[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Reality Distortion vs. Reality Distortion (P)

NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
Vindictus Rep: 765
edited February 7, 2019 in General Discussion
What is everyone's opinion on these skills? Which do you prefer? Which do you think is better?

With the Party version, you can force your party to dance, big plus. You also might be able to save someone who needs saving. Conversely, if there are party members who do not need saving you could interrupt their gameplay flow, maybe even causing death.

The non-party version is the exact opposite, you can save yourself but you can't save others. This also means you won't interrupt others and possibly cause unintentional deaths. Of course, you can't force your party to dance though, big downside.

Side-Question: Has anyone tried using Masaka Smash against Arcana during the Kicking part?
  1. If i had to choose one armor ability it would be...16 votes
    1. Reality Distortion
       31% (5 votes)
    2. Reality Distortion (P)
       31% (5 votes)
    3. Other
       38% (6 votes)

Comments

• BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Masaka smash on Arcana works like a charm :D
    NippyKindLangur
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Does the Berserker skill do anything useful?
    Like you die 5 secs before unless you get hit, and restoring HP or trans does not save you life.

I only seen Distortion useful, in Macha raid where you do beat her to 8 bars without destroying the seals and dancing at the AOE attack kinda helps.
    NippyKindLangur
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Berserk is awful, HP is not displayed as 0 (meaning you don't know if you died or not) and even if you heal you insta die after 5 seconds, I would say its a negative skill.
    I picked the one that creates a 3500 damage shield because I often tank with super armor, other characters may find a different effect more useful.
    NippyKindLangur
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited February 8, 2019
    Too bad the immunity stops when you cancel the animation, would have been nice if it was similar to trans immunity where you still get the immunity after cancelling.

In Glas, you can use it to save yourself if you can't get to a portal during reverse gravity, but (P) one can kill them if they don't stop moving (it's bad that moving cancels the immunity) and activating it can slow them down enough to kill them.

In Claire, use it if you can't get inside the circle, (P) is same as Glas.

In Lugh, use it after failing to grab exactly 3 orbs, but (P) will cancel setup like xgun's Bolt Storm stance.
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    I only seen Distortion useful, in Macha raid where you do beat her to 8 bars without destroying the seals and dancing at the AOE attack kinda helps.

In Macha, if that happens, just run to the edge of the map and you won't get hit by it, don't need to use it there. Instead, you can use it if you fail throwing the swords back. But you really don't want to fail breaking the 4 circles, since you do -25% less damage and she also hits you much harder.

For titles, you can get Claire's Faster than a Flying arrow easily if you use it along with trans twice, and for Macha's Dance of Death just wait on the right side until the ring closes in then dodge towards the middle and use it.

Along with the extra second to work with, overall I would say normal is better than (P). Mainly because even if it would save others, they will often accidentally cancel it anyway. Moving cancels it, even pressing just alt cancels it.
    NippyKindLangur
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 9, 2019
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Does the Berserker skill do anything useful?
    Like you die 5 secs before unless you get hit, and restoring HP or trans does not save you life.
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    Berserk is awful, HP is not displayed as 0 (meaning you don't know if you died or not) and even if you heal you insta die after 5 seconds, I would say its a negative skill.
    I picked the one that creates a 3500 damage shield because I often tank with super armor, other characters may find a different effect more useful.

As Nokaubure said, Berserker is not a very good ability. The worst part is that it doesn't stack with Life Flare. You will die no matter what from its effect, even if Life Flare saves you at 1 HP. Unless you react quickly, I doubt it even gives you enough time to Party Feather to prevent a raid wipe scenario.

Other than the obvious PvP usage (although no one does PvP on missions anymore), you could probably use Berserker when cheesing mechanics like Dullahan.
    NippyKindLangur
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    For 'surviveability' my favorite is the one that gives you HP when you life flare. I never considered reality distortion as viable for in-game. I just figured people got it to make their party dance while on the boat xD.
    NippyKindLangur
  • BariumBarium
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Distortion for youself. The party one might interrupt your party members