[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Teide Revamp outcome

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
in Hurk
Just polling those Hurks out there who use Teide. I haven't used it since release and am curious if the latest changes/revamp to it and the new ability make it a much better option now. Or is it still pretty much bad with only niche raid utility?

Comments

• RumbleRumble
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    It's definitely not bad anymore but it's not great either. If by "better option" you mean with respect to dps, GS still does significantly more in most cases.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited October 24, 2018
    I was never a greatsword user so I can't compare that...however I did use Teide on release and throughout the changes they made. They definitely improved Teide viability by making the slash buffs last longer (and added a new skill to extend it). I'm no longer forced to quick-slash the boss repeatedly to keep the buff up.

I've seen a lot of GS users warm up to it and now use it when farming non-raids because its great for mob clearing.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I was never a greatsword user so I can't compare that...however I did use Teide on release and throughout the changes they made. They definitely improved Teide viability by making the slash buffs last longer (and added a new skill to extend it). I'm no longer forced to quick-slash the boss repeatedly to keep the buff up.

I've seen a lot of GS users warm up to it and now use it when farming non-raids because its great for mob clearing.

I've finally got some time to play around with Teide and I can confirm it can now do more than clean your laundry.

Like you said, it's great for clearing mobs as I learned during this Gremlin event, and that new ability puts a decent amount of time onto the gaping wound clock AND does some pretty decent damage. Also on some raids like Aes Sidthe where getting deflections can be tricky it's probably a better alternative vs GS. Slap on a Greater Mysterious Cat Statue and I can finally find myself using this weapon now. With upcoming buffs to GS on the horizon though I feel that it still needs a little something else to be on par with GS.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    I forgot to say the reload buffs were key (2 > 3 shells). The biggest problem at the beginning was spending too much time either a) reloading or b) keeping the wound buff up. They addressed both those.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I forgot to say the reload buffs were key (2 > 3 shells). The biggest problem at the beginning was spending too much time either a) reloading or b) keeping the wound buff up. They addressed both those.

I agree. I think all that needs to be done now is to extend the time the normal attack adds to the wounds and Teide will be in a good spot. Honestly, I found myself NEVER using normal attacks at all, as the stamina slash ability is spammable with Greater Cat Statue and the new ability adds I htink 15 full seconds to gaping wound.

Honestly, I feel that the normal attacks need to be reworked completely at this point into something else. Maybe they could get a massive SP generation buff which would then allow them to by used here and there and allow you to fuel your long range aimed shot ability quickly or replace the need for a cat statue. Normal attacks just seem pointless at this point and that's a shame.