[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Cleared Hell Neamhain (Video Included)

Comments

• JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    @187 You know regardless of the point you're trying to make, that's kind of rude putting somebody else on blast in the forums even if they did post that image themselves (I'm assuming you took this from discord yourself). Who are you to judge how people spend their own money?
    187 wrote: »
    Here's a perfect example of a player trying to flex on their NX balance on a server. With that amount of $ wasted on a dead game, I could have built a i9 9900k with a GTX 2080 Ti. I don't know if its their photo but it could've been someone else.

Think about this statement one more time. Nobody cares how you could have spent THEIR money. You're not the one earning it in the first place. Nobody even plays Vindictus anymore? Then this shouldn't be an issue, but seeing you on the forums is telling me otherwise and if that's the case these players spending money are keeping the game up for you to play. I don't even mind the complaining about the pay wall separating the stat gap because it's true, but this is pretty damn scummy of you to target somebody who isn't even in this discussion to defend themselves.
    ShizukaaSaphree
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Gratz on all your guys hard work and practice
    Saphree
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    187 wrote: »
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    y so negative lmfao
    its about the challenge, not the rewards.

you want challenge?
    try to get 3k limit release + 6k ad without spending $0.01 dollars. :)
    mad respect to anyone who does but truth is maybe 1% oof pop

within the few months that ive been playing this game already got 1.5k add and 5k+ add. Had enough gold to hit 3k add and probably close to the 6k add if I spent it all on steels. Stayed f2p.

Not much of a challenge imo. Just a factor of luck and consistency.
    Saphree
  • LollllllllllollllLollllllllllollll
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    noctred wrote: »
    Of the three parties that have cleared hell Neam on NA so far (17 unique characters) - only one character had 3k+ applicable ALR and five characters had 6k+ AD, with one of them being undercapped by about 1.5k attack so their effective AD was closer to 4800 or so, so really four characters with 6k+ AD.

The average effective AD for the first clear party was around 5075, around 5550 for the second party, and around 5170 for the third party. The average effective ALR for all three parties was roughly 1000, 1150, and 1600, respectively. Multiple players were undercapped, multiple others were below 5k AD, multiple others had no ALR beyond the free 600 granted by normal Neam and Balor completion, and finally - a portion of the players who have cleared are not, to my knowledge, spenders (or at least not remotely heavy spenders).

The stat requirements are being a bit exaggerated.

--

As for these little slices of wisdom -

Hell Redeemers is a waste of time and effort.
    Someone finally realized it. In this game you get only status symbols for completing a world boss (titles, cosmetic items, a half-useless skill, some stats) instead of actual weapons, armors, enchant scrolls, enhancement stones, elixirs, runes, etc. that are the standard for an MMORPG. It would be much more worth to do them if they gave proper rewards.
    Spending months or even real money for gearing up to get little rewards. Or maybe the big reward is the challenge? No, because the challenge should grant the reward and not vice versa. It's like working hard in the real world for years and getting a few pennies for it or no actual progress.

You do content for your reasons and we'll do it for ours.

I can't speak for anybody else but for me, personally, the challenge and satisfaction of completing something that pushes my limits as a player *is* the reward. I can only guess that you are a player who has never pushed for any kind of personal achievement beyond what was offered by the standard on-rails treadmill in a given game - that's fine. There are hordes of MMO players like you. However, we're not all like you - some of us like to play games to better ourselves, overcome the full extent of a game's challenges, and create memories of our accomplishments... even if the road to get there is lacking in material reward.

Trying to actively marginalize the triumphs of others because you are either unwilling or unable to follow in their footsteps (or otherwise implying that we're wasting our time for no reward) is just asinine and sad.

Also - that analogy sucks. If you work hard in the real world on a personal project and complete it (and, by the way, personal projects don't usually come with monetary reward), how can you say that you've made no progress? You've reached your goal. Done. You've made full progress. If you feel that the time spent wasn't worth the closing satisfaction, that's your deal and I'll respect that - but you should similarly respect that some of us care about things other than material payout.

lmao... people still care about personal satisfaction in games smh. Please put that you cleared hell redeemer on your resume. See how that goes for you on your next job application. You make it sound like that vindictus isnt fun and you have to force yourself to gain satisfaction by completing Nexon's silly raids. Well let me tell you a little secret. Games are suppose to be designed to satisfy players. If your forcing yourself to achieve self satisfaction in a game, then maybe the game isn't working as intended for you.

Congratz though, you have just made vindictus into a chore, rather than a game. Much respect.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited January 8, 2019
    @To whoever wants to know more

Let me explain going into the details a little bit more that why RNG gear rewards are the standard in RPG's.

Long long time ago there were some kids playing in the playground. Then they grew up and they did some research on why games are important even for adults.

