
    NEW ARBITRARY STAT THAT REQUIRES YOU TO DROP YOUR SPECIFIC BUILD TO BUY THE NEW END GAME ACCESSORIES
    Quick Battle
    Quick Battle Crit/Bal Stat requirements
    New Bosses Stat reliance
    Silly stat requirement jumps between battles
    New Stat items's crafting dropped in new Battle THAT REQUIRES THE STAT TO JOIN
    Bracelets horrid Drop Rates never being fixed or used to fix other aspects that were broken by Rise
    Removal of 8 man raids with the reselling of NPCs that take up the spaces of old players FOR AROUND 300$

I'm probably missing some things but as I wrote this out my headache was getting worse and worse
    Hope you understand

The things that hurt the most is the 8 man raids being removed and trivialization of old content
    Nothing matters until you reach level 90+ and then legit new players are gonna get their butts handed to them and probably give up because they were never challenged until this point

I don't know how to fix everything but this could breath new life in old content
    I'd suggest making a new difficulty something like "Macha's Revenge"
    A new 8-Man mode(no partner pets) that makes all battles take stats out of the equation and gives each character their own stats per battle based on the person's build while simultaneously making the bosses more difficult by giving them more abilities and attacks including some Cinematic boss ults that can outright body multiple people simultaneously

Rewards would include outfitter versions of regular gear In 3, sometimes 4 Variants
    Basic: how the armor regularly looks
    Incomplete: few armors currently have an Incomplete look (Example is the Northern Pike body without spikes)
    Broken: how the armor looks broken
    (New) Epic looking: A new take on current gear that looks more flashy and amazing

Score will be determined by Damage, Revivals, Support.(chainhooks/clash/ults/Ect) Revivals and Support contributing significantly more than Damage
    Revivals by a Flat but large amount Support by 30% of damage done while boss is Crowd controled (Hurks deflect wouldn't count as it already boosts his damage) Supports that saves lives or prevents a big move will gain an extra 1/3rd of what a Revival gives on top of what it gains naturally

Top 3 will have a chance to get a box(drop chance will increase with every top 3 Victory) that will allow them to choose what version of the outfit piece they want from this battle(Broken/Incomplete when available/Regular/New Epic looking) while everyone else will only have a chance at a random drop for the different outfits(with the exception of the New Epic looking Variant) other drops would include Bracelet boxes and Gem Box Keys as well as New useful Variants of old removed Enchants that give interesting abilities similar to the Tier 90+ Gear but have middling stats overall

Battles that killed the most people during the week will drop a few Triumph medals during the weekend upon completion

I think this kind of thing could bring back some of the love and nostalgia this game used to have while breathing new life into old content
    Could you Imagine some of the ridiculous things old bosses could do

White Tyrant pulling Furious Seven

Ulchas pulling a Massive Sword out of the ground and dropping it down with a massive explosion that summons a bunch of blades for everyone that survived

Gnoll Cheiftan Throwing his Hammer like Karok thows his pillar before grabbing two players spinning around slamming them into other players before launching them at the back line Charging his hammer down and grabbing it with a spinning swing

Thor running people down gobbling them up frying them in it's mouth using lightning where their teammates can try to Chain Hook from out of the water and rip it's mouth open so the captured players can get out alive

It sounds like a lot of work but it'd be something that I believe most of the playerbase would really enjoy
    The rewards would be worthwhile the battles would be difficult you wouldn't be able to stat your way to victory
    best of all it'd just be a bunch of fun

Sure a few bosses could be somewhat cheap to make an 8man party semi important
    but I myself enjoyed Vindictus the most when the fight was legit difficult I still remember when White Tyrant was the endgame
    Where Fiona's shield could break and almost all bosses did around 1/4th of my life per hit
    Mistakes led to death and people had to learn every boss and their Gimmicks

This has just been some thoughts kicking around in my head they aren't quite complete and would likely need tweaking if they were to be implemented
    But the idea of it is pretty cool in my opinion
    DzeikorJathy
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    I'll join the whine thread too:
    1. instead of diversity of gameplay they force us to play as they intend (invulnerable bosses while certain moves/cutscenes, red circles, other aoe circles, QB restriction and host don't have full control of the boat, less armor, less builds)
    2. too many recycled things taken as new content (abyssal arena, special battles, OS)
    3. events that are not enjoyable anymore (every event used to bring life to the game a little, now it's just afk for thingies with expiration or do daily for tickets to exchange sumthing)
    4. instead of fixing things/ uptading to date/ upgrading they remove it (jump, hard mode, hero mode, HP scaling bosses, old S2 mechanics and much more)
    5. more gachas instead of direct outfit sales
    6. mods disappeared, GMs disappeared, when you send a ticket you don't know if the reply that came back is autogenerated or written by a real person (Even when there was EU version on we used to get better response than now, when I posted bug on a forum I usually got reply from within a week whether it is a real bug or something bad on my side and if they are already working on it )
    7. they are slowly removing all the fun from the game to make it simple (cd on clash, delia with karok clash is not thing anymore, boss being sometimes being invulnerable to stun, you can no longer use hooks to hold down bosses, breakoffs are useless and not enjoyable as they used to be)
    8. cloth heavy and plate armor became thing of the past
    9. crit build is being forced on us
    10. counterforce is just a goldsink and statwall
    11. new raids got too op stats and there is huge statboost between raids
    12. not a single glaive bug was fixed since rise
    13. glaive is getting minimal attention every update (while almost every other weapon got some changed glaive got almost nothing)
    14. marketplace still got some bugs in search
    15. too long between updates for 10-30 minutes of new content (it wouldn't be so bad if there were enjoyable events)

