[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Counterforce

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
edited May 26, 2021 in Battle Quests and Guides
What is Counterforce?

Counterforce is a new stat introduced in Season 3 Chapter 3 Episode 2 (Astera - lv100 - Claire). Your Counterforce stat (in conjunction with a boss's "Counterforce Resistance" stat) has a direct impact on your damage output. The mechanic applies to current raids (starting at), Special Dungeons, and future raids.

4eCpqiN.png

Is having Counterforce essential?

Yes -- if you intend to play the new content. First if you participate using Quick Battle (QB) you will not be able to join if you do not meet the minimum Counterforce stat requirements. Even if you join a boat from the board without meeting minimum Counterforce requirements you will do far less damage regardless of your gear/stats. The newly introduced solo mode still has the same Counterforce requirements.

Where can I see the Counterforce details of a boss?

Uk7U2e8.png
qbuLyPI.png

How does my Counterforce stat affect my damage output in these raids?

If you entered a raid with 0 Counterforce (for example created/joined a boat at the board) you would deal 30% of your normal damage output.

From that point it scales upwards -- If your Counterforce value is 100 higher than the boss's Counterforce Resistance you will deal 100% of the damage. Use the "Counterforce Cap" column in the chart below to understand how much Counterforce you need to do 100% of your normal damage. A Counterforce higher than the bosses Counterforce cap does not matter.

What are the Counterforce requirements?

1PL2Upa.png

How do I increase my Counterforce stat?

* Complete the story "Traveler's Astera Raid Support" to obtain free Counterforce gear (+15 Lv85 Earring, +15 Lv85 Belt, +15 Lv90 Ring Set) given in the "Counter Accessory Support Package (Earring and Belt)" and "Counter Accessory Support Package (Frozen Ring Set)". "Traveler's Astera Raid Support" story is available after obtaining "The Enlightened" title - Complete Season 3; Chapter 2, Episode 4: Dogma. Defeat AES Sidhe.
    * Enhancing the following accessories: belts, earrings, and rings. They must be level 85 or higher to be eligible for enhancement. From your inventory click on the enhancement button. Then switch to the "Acc Ench." tab to get started.
    * Using a Kitty Potion from the Warm Welcome Box grants +30 Counterforce for 1 run.
    * Events may provide temporary scrolls that buff Counterforce.

Help! Where do I start with enhancement? How can I afford this?

Read on in the next post where I discuss tips for Counterforce enhancement and gearing suggestions.

===
Credits to Shippuu, All Might, and Ellie
Genjichan

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited May 26, 2021
    Where do I start with enhancement? How can I afford this?

• Save up those Warm Welcome Boxes to have enough Kitty Potions for the later raids
    • Complete the story "Traveler's Astera Raid Support" to get the free gear. You now have 100 Counterforce (130 Counterforce with kitty potion).
    • Enhancing the 4 free accessories from +15 > +18 does not fail. You now have 124 Counterforce (154 Counterforce with kitty potion).
    • Don't bother enhancing the free accessories beyond +18. Rather, put that money into the replacements. Always replace one of the lowest level accessories you have (e.g. the lv85 belt or earring).
    • Enhancing an accessory from +0 can be just as (if not more) expensive than the accessory itself. Choose the highest level accessory you can afford to avoid having to regularly enhance accessories.
    • Look for events with a "Max +20 Accessory Enhancement Swap Coupon Box". This grants a trade ticket to upgrade one accessory to +12 or higher. Ideal for saving accessory enhancement costs on high level accessories.
    • Don't feel compelled to enhance accessories to +20 as most Counterforce requirements can be met with lower enhancements. For level 100+ accessories somewhere between +12 > +15 should be sufficient. Attempting higher accessory enhancement levels has lower success rates and higher fail stacks (the number of times you can fail before automatically going to the next level).
    • Consider buying others premade enchanted +20 accessories (especially after new accessories are released) for a good value.

Accessory Enhancement Basics
    • Prior to enhancing accessories make sure your guild has the guild skill: Enhancement Discount 10%!
    • Higher level accessories grant more Counterforce (+20 Lv 85 = 30 \ Lv90 = 40 \ Lv 100+ = 50).
    • Up to +10 -- Lv85 items have half the Counterforce of equivalent Lv90/100+ items.
    • Up to +10 -- Lv90 and Lv100+ items have the same Counterforce.
    • The cost of enhancing gets exponentially more expensive. Enhancing costs from +1 > +8 is about the same as +9 > +13. Enhancing from +13 > +20 costs twice as much as enhancing from +1 > +13.
    • Items bind beginning at +9 enhancement (Bind Level 5) up to +20 enhancement (Bind Level 10).

Counterforce Enhancement Rates
    See "Accessory" column in the top chart "Item Enhancement Probabilities":
    https://vindictus.nexon.net/news/66041/game-system-probability-guide

Counterforce Stat Boosts by Level
    • Four Lv85 +20 accessories = 120 Counterforce.
    • Four Lv90 +20 accessories = 160 Counterforce.
    • Four Lv100 +20 accessories = 200 Counterforce.

mnXvcn7.png
    Genjichan
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Nice guide Lolo.
    About the costs. One LVL95-100 items cost around 75m gold to create. 4 = 300m gold
    Untill +15 it depends on luck. I think you will burn around 150m gold with the costs of attempts and materials on 4 items.

Minimum requirement in my oppionn 2 +15 LVL 90 and 2 +15 LVL 95 gear. that gives you 100 CF.
    Be future proff its required to have +20s of these or have 2 +15 lvl 100 and 2 +15 lvl 95. Currently the best available stuff.

If you do not already have the necessary equipment 450-600m gold is required to enter Astera anytime. And then comes the price of potential infusion and scrolls.

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    4/2 update to reflect new "Primary Accessory Package" gear and added total cost by accessory and counterforce gear suggestion charts.
    Genjichan
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    2020 Counterforce update: The V2.63 and v2.64 patches made dramatic changes to the Counterforce system. The guide has been overhauled to reflect those changes.
    Genjichan
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    updated the counterforce requirements chart to reflect the current power and tech values
    Genjichan