[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dullahan glitch or intended?

ablackwomanablackwoman
Vindictus Rep: 1,200
edited January 5, 2019 in General Discussion
I didn't take a video, but for the first time today I've seen something where Dullahan at 3x life bars repeatedly does the jump -> red shockwave move. He never went into the phase where you have to avoid the ghosts.

I couldn't get back to Dullahan and got trapped between him enclosing the arena with ice and then using red shockwave. Is that a bug or something intentional? I can take a video if need be.

Looks like this except he kept doing it endlessly:

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Its a trick that has always been there, as long as someone keeps hitting dullahan he will never stop doing that attack, useful to skip last phase if the party is capable of facetank red hits nonstop (trans/ironhide stimulant to avoid losing potions)
    ablackwoman
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    edited January 5, 2019
    this is one of the reason why i don't do Dullahan, Eochaid and sepecials with people...
    and dev cats are encouraging this by nerfing Dullahan and Abomination shields
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    Its a trick that has always been there, as long as someone keeps hitting dullahan he will never stop doing that attack, useful to skip last phase if the party is capable of facetank red hits nonstop (trans/ironhide stimulant to avoid losing potions)
    rondomiza wrote: »
    this is one of the reason why i don't do Dullahan, Eochaid and sepecials with people...

That's pretty wild, so it's an intentional part of gameplay? I've been doing solo runs since returning so this has been the first time I've seen it.

I can't imagine the gear you'd need to tank that though? Dullahan does massive damage to me.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Hitting isn't enough, you need to stand under him and block him.
    Same for Eoch, except with Eoch you'd want to hit without blocking him as his damage bypasses DEF, blocking him kills your party.
    Whereas for Dulla you'd want to block him to skip, weaker parties can skip the second phase, strong parties can skip both. You don't need too much DEF, the shockwave doesn't do much damage, just dodge the jump.
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Hitting isn't enough, you need to stand under him and block him.
    Same for Eoch, except with Eoch you'd want to hit without blocking him as his damage bypasses DEF, blocking him kills your party.
    Whereas for Dulla you'd want to block him to skip, weaker parties can skip the second phase, strong parties can skip both. You don't need too much DEF, the shockwave doesn't do much damage, just dodge the jump.

Really? If I get hit by the shockwave I lose more than half health. From a full bar I could come close to death by it.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 5, 2019
    Really? If I get hit by the shockwave I lose more than half health. From a full bar I could come close to death by it.

Basically if you have 20k+ def it doesn't hurt much ;-)

I tend to always do this on my lann. For my fifi it is hit or miss depending on the party. And if I have a trans to burn.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580

You must not have a lot of DEF. Either that, or you're not using Ironhide stims
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited January 6, 2019
    Its a trick to skip the ghost dance. You dont even have to hit the boss, you just need to stand under him and he will spam that attack.
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Players just found a way to deal with super annoying boss design
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720

That's pretty wild, so it's an intentional part of gameplay? I've been doing solo runs since returning so this has been the first time I've seen it.

I can't imagine the gear you'd need to tank that though? Dullahan does massive damage to me.

The trick is to have Max HP as the damage on that move does specific damage
    Use I frames of Transformation before you die and again into second trans afterwards
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Sir_Render wrote: »

The trick is to have Max HP as the damage on that move does specific damage
    Use I frames of Transformation before you die and again into second trans afterwards

yup the move does a flat 1.5k damage which most can shrug off or pot through if you don't get hit by it multiple times.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    yup the move does a flat 1.5k damage which most can shrug off or pot through if you don't get hit by it multiple times.

Gotta love when it staggers you and standing endurance drags you back with the wave causing another hit(s).