To summaRISE: It feels too forced, one and only build for win, one and only strategy in battle, 2ndary weapons are useless, events are boring, you can expect bosses to have red circles from now on. Also it feels like the publisher is casting this game away...
    DzeikorPrototypemind
  • DzeikorDzeikor
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    I thi
    Vladino wrote: »
    I'll join the whine thread too:
    1. instead of diversity of gameplay they force us to play as they intend (invulnerable bosses while certain moves/cutscenes, red circles, other aoe circles, QB restriction and host don't have full control of the boat, less armor, less builds)
    2. too many recycled things taken as new content (abyssal arena, special battles, OS)
    3. events that are not enjoyable anymore (every event used to bring life to the game a little, now it's just afk for thingies with expiration or do daily for tickets to exchange sumthing)
    4. instead of fixing things/ uptading to date/ upgrading they remove it (jump, hard mode, hero mode, HP scaling bosses, old S2 mechanics and much more)
    5. more gachas instead of direct outfit sales
    6. mods disappeared, GMs disappeared, when you send a ticket you don't know if the reply that came back is autogenerated or written by a real person (Even when there was EU version on we used to get better response than now, when I posted bug on a forum I usually got reply from within a week whether it is a real bug or something bad on my side and if they are already working on it )
    7. they are slowly removing all the fun from the game to make it simple (cd on clash, delia with karok clash is not thing anymore, boss being sometimes being invulnerable to stun, you can no longer use hooks to hold down bosses, breakoffs are useless and not enjoyable as they used to be)
    8. cloth heavy and plate armor became thing of the past
    9. crit build is being forced on us
    10. counterforce is just a goldsink and statwall
    11. new raids got too op stats and there is huge statboost between raids
    12. not a single glaive bug was fixed since rise
    13. glaive is getting minimal attention every update (while almost every other weapon got some changed glaive got almost nothing)
    14. marketplace still got some bugs in search
    15. too long between updates for 10-30 minutes of new content (it wouldn't be so bad if there were enjoyable events)

To summaRISE: It feels too forced, one and only build for win, one and only strategy in battle, 2ndary weapons are useless, events are boring, you can expect bosses to have red circles from now on. Also it feels like the publisher is casting this game away...

This is Nexon for you,they dont ask they dont care,they just do whatever they want always,and this is what will ultimately kill the game,Nexon is not worth of this game.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Vladino wrote: »
    delia with karok clash is not thing anymore

Clash supernova is still here.
  • KlardKlard
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Bring back my 2 min cd clash =)))
    Sir_Render
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited April 9, 2019
    I'm with you vlad glaive buff when :(?
    no changes to glaive in kr either so we're just screwed.
  • DzeikorDzeikor
    Emerthyst wrote: »

I honestly feel like except kr all other servers are dying,or receiving even less attention,tickets are dead,player suggestions are dead,they are litteraly so out of touch with their community its a joke,I hope nexon will sell out this year and someone else will manage the game..
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Dzeikor wrote: »

I honestly feel like except kr all other servers are dying,or receiving even less attention,tickets are dead,player suggestions are dead,they are litteraly so out of touch with their community its a joke,I hope nexon will sell out this year and someone else will manage the game..

While it's kinda annoying that player feedback is never explicitly stated to be the reason some things change you gotta give them some respect for doing their own thing in the face of everyone. I certainly wouldn't want this game run by only player feedback.
  • DzeikorDzeikor
    edited April 9, 2019

While it's kinda annoying that player feedback is never explicitly stated to be the reason some things change you gotta give them some respect for doing their own thing in the face of everyone. I certainly wouldn't want this game run by only player feedback.

Sorry but I have no respect for Nexon,not even a little,the only thing they would make me happy doing is sell the game to someone competent that actually listen to what's left from the playerbase.They screwed the playerbase over and over again,they deserve no pity.
  • JathyJathy
    Vindictus Rep: 875
    That it is being managed by Nexon, and not some proper publisher.

Best answer ever <3 .Anyway I heard some news nexon might be selling https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nexon-sale/nexon-founder-to-sell-controlling-stake-in-gaming-companys-holding-firm-korea-economic-daily-idUSKCN1OX010 There is hope for this game.

From the article: possible buyers include Kakao, Netmarble, Tencent Holdings, and Electronic Arts.
    Anyone have any experience with the first three mentioned corporations?
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Jathy wrote: »
    That it is being managed by Nexon, and not some proper publisher.

