[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Share your enhance and reforge experience

Comments

  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited January 14, 2019
    Personally, I think the discussion about the cost of Reforge system is totally useless. At least, there are people here show you this is a long road to walk for achieving +15. It's funny when we didn't have the Reforge system, you cried because of rng. When we have the system that can work, you cry about the cost of this system. You say buying a +13 rather than making it by yourself because of ... calculation. But I must say it's so silly, because if people here do this, who else makes +13s let you to buy these. Of course it doesn't work like this.

    Second, as there are more ways to earn steels: Seals shop, Raiding, Onslaught, or even farm gold to buy from MP. Many choices that you can choose. It's your fault that you don't like or don't do the contents that can give you steel, not the system. What I (and others) want to say here, it takes time to do. Not about the cost etc you say above. Simply we know, it will cost us much if the luck is not on us. But we know at the end we can get +15 regardless of RNG.

    Again, crying for special patches for our servers is just silly. Remember the green rune event that KR had with 100 weapon, but we didn't. We didn't have them in past, of course We won't have them now. Making these posts won't help anything, they just makes to argue. As we don't have enough things to argue.
    EnigmaTaro
  • PifiPifi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Thank you all for all the info. Gearing up in this game has become far more complex than it was before I took a 2 year break, and I'm still trying to figure it out.

    Speaking of: does anyone know of a well written tutorial for enhancing with the reforge system? I was still struggling with getting to +12 with the old system, so basically a newblet still. Any help would be appreciated. ^-^
  • PifiPifi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited January 15, 2019
    ISeeFire wrote: »
    Personally, I think the discussion about the cost of Reforge system is totally useless. At least, there are people here show you this is a long road to walk for achieving +15. It's funny when we didn't have the Reforge system, you cried because of rng. When we have the system that can work, you cry about the cost of this system. You say buying a +13 rather than making it by yourself because of ... calculation. But I must say it's so silly, because if people here do this, who else makes +13s let you to buy these. Of course it doesn't work like this.

    Second, as there are more ways to earn steels: Seals shop, Raiding, Onslaught, or even farm gold to buy from MP. Many choices that you can choose. It's your fault that you don't like or don't do the contents that can give you steel, not the system. What I (and others) want to say here, it takes time to do. Not about the cost etc you say above. Simply we know, it will cost us much if the luck is not on us. But we know at the end we can get +15 regardless of RNG.

    Again, crying for special patches for our servers is just silly. Remember the green rune event that KR had with 100 weapon, but we didn't. We didn't have them in past, of course We won't have them now. Making these posts won't help anything, they just makes to argue. As we don't have enough things to argue.

    But no one was arguing or crying here. It's not often you find such an even toned conversation on the internet tbh.
    Or are you just unaware that debate and argue are not even close to the same thing, as well as crying and complaining are totally different. Under your assessment of "crying", you are now crying about someone else crying.
    VladinoJinyiePrototypemindAvan
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 625
    Member
    Pifi wrote: »
    ISeeFire wrote: »
    Personally, I think the discussion about the cost of Reforge system is totally useless. At least, there are people here show you this is a long road to walk for achieving +15. It's funny when we didn't have the Reforge system, you cried because of rng. When we have the system that can work, you cry about the cost of this system. You say buying a +13 rather than making it by yourself because of ... calculation. But I must say it's so silly, because if people here do this, who else makes +13s let you to buy these. Of course it doesn't work like this.

    Second, as there are more ways to earn steels: Seals shop, Raiding, Onslaught, or even farm gold to buy from MP. Many choices that you can choose. It's your fault that you don't like or don't do the contents that can give you steel, not the system. What I (and others) want to say here, it takes time to do. Not about the cost etc you say above. Simply we know, it will cost us much if the luck is not on us. But we know at the end we can get +15 regardless of RNG.

    Again, crying for special patches for our servers is just silly. Remember the green rune event that KR had with 100 weapon, but we didn't. We didn't have them in past, of course We won't have them now. Making these posts won't help anything, they just makes to argue. As we don't have enough things to argue.

