[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Da fuq?! Eira = Miul?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited March 25, 2019 in General Discussion
http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/45436/weekly-maintenance-march-26th
Um...Not sure how I feel about the name change, but ok.

Now, I didn't mind when they changed Haegie to Sylas, but what is wrong with Miul?

Comments

• SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    Sounds too similar to Mule? or too similar to Muir? Who knows. Like this name better tbh
    Annaz
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Satsue wrote: »
    Sounds too similar to Mule? or too similar to Muir? Who knows. Like this name better tbh

Or Miul is just sound too koreish, but we are not in Korea. Anyway I don't think that anybody care to much about such trivial matters.
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    I like Eira better, I agree that Miul is way too similar to Mule in English.
  • TachiTachi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,360
    Wow! I think it's nice
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Not like your character ign is going to be named Eira anyways lul. I agree they probably changed her name for pronunciation reasons.
    Daimus
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Daimus wrote: »
    Satsue wrote: »

Or Miul is just sound too koreish, but we are not in Korea.

And replace too koreish with too Welshish....

Sorry but EIRA is just reminds me of IRA. I feel like I have to invest now in my retirement savings :(
    BabyDani
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited March 25, 2019
    Too bad; I thought Miul was actually kind of nice-sounding, but I guess since English tends to be heavy on the dipthongs especially when adopting foreign words (e.g. Tokyo = tow-kyow), I guess I could see how people might pronounce it like "mule".

I figured the difference in name style (Korean-ish vs. Russian-ish) was due to their separation at early age, so it'll be interesting to see how they reflect this in her backstory.

Well whatever, I just hope she's at least fun to play. I'd like to say it'd be cool to see her get a rifle or shotgun for slower staff Evie-like gameplay, but maybe that's too similar to Teide or Kai already. But since Teide is kinda like Devil May Cry, maybe Eira will just stick guns on her feet and go full Bayonetta breakdancing? It'd be a total ripoff but it'd be fun to see. I wouldn't mind seeing a new weapon style that's a little more acrobatic or martial arts-like. But... I guess that's really a long ways off.

now I gotta make sure what hair and eye color my Arisha has so I can try to give the two similar traits.
    Daimus
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited March 25, 2019
    I haven't been on the forums like forever and haven't played this in over a year. But I came to say nexon what where you smoking when you change a good name like Miul for Eira like really.
    BabyDani
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    It is cool that they gave Arisha a sister. Arisha = Ruler of Time, Eira = Ruler of Space. Together, they control space and time. Would make sense why the bad guys are after them.

Do you think we'll be seeing Miri's little brother anytime soon? He was mentioned in her backstory as Maru.
  • AmazingKiwiAmazingKiwi
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Imagine if the character was named Eira in KR (probably Eila, or w/e) and the name got changed to Miul. Wouldn't you be like 'wtf!! why miul?'
    Purists always complaining about the most trivial matters.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    5iandh wrote: »
    eira = if you read it from right to left it spells Arie / or/ sis is Arisha . So can they exist on the same plane or do they cancle each other out like antimatter and regular matter?

Idk what you smoked but i want some.. :)

On a sidenote if the name was changed due to its sound (hopefully not) i call it a bad decision and even worst choice the alternative.
    So just because 'faq' sounds like smt else or 'c0ckweather' recall another thing Miul vaguely sounds like mule should we change everything? I disagree.

Miul was invented/created long ago with that name in mind and it sounds actually nice. Eira sounds like an old aged woman name..

Also allysse real name (inn keeper from malina) is Eire already.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    mewl :3
    BabyDani
  • WinViper4016WinViper4016
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited March 26, 2019
    So who is big sister arisha or eira but i think arisha :)
  • ordinaryabnormalityordinaryabnormality
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    i like Eira
    Annaz
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited March 26, 2019
    Well whatever, I just hope she's at least fun to play. I'd like to say it'd be cool to see her get a rifle or shotgun for slower staff Evie-like gameplay, but maybe that's too similar to Teide or Kai already. But since Teide is kinda like Devil May Cry, maybe Eira will just stick guns on her feet and go full Bayonetta breakdancing? It'd be a total ripoff but it'd be fun to see. I wouldn't mind seeing a new weapon style that's a little more acrobatic or martial arts-like. But... I guess that's really a long ways off.

now I gotta make sure what hair and eye color my Arisha has so I can try to give the two similar traits.

Hm, shotgun sounds good, especially if developers will made few more models for it as a new secondary, and also add to it a real sniper mod. With serrated bleeding ammo for cruel end of miserable scumbags. Or just made it as separate custom-made heavy magic rifle with two barrels and two separate clips, and few types of ammo for mass extermination of overpowered vermins. Of course we also need bayonet for it, to crack a skulls and split a guts.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/45436/weekly-maintenance-march-26th
    Um...Not sure how I feel about the name change, but ok.

Now, I didn't mind when they changed Haegie to Sylas, but what is wrong with Miul?

why does it even matter, we have name our own character anyway.
    Annaz
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    I like both but Eira sounds cooler.
    Annaz
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    People liking butchered westernized versions done by americans are braindead that's why
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    So was grinden actually supposed to have been Kiva?
  • NimboSliceNimboSlice
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Her name is and will be forever known to me as "Free character slot"