[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do you like to be TOP DPS?

IntoHellIntoHell
Vindictus Rep: 990
edited April 2, 2019 in General Discussion
Hi I wanted to know if you like to be the TOP DPS too
It's all life can give me

Sometimes people hurt my feelings but its okay because I have screenshots of my TOP DPS battle result and I feel better
  1. Do you want to be TOP DPS all the time?34 votes
    1. Yes
       38% (13 votes)
    2. No I don't have +15 i'm a scrub
       62% (21 votes)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    *rolls eyes*
    oh boi...
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Honestly I'm just happy as long as the boss doesn't keel over in less than 2 mins XD
    IntoHell
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I'm with @Sir_Render on this. People that do insane damage ruin fights from my perspective.

Me: Gets ready to go in and give it my all.
    *Fellow OP party member burns half the boss's HP in 2 minutes*
    Me: Well, there goes the fun *rolls eyes*

In regards to the OP, do I like being top DPS? Hmmm, yeah I do. I enjoy it even more when I outdps more powerful people that spam GG's. Gives me a sense of accomplishment knowing that I outdps'd them because my skill was enough to overcome the stat difference.

Do I want to be top DPS all the time? Nah, not really as I'm more focused on playing hard, enjoying the fight, and trying to push myself further. Getting top is just a nice surprise at the end if it happens.
    IntoHellDIN0BOK_CHOISir_RenderIcyz
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    thank you for your opinions
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    @Sir_Render & Cloakshire
    why then just solo content? more bosses for you =) and you can really "go in and give it your all"
    yeah less core per hour (if you care) but more enjoyable fights
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I like people who tryhard to be topdeeps in every raid. After I do the minimum dps for full core rewards it's nap time for the rest of the raid.

Also, it's super fun to see them tilted af when they see me getting valuable ES while they did all the work and got some trash items.
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    edited April 4, 2019
    I like people who tryhard to be topdeeps in every raid. After I do the minimum dps for full core rewards it's nap time for the rest of the raid.

Also, it's super fun to see them tilted af when they see me getting valuable ES while they did all the work and got some trash items.

D :<
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Yes and no for me. It shows if I've improved and gotten a better handle over the characters I'm playing. No because at times, I don't like feeling as though I'm putting in all the work while someone else is slacking off (which if I see someone afking in my boats, I'll kick them the majority of the time). It is a bit of an "ego boost" when I can out DPS some OP/ranked players (being no ranked) but tend to not put much stock into it since most mainly rely on their gear to do work without really learning the ins and outs of their characters. I mostly just play for fun, part of that fun is being good and becoming better than what I was capable of before. Do all that just to eventually learn to solo~

And I agree with @Cloakshire and @Sir_Render. There's a difference between enjoying a good fight with a boss vs watching someone just melt threw its HP, it kills any enjoyment you'd get out of playing, feels like bullying, and completely removes what little of an edge is left after RISE nerfs you'd feel when you're fighting a boss you once thought was tough and would be nervous to fight.
    IntoHell
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    rondomiza wrote: »
    @Sir_Render & Cloakshire
    why then just solo content? more bosses for you =) and you can really "go in and give it your all"
    yeah less core per hour (if you care) but more enjoyable fights

For me specifically
    Vindictus was the most fun when bosses could tank an entire party of 8 people
    The bosses didn't die instantly heck sometimes the party would get wiped
    but I really enjoy the mutual struggle with a large group

As time has gone on I could solo bosses in decent time but it just doesn't have the same epic scale to me
    I'd rather be a band of 8 weaklings taking the boss down in say 20ish mins after an epic struggle
    Than either taking it down in 1min in a party of 4 or 8 mins by myself
    Cloakshire