[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Complete] Monthly Windows Update: November 29th

[GM] Viewty[GM] Viewty
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
Administrator
edited November 29, 2018 in Official News
2018-11-29 10:52 A.M. PST Update:
Complete: The scheduled monthly windows update for November 29th has been completed. Thank you for your patience throughout.

Greetings Mercenaries,

There will be a monthly windows update this Thursday, November 29th, starting at 07:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable and we anticipate the update to last approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes, concluding at around 11:30 AM PST.

- Maintenance Time Frame -

Pacific: 07:00 AM - 11:30 AM PT
Eastern: 10:00 AM - 14:30 PM ET
Europe: 16:00 PM - 20:30 PM CET
Australia: 01:00 AM (Friday) - 05:30 AM AEST

* Estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Maintenance Details -

Windows Update

Thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

- The Vindictus Team -

Comments

• BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    why has it gone down a day early?
    SnorlinaDrustan
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Now it suddenly says Thursday, no apology or anything...
    SnorlinaBownerHailwic
  • AsunahAsunah
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    edited November 29, 2018
    MenacingPoisedCaimanlizard-size_restricted.gif
    Snorlina
  • HailwicHailwic
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    Maintenance Friday November 30th.

SURPRISE!: Maintenance Thursday 29th. lol

I'm laughing outside... but crying inside.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited November 29, 2018
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited November 29, 2018
    I'm curious at in what way it's so badly affected everyone where they need an apology for every little thing. To me it seems pretty you know.... whiny and needy or something like that. Besides isn't it better that it's on Thursday instead of Friday now since everyone can play more on Friday?
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    It just says a lot about how much a company cares about it's customers if they can't even inform the users about such a tiny mishap and say sorry. Some people were doing things, not expecting the servers to go down suddenly.
  • KursKurs
    edited November 29, 2018
    If you say so I guess that's true. But I get the feeling that some people have undying hate towards Nexon and will nitpick at every little thing that even remotely can be construed as negative. Like if an employee came on the forums and said "We're sorry" or "Our bad" they would nitpick that it wasn't genuine enough because it wasn't a paragraph expressing those words or because it wasn't on the main page. And even then if that happened people would demand compensation or something. It all seems a little too much to me.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Yeah, but that's the case with most game companies these days. One mistake and everybody's on the verge grabbing their torches and pitchforks. It's easy to rage and troll on the internet since you don't have to put your own face out for everyone to see.
    But I think what most people are disliking about the Vindictus team these days is the sheer lack of communication. I mean, it took almost a whole week to answer 2 simple questions about the Grimden Registration event and no GM has been seen in the bug report section since the beginning of August. To me it appears that nexon has their GMs on a pretty tight leash ever since they booted Saygo and Ehgess out of the team, which is just extremely sad to watch.
  • KursKurs
    edited November 30, 2018
    Yeah, exactly that's why a part of me finds the lack of communication possibly reasonable because how would you feel about such toxicity? I'd think it would be a bit disheartening, it's like working at a job where you get constantly yelled at by your customers just because they had a bad day or just because they think they have the right to be an ass and you feel like there's nothing you can do to change that even if you do everything they say and everything perfectly. Besides that, most likely the people yelling at you make the company little to no money, and probably if they did a cost-benifit calculation, the amount of money they make off these people constantly whining would be much less than the cost it takes to handle them. I even felt bad for Saygo and Ehgess because the toxicity was there for them too.
  • someonbreadsomeonbread
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    Kurs wrote: »
    If you say so I guess that's true. But I get the feeling that some people have undying hate towards Nexon and will nitpick at every little thing that even remotely can be construed as negative. Like if an employee came on the forums and said "We're sorry" or "Our bad" they would nitpick that it wasn't genuine enough because it wasn't a paragraph expressing those words or because it wasn't on the main page. And even then if that happened people would demand compensation or something. It all seems a little too much to me.
    There's a reason for that, its not some people everyone pretty much doesnt like nexon but still have to deal with them. i dont think an employee will ever come to the forums , the gm posting news also feels like a bot and the suppoort feels like they dont play the game so they cant help, i wish an employee would come here and tell us what is going on. it feels like playing on those private servers with an asian admin and no english staff
  • KursKurs
    edited November 30, 2018
    If it helps, I think those two employees who did the last Vindi stream seemed to look at the forums and facebook at least a little. Because they at least addressed all the negativity in the stream for a moment. So I guess it's not exactly non existent at the very least so heeeey credit where credit is due.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Kurs wrote: »
    Yeah, exactly that's why a part of me finds the lack of communication possibly reasonable because how would you feel about such toxicity? I'd think it would be a bit disheartening, it's like working at a job where you get constantly yelled at by your customers just because they had a bad day or just because they think they have the right to be an ass and you feel like there's nothing you can do to change that even if you do everything they say and everything perfectly. Besides that, most likely the people yelling at you make the company little to no money, and probably if they did a cost-benifit calculation, the amount of money they make off these people constantly whining would be much less than the cost it takes to handle them. I even felt bad for Saygo and Ehgess because the toxicity was there for them too.

Sooo, kinda like working in retail +haha
    Though that's just something a person working with customers has to deal with in general. Nothing and nobody can make everyone equally happy, but saying something is better than saying nothing at all imo. The lack of staff for communication is not just affecting the complaining people, but the ones with serious feedback, too, like the people reporting bugs and other issues. It isn't exactly pleasant for the paying customer when they basically give feedback to a wall.
  • KursKurs
    mhmmm I think people just have to go about complaining and feedback in a way that's less making Nexon employees want to face palm themselves.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    You mean constructive criticism? We tried, but they don't listen.
  • KursKurs
    edited December 3, 2018
    Constructive criticism I would think would be fine but idk about you but I do see people just being butt holes about how they go ab out their "constructive criticism". How you go about things I'm sure matters because Nexon employees are human and well... idk how do you think people work but have you ever heard the saying "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"?
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Yeah, I get what you mean and I agree with you. I'm probably not very good at constructive criticism more like just criticism lul. But other people who are genuinely trying to give decent feedback are simply being ignored. It's understandable that major updates are out of our control, but it's the little things that matter. From experience they don't seem to care about what we think, only how much money we are spending. If it's a business they're trying to run then they can at least be more professional about it.
  • christoph3rchristoph3r
    Vindictus Rep: 290
    We detected a racist act by the moderators ..
    from the official website they announced
    that can play vindictus, countries of latin america including argentina,bolivia,chile,colombia,costa rica, Cuba,dominican republic, ecuador, el salvador, guatemala, honduras, nicaragua, panama, paraguay, Peru,Uruguay y venezuela..
    which the Latin people entered the game and then blocked them.. eso es un acto racista very bad.
    and they did not give any response of what they did.

47139200_10216057345680302_5600579586673868800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fanf1-1.fna&oh=6d8e0b7ffeaf4da94106ea609f48f88a&oe=5C6B196E
  • AmazingKiwiAmazingKiwi
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Ah that feeling of being disconnected right before killing the boss. Feels good being back to vindictus.
  • LeoPogiLeoPogi
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    How long before we can log back in? it';s down atm