Okay, taking it seriously and simple, games are designed to minimize the boredom factor by maintaining the challenge. If for example someone finds satisfaction in completing a raid, that's fine, all people find satisfaction in completing something new. But the problem that RPG developers were facing long long time ago is how they can retain their players while making the game repetitive. Because one time it's a challenge, multiple times it's a routine they say, and people are gonna get bored, because it's in every living thing's nature that they get bored if they feel something is already their routine, like if the body instinctively knew they need new challenges. That's how evolution works. So one smart developer said - let's give valuable rewards but make them randomly distributed. And there were valuable rewards.

If you wanna know more about this, i suggest you do some research on the process of learning, and how games contribute to its improvement. Because they do. But what you probably don't know is how you need to maintain the challenge and the feeling of satisfaction with it. The only way is if you put yourself in unexpected situations, for example if you play a game that you haven't played before. If your goal with games is something beneficial for you, then repeating the same thing over and over again won't get you anywhere and it will even decrease your mental capabilities (memory, decision-making, reaction time and so on) if you only do that and nothing else. But i hope you read books, exercise, gain new knowledge every day, so you keep your mind fresh and ready for new challenges.

If you are a person who just finds fun in doing the same thing for some reason, like for social fun or whatever, then just ignore what i said.
  • PrettyyPrettyy
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    So just after reading this thread I realized why Nexon NA don’t communicate on forums properly...
    Saphree
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited January 8, 2019
    I suddenly remembered why I stopped posting on these forums. Enjoy the circus.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    Saphree
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Need more likes on youtube
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Why are people such ****? Can't you just congratulate them for beating Hell Neam?

My god.
    ShizukaaSaphree
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    Why are people such ****? Can't you just congratulate them for beating Hell Neam?

My god.

Yeah guys, we should be thanking them for keeping vindictus alive. Spend more money so we average players can play vindictus more please <3
    Saphree
  • AnnazAnnaz
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    Great job to all the people that cleared it. Congratulations!
    Saphree
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    edited January 8, 2019
    This thread
    CtEjD.png
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Oh geez, what happened here? :O
    Last time I was here it was just me and a couple others saying congratulations...
    Saphree
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    noctred wrote: »
    I suddenly remembered why I stopped posting on these forums. Enjoy the circus.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Because you are retarded. You can't even understand simple sentences, and you try to guess things about others, because they don't like what you like. I thought you are grown up enough to realize people have different opinions, and not all negative comments are about whining and how dead the game is.
  • VladinoVladino
    They could have just make Hell mode gear irrelevant like einrah ...

There was a purple gear neamhain clear last year and I think it was even more difficult to do than hell mode since when I look at the dmg you take with those stats (I've seen about 500, 1000, 1500) while with purple gear you can get oneshotted easily (3-6k normal hits 6-12kk crits) and with crit res from purple gear you get crits about the half of the time...
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Vladino wrote: »

There was a purple gear neamhain clear last year and I think it was even more difficult to do than hell mode since when I look at the dmg you take with those stats (I've seen about 500, 1000, 1500) while with purple gear you can get oneshotted easily (3-6k normal hits 6-12kk crits) and with crit res from purple gear you get crits about the half of the time...

dude.... it's neamhain LOL chill out, is like doing Dullahan with full Champion set +haha doesn't make the raid any harder, u have to be quite special to get hit while actually trying.
  • VladinoVladino

dude.... it's neamhain LOL chill out, is like doing Dullahan with full Champion set +haha doesn't make the raid any harder, u have to be quite special to get hit while actually trying.

Come on hell neam got only 1 different attack pattern to 4th bar and 2 new ohkos (4th - 1st bar) from normal one (+sooner GOB which isn't problem at all) .
    Imo 99% of ppl that regularly runs neam would be able to clear hell mode if not for that stat wall.

What is more difficult 1 hour of neam with crappy gear (low armor and low attack speed) or with op speed and armor?

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited January 9, 2019

FYI many of the people who did hell neam did the purple gear run you mentioned too.
    These runs just capitalize gears as additional requirement, but knowledge to boss and minimizing chasefest or turtling remains the same.

People with negative sentiments should just move on to do something they considered more worthwhile instead of lurking around.
    LoLoBootyBOK_CHOInoctredPiametteShizukaaSaphreeVenerator
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295

Come on hell neam got only 1 different attack pattern to 4th bar and 2 new ohkos (4th - 1st bar) from normal one (+sooner GOB which isn't problem at all) .
    Imo 99% of ppl that regularly runs neam would be able to clear hell mode if not for that stat wall.

What is more difficult 1 hour of neam with crappy gear (low armor and low attack speed) or with op speed and armor?

what? I'm the one saying Neamhain is ez af +haha I learned that raid at like my 4th run, she's so predictable. making it so you need OP AF stats to complete the exact same raid doesn't make it hard at all... idk I'm lost at this point
  • noctrednoctred
    edited January 9, 2019

A large amount of Neam regulars have trouble surviving for 20 minutes in normal mode with extremely lenient damage requirements, and have no apparent grasp of how to prevent Neam from turning into chase city - let alone surviving for a full hour with heavily increased incoming damage, and with the added pressure of putting out efficient and consistent damage to overcome the massive HP wall.

That's not trash talk - that's just empirical observation from running Neam weekly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