[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning player need help

WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
Vindictus Rep: 1,380
edited February 25, 2019 in General Discussion
Ok so here is the situation. I am a returning player after quitting the game 3+ years ago (I sometimes login randomly and play for a little while, but never made any serious attempt to jump back into the game until now). My gear is extremely outdated 70-90 stuff, it's even worse on my alts. I have no gold to buy or enchant clean level 90 gear off the market. I have l no clue whats new, or how to go about progressing in the game anymore, and I wish to main one of my alts (Lynn). Which has even worse gear.

The problem is, for some reason, Nexon makes it extraordinarily difficult for people to actually return to this game.
I want to main my Lynn, but again, old gear and no gold. It is not possible (or practical) for me to attempt to farm S3 content for a gear set that I should have received for free like everyone else. I don't have the returning player package because it expired from me randomly logging in a few weeks ago (why does this thing expire so quickly???), and It was mailed/insta-bound to the literal first character I chose to login with because....logic. I couldn't even use it if I wanted to. God forbid if you want to open it on another character.

The only thing I could think of Is to send in a support ticket and request a fresh one be mailed to me, anything to help get my back on my feet. I figure this wouldn't be a big deal, since it is starter gear that every player gets at level 90 (which I didn't get because again, this is an old lv90 character, which didn't receive the insta-binding returning player package that swiftly expires). And of course, they can't help me.

So basically, as an eagerly returning player, I'm screwed. At this point, the only realistic options I can think of (none of which are practical), is to:
A: Reroll my Lynn, lose my name, and abandon all of the AP/Cash items/titles I have, just to the get the starting lv90 gear like everyone else (yeah.....no???)
B: Mega leech and get hard-carried through S3 for possibly weeks/months, JUST to get and enchant gear that you are supposed to get for free at lv90. (That sounds so engaging, right? Pretty sure I don't have to explain why this would be an incredibly unpleasant and time wasting experience)
C: Quit the game for 30+ days, so I can be mailed another returning player package.

This is worst case scenario, and to top it all off there seems to be no other catch up mechanics or pointers for new/returning players that I'm aware of, This game leaves me completely alone in the dust. This is extremely frustrating. I have never been barred so hard from returning to a game before. I have no clue why they make it this hard to play catch up.

I need help, seriously, WTH do I do, where do I even start ??? All of my stuff is outdated, un-enchantable, and untradable. I don't know if returning it is actually almost impossible, or if I am just an idiot. I'm extremely demotivated from all this, I just want relevant starter gear for my Lynn and its seems virtually impossible.

Comments

• JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    edited February 25, 2019
    I think those returning package expire in 30 days and you get it for every character that's lvl 90+. Your only option seems to be the S3 raids for steels/oj essence and Royal Army Raid if you don't want to stay logged off for 30 days. This should help you get dulla gear which seems more reasonable for you than Astera.
  • WhiteYukiiWhiteYukii
    Vindictus Rep: 1,380
    Jinyie wrote: »
    I think those returning package expire in 30 days and you get it for every character that's lvl 90+. Your only option seems to be the S3 raids for steels/oj essence and Royal Army Raid if you don't want to stay logged off for 30 days. This should help you get dulla gear which seems more reasonable for you than Astera.

I think they last even shorter than that more like 1 week I'm pretty sure the thing expired less than a month unless I'm tripping, and it was bound to the wrong character (just....why nexon). That shouldn't be the only way you can update your gear its ridiculous. How unfortunate, I don't know what I will do now tbh. Probably quitting the game for a month is unironically the fastest way to gear my character lmao. I have to see how long it takes to try to gear from scratch I guess.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    The packages should still be available on your other chars minus the one you actually logged in to. Any below 90 will also get the 90 +12 upon hitting level 90, so all chars minus your Lynn should be fine. Farm them, sell your drops, and gear her once you have the gold. That's the best way to go. You can do all the level 95 and below raids with that gear and earn money at a reasonable pace. The level 95 daily areas also drop weapon/armor chunks which are selling for a lot right now. You can also farm Onslaught and sell steel. Plenty of ways to make money in a reasonable amount of time, though it does suck you don't get the free gear.

Last option is to take 30 full days off again and claim all the free gear on her after that as you will get a new merc package.
  • ArieneAriene
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    You mentioned an expired mailed package. That is not the free level 90 gear that people get now, it's the older type from awhile back. What you are looking for is in the "event tab" on the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on "character growth." The level 90 package contains all the gear you need to do the first 6-7 season raids.
  • ArieneAriene
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    You mentioned an expired mailed package. That is not the free level 90 gear that people get now, it's the older type from awhile back. What you are looking for is in the "event tab" on the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on "character growth." The level 90 package contains all the gear you need to do the first 6-7 season raids.