[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The Eye ban

ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
Vindictus Rep: 2,260
in General Discussion
I don't get it, what's going on here? Did someone at Nexon HQ got severe pink eye or something?

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/44918/notice-regarding-eye-related-items

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 6, 2019
    Nah, they got lazy and just don't want to code it so the new character can use them. Similar things can be said about older outfits etc. (IE thought is likely, if they can't make money off of it, why bother adding it?)
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    So goodbye trying to equip this on Miul whenever she comes out.
    GhengisJohn
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    I believe someone said that the eyes in this game are actually modeled or something on one of the discords, and that means that they have to make a new model for each of those eye items for each character that comes out so it can be used... in that case it would make sense, but still disappointing that we have yet another interesting item type gone.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Satsue wrote: »
    I believe someone said that the eyes in this game are actually modeled or something on one of the discords, and that means that they have to make a new model for each of those eye items for each character that comes out so it can be used... in that case it would make sense, but still disappointing that we have yet another interesting item type gone.

Does any current character glitch when equipping neam eyes? According to the update "All characters added after the patch of October 18th, 2018, will not be able to equip any eye-related items". -- Grimden?
  • SatsueSatsue
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Does any current character glitch when equipping neam eyes? According to the update "All characters added after the patch of October 18th, 2018, will not be able to equip any eye-related items". -- Grimden?
    have a feeling that was directly brought over without being edited, because it would make no sense for us here.

Interestingly, if we were to assume they didn't change the date, then Korea actually did have a patch on october 18th, and it was after already having the Guild house. Meaning for us, it would translate to January 22, 2019.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Its an odd choice, they could just restrict them to the current characters (since there's cosmetic items only available to certain characters) instead of making them unobtainable.
    LoLoBootyGhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    The prices skyrocketed. You used to see them for sub 1 mil now they're 79-88. Sad as I wanted one for my Lynn but predictable.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    The odd thing to me is that if they have to custom model eyes for every character and that is too problematic, why do it for so many of the old gear sets which surely get used less than the eyes and would require much more time overall? I would have thought they would have invested heavily in a script based / parameter-ized approach to heavily mitigate these types of issues but who knows...And then of course blocking all existing characters...who knows...it seems that phrase comes up a lot with this game...
  • SatsueSatsue
    character bodies are different, they are likely copy-pasted from other, existing characters, and just have a new head slapped on. That's the only way this makes sense with the characters using old outfuts they shouldn't, but not able to use eyes.