    But no one was arguing or crying here. It's not often you find such an even toned conversation on the internet tbh.
    Or are you just unaware that debate and argue are not even close to the same thing, as well as crying and complaining are totally different. Under your assessment of "crying", you are now crying about someone else crying.

    It seems like people on the internet often have poor vocabulary, so they describe everything with meme phrases or emojis.
    Pifi
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 4,885
    Posts: 648
    Member
    ikevi wrote: »
    I am guessing that we only have 1 group capable of botting the raids. And they have agreed upon the prices of all the raid drops. That is why things haven't dropped like they did back in the 2 mil mael es days.

    I don't think it's 1 group of bots. It's just price fixing. The bot owners don't need to undercut each other dramatically because they know it will sell.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,555
    Posts: 748
    Member
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I don't think it's 1 group of bots. It's just price fixing. The bot owners don't need to undercut each other dramatically because they know it will sell.

    You think ~55 pages of up to 100 stacks of steel sell? I personally doubt it.

    Just watching the godly/heavenly mat prices and you can see the average bots always undercutting each other all the time.

    On the raid drops (scrolls, orange ess, steel they almost all are posted at the same random #.) So yes it might be more than 1 group, but it definitely is price fixing. And whatever they set the price to everyone else just is forced to undercut if they want their mats to sell.

  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 4,885
    Posts: 648
    Member
    Now a little story about my Astera enhance and reforge experience so far:
    -- Via backstocked event runes I got to +12
    -- Wanted to try +13 so I used a green rune. Failed >> +11.
    -- Tried +11 > +12 using the ghob+ stone. Failed. Reforged.

    Since additional damage is such an important stat I feel like I am attacking with a +11 wiffle bat. I greatly regret trying to green rune my +12. But since I had already invested enchanted + quality'd the weapon I cannot back out now.

    I think a good starting point would be to buy a +12 weapon or save runes until you can take a shot at +12. Reforging at +10 and +11 is depressing and feels like a massive waste of gold. Don't make the mistake I made.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Posts: 87
    Member
    What i noticed about this refoge system so far is that you either get lucky and make that +15 with 1-2 reforges max, or you end up reforging several times for each enhancement lvl untill you get very disappointed and lose any interest.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,680
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Cedric wrote: »
    What i noticed about this refoge system so far is that you either get lucky and make that +15 with 1-2 reforges max, or you end up reforging several times for each enhancement lvl untill you get very disappointed and lose any interest.

    With the way our enhancement rates are set up that's inevitable. At least with reforge the infinite unluckiness eventually will be forced through.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,420
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    Cedric wrote: »
    What i noticed about this refoge system so far is that you either get lucky and make that +15 with 1-2 reforges max, or you end up reforging several times for each enhancement lvl untill you get very disappointed and lose any interest.

    The burnout is definitely going to get to a lot of people even with the guarantee as much as it takes for each try. Definitely could have been the change the game needed but it's just going to be one more bit of frustration and grind for most.

    Anyway, if nothing else at least the path to +15 is transparent as can be so that players can keep that worst case scenario in mind from the start.
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited January 15, 2019
    Is it necessary to do this? To pick some words from my comment and abc xyz about this while gone away from the topic. People here come to share experience not want to know the cost of reforge system and what you should do with your enhance. You guys just make it complex and unnecessary. And I don't need to quote or feed the trolls.

    My experience: failed many times from +10>+11, +11>+12 ended up 0 unbind with green runes, reforged 1 time at + 13, failed 5 times at +14 and still trying. Did i cry? Nope, simply I know it's hard if luck is not on my side so I saved up gold and steels for this. But is it sad? Yep, no one wants to fail many times. However, I know I can do it through my daily farming. Slowly because it's +14 now but in the end I can do this. So if I can do it, you can do it too. Don't spread fud.
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    Posts: 87
    Member
    Never reforged before - hope these don't seem like silly questions but
    1. If you have a 5 star weapon, do you keep the stars after a reforge?
    2. What about the scrolls you already have on it?
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,550
    Posts: 266
    Member
    chicane wrote: »
    Never reforged before - hope these don't seem like silly questions but
    1. If you have a 5 star weapon, do you keep the stars after a reforge?
    2. What about the scrolls you already have on it?

    Yes you keep everything.
    chicane