[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do I do with old material for armor 80&below?

MetaMeta
Vindictus Rep: 855
in New Recruits
I have a lot of old material for equipment 80 and below. Not sure if I want to sell it or not but it seems useless since equipment drops now

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Dismantel it for element stone mats. Or use it to farm low levels.
    Vleet
  • MetaMeta
    I'm talking about the materials themselves like Elchulus Claw.

Also I tried to learn dismantling but Klunk say I don't have the skill for it
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    I think Ikevi meant to say Incinerate it at the campfire. Thats what most people did post-Rise update with old crafting mats.

To learn dismantling you need to get a proficiency up to 100.

However, before you incinerate I would take an inventory of what old items you have. There are collectors out there they may want certain items. For example some people like weirdly named items like the 'weathercock' for use in megas. You never know but worth posting your inven for people to take a look before you incinerate it.
    Meta
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    However, before you incinerate I would take an inventory of what old items you have. There are collectors out there they may want certain items. For example some people like weirdly named items like the 'weathercock' for use in megas. You never know but worth posting your inven for people to take a look before you incinerate it.

I should've done that. The stupid game used up my ancient server megaphone instead of the Golden time ones that will expire. It was from the old level up bags, and it had an old description. I think there might be a screenshot that I took that's still floating around the internet though.
  • MetaMeta
    I'm talking about the materials themselves like Elchulus Claw.

Also I tried to learn dismantling but Klunk say I don't have the skill for it
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I think Ikevi meant to say Incinerate it at the campfire. Thats what most people did post-Rise update with old crafting mats.

To learn dismantling you need to get a proficiency up to 100.

Ahh ok thanks, saved me from just vendoring everything lol
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    To learn dismantling is a process:

1. First you must learn a craft (Armorsmith, Tailor, Weaponsmith, Goldsmith) by talking to the appropriate NPC.
    2. Once you learned a craft then you must craft enough items to get up to 100 proficiency.
    3. Now at 100 proficiency you must take a test to be able to craft the next level. To do this you need to buy an item from your NPC who taught you the craft. The item is called something like Beginner proficiency test.
    4. After buying the item right-click on it to open it. It will add a story to your list.
    5. The story test is basically that you have to complete a run (I think its to clear white tyrants challenge).
    6. Now talk to your NPC to complete the story. You will achieve the next level of crafting.
    7. Finally, talk to your NPC about dismantling. You are now eligible to learn it.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited January 11, 2019
    Don't incinerate. You lose gold every time you do it and even if you do get an explosion bonus (which are aren't), you'll still end up losing in the long run. Better to sell to NPC.

The only way to profit is to incinerate one item at a time and that item needs to have a 0g NPC cost (e.g [Blessed Magic Powder]), which is a waste of time compared to profiting off raids.
  • OldhatOldhat
    Meta wrote: »
    I have a lot of old material for equipment 80 and below. Not sure if I want to sell it or not but it seems useless since equipment drops now
    All those mats are worthless now for crafting. Just sell them or incenrate.