[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Greeeaaat.....

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited February 8, 2019
    Yagamin wrote: »
    If anything, I would have suggested to nerf things where you can get KOed randomly and is not your fault. Like in Lugh if some newbie doesn't use the shield after getting it. These should just put you down to 1 HP like in Zecallion.

Then there would be no point because the death penalty for failing a mechanic would be gone. Why waste time shielding in lugh when you know the person will not only survive, but immediately pot afterwards essentially negating the threat.

I mean there would still be incentive if you wanted titles, or wanted to save someone a few potions, but that'd be it.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Then there would be no point because the death penalty for failing a mechanic would be gone. Why waste time shielding in lugh when you know the person will not only survive, but immediately pot afterwards essentially negating the threat.

The same can be said for dying, if you just grace afterwards. It's just annoying to die because someone else failed.

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Satsue wrote: »
    There's still people like me, who just like to collect things, which is the only reason I ever farmed titles in the first place. It's not for the fact that I can show off, because well, really, I've got nothing to really show off nor want attention most of the time. I only really care about my title color, and not even in the manner of "Hey look, my color shows I have more than you!" it's more of "I like blue, I wish I could make it blue all the time".

Really what it comes down to, is that people who would want these titles don't always want them for the same reasons. Some people just want stats, some just want a saying over their head, some want a color to say "I'm better than you" or some, like me, just like to collect things and would like the opportunity to do so.

Things like this aren't always as black and white as comments on this thread are making it seem like they are.

I'm the same way, I enjoy collecting titles simply because it's more content from the game that I actually enjoy doing. I'd rather farm titles than farm nifi everyday for exquisite gems, just more fun to me because it's not something you always get to do. I wish I could make the title color the 700 title blue at all times as well :(
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited February 10, 2019
    Hero mode is still a thing.

I just wish it was a thing for every battle instead of just a select few. There's some pretty fun bosses to fight over in S1 and 2 and it's a shame they fall over too fast for my miri to enjoy.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Sef wrote: »
    Hero mode is still a thing.

I just wish it was a thing for every battle instead of just a select few. There's some pretty fun bosses to fight over in S1 and 2 and it's a shame they fall over too fast for my miri to enjoy.

Since the maximum attack speed has gone this high, hero mode isn't fun or challenging anymore.

It was however in S1, when you had to chain hero bosses like Kakrish and Larken to deal proper damage, because they were so much faster than your character. They were daily solo material on hard mode, so it strongly indicates how much impact ats has in this game.

The problem with just the basic boss attacks is that first they are easily predictable once you learned them. There are what we call in game development "attack indicators" that help you in this, that are basically delayed animations. You see the enemy is doing something, and you know what he will do based on that movement, so you can predict its attack movements based on the preparative movements. If they didn't exist, the game would be unplayable.

So in my opinion the challenge is not in learning the boss's attack patterns and beating it to a pulp every time after. It's in situations where you have to apply a different strategy in the fraction of a second, because there is something that you didn't expect to happen, and in situations where you have to be precise, like aiming at the leg while it moves, and using different tools to achieve something.