[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Starting a Karok...

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited October 30, 2018 in Karok
I've decided to make a Karok. I know there was a fairly recent patch that knocked him down from top DPS, but my question is did this mostly affect Pillar or Caestus? Also, for speedrunning, is Pillar or Caestus a better choice?

Comments

• LariatoLariato
    Vindictus Rep: 920

X1Guts1X wrote: »
    I've decided to make a Karok. I know there was a fairly recent patch that knocked him down from top DPS, but my question is did this mostly affect Pillar or Caestus? Also, for speedrunning, is Pillar or Caestus a better choice?

The damage Nerf mainly hindered cestus, however with the new "additional damage" changes its not even noticeable anymore. For speedrunning i'd always go cestus, my reasons? Its easier to show it than explain, I prefer pillar's fun and engaging combo system but cestus damage values using "clean hit"(12% for any hit to hit twice), "overflow"(Makes all blasts hit twice for 20sec) and not to mention his buffs (Terror rush green = Gives attack speed based on rank, Crushing strike red = Increases damage based off of rank, and finally Destroyer blue = 100% chance to cause a critical strike with the next 1-4 smashes/blasts) makes it an easy choice for those seeking high dps potential.