Best answer ever <3 .Anyway I heard some news nexon might be selling https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nexon-sale/nexon-founder-to-sell-controlling-stake-in-gaming-companys-holding-firm-korea-economic-daily-idUSKCN1OX010 There is hope for this game.

From the article: possible buyers include Kakao, Netmarble, Tencent Holdings, and Electronic Arts.
    Anyone have any experience with the first three mentioned corporations?

Kakao Corp owns Kakao games who created Black Desert Online

No clue who netmarble is

Tencent is a gaming company in China that owns 40% of Epic games . So they have something to do with fortnite and the ue4 engine I love

Electronic Arts - I don't need to explain EA.
    JathyDzeikor
  • TwlnTwln
    sadrazam wrote: »
    combo bonus
    oath of honours
    difficulty options
    jump
    8 man raids
    old malina

I missed the ability to jump and drink potions as a temp returning player. Felt like something was missing
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Twln wrote: »
    combo bonus
    oath of honours
    difficulty options
    jump
    8 man raids
    old malina

I missed the ability to jump and drink potions as a temp returning player. Felt like something was missing

Surprised so many have fond memories of jump I remember it as an extremely clunky feature that barely worked half the time possibly because of a limitation on their engine.
  • TwlnTwln
    Twln wrote: »
    combo bonus
    oath of honours
    difficulty options
    jump
    8 man raids
    old malina

Surprised so many have fond memories of jump I remember it as an extremely clunky feature that barely worked half the time possibly because of a limitation on their engine.

We both know Nexon is rich. They can upgrade their engine or port it over to a superior engine lol

nexon seem happy starting over with Dragon Hound so far though
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited April 10, 2019
    As much as I'd like an upgraded engine too, I don't think making games is as easy of a matter of throwing more money at it = building games faster. And I'm guessing that porting to a new engine might not be as easy as you think it is.
    LoLoBooty
  • TwlnTwln
    No - it's that easy for qualified programmers to port Vindictus over to another engine. It just requires time and payment.

The real problem is investment . Is it worth repairing for a small community? Can they break even? Or is it safer to start over with a new title? So far dragon hound is their new start.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited April 10, 2019
    you're absolutely right there. But porting also takes an understanding of the original code and the new engines coding, and you can't just throw more people into it and expect things to go faster. Because more people means tougher for team leaders to coordinate, more opportunity for screw ups etc. And all this can be tough especially when you add new people to the team and older members who understand the code, or created the code leave the team. So more money doesn't necessarily mean faster work. I don't think a port would happen, Vindi 2 hopefully will happen though
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited April 10, 2019
    What I disliked about RISE (And other general dislikes):
    • The removal of the potion drinking animation (Removes an aspect of skill and awareness from the game).
    • The removal of 8 man raids (Yes I understand decreasing it to 4 & the QB system allows for more raiding, but I would have liked it if the option for 8-man was still available).
    • The fact that Hero mode doesn't feature super-powered bosses with 2x movement speed (Hero used to be a challenge; 4x speed thor +sweat, but now Hero mode is nothing more than a joke).
    • The absolute nerf of Season 1 and 2 bosses (Yes I understand that this was kinda necessary as new players often got walled here and this allows them to continue progressing unhindered, but it'd be nice if the option was still there).
    • The removal of boss HP scaling based upon party size (I could be wrong here).
    • The removal of the zero revive rule in Niflheim Raids (These raids were fun because the danger of death meant something and would be the perfect taste of what Redeemer raids are like, but I guess that was too hard for people).
    • The removal of Jump
    • The removal of XE moves. (I'm not a former EU player and never experienced XE moves, but it's sad that some badass looking moves are gone never to be experienced. All XE moves can be viewed here in my XE Thread.).
    • The combination of cloth, light, heavy, and plate armor into just one category. (I miss being able to choose between a faster build with more crit/speed/bal at the cost of def versus the vice-versa. Overall lack of build diversity).
    • The introduction of Additional Damage. (+15 used to give +300 AD and it was just additive on top of your damage iirc. A +15 wielder could be beaten by a +10 player through pure skill. The main appeal of +15 was speed).
    • The expansion of enhancement to +20 and the nerfing of +13 through +15 success rates.
    • The introduction and addition of the character Miri.
    • The introduction of the Counterforce stat.
    • The removal of cool armor sets like the Raider's set, etc.
    • The lack of creativity and diversity of armor sets/weapons for a single level range. (There used to be multiple options for each level. There were plenty of level 70, 80, and even 90 options available to the player. Level 95 is just Dulla, and level 100 is just Astera).

That's everything I can think of atm.
  • TwlnTwln
    edited April 10, 2019
    Don't even need the old programmers.Assets are already made and copyrighted. It's a simple matter of remapping the assests to the new engine which just require money for qualified programmers time lol the end result would be a much more smooth vindictus with new better add-on potential. Nexon can also port a couple assets over and slap a 2 at the end aswell.

The biggest issue to them possibly is if it worth it? They probably worried about going broke like boss key' s Law breakers and radical heights .

• MeerakuMeeraku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    I just miss my old friends :c
    TwlnDzeikorSir_Render