[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is a 'Hell Redeemer' event what this game needs?

FlameSama1FlameSama1
Vindictus Rep: 1,960
edited October 10, 2018 in General Discussion
Adding hero versions of Redeemer battles and giving an exclusive title for it seems like some of the biggest pandering to the pay to win crowd since I've started playing this game around seven years ago. Something for the hardcore spend-a-grand-on-gachapon-lootboxes sect that makes up the top tier of this game's tiny playerbase. Hard not to see this as dismissive to your average player when there's massive server issues going on right now (ghost boats, good ol fashion freezing and crashing, etc).

Suppose the writing's been on the wall for a while though. The stripping away of Hero and Macha and other side content, the gimmicky succubi and thrones, the 'content' they added that was taking two previous raids and arbitrarily putting them together. Just doesn't really seem like something the game NEEDS right now.
chicaneQuinqueAngelYukkinoctredJinyieZeroheart

Comments

• noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    It's actually dismissive to everyone - casuals and hardcores alike, f2p and whales alike.

I'm fairly certain there are zero parties on either NA or EU even remotely capable of clearing hell modes currently. It's just a literal waste of an event across the board.
    Lion86QuinqueJinyieOrder5ZeroheartSirRFI
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited October 10, 2018
    Korea only recently passed Balor, it wasn't until after 100 cap release. Neam was finished a little while before Balor simply because it's easier. Tbh without 100 cap or 100 Balors complete you almost don't have enough dmg to complete it anyway. Also it took them almost thee entire hour to complete give or take a few minutes, at level 100 cap. It's simply not really possible to pass as it is right now. There just simply isn't a way to get the amount of damage needed to complete the raid atm.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Abaddan wrote: »
    Korea only recently passed Balor, it wasn't until after 100 cap release. Neam was finished a little while before Balor simply because it's easier. Tbh without 100 cap or 100 Balors complete you almost don't have enough dmg to complete it anyway. Also it took them almost thee entire hour to complete give or take a few minutes, at level 100 cap. It's simply not really possible to pass as it is right now. There just simply isn't a way to get the amount of damage needed to complete the raid atm.

Having tried neam it with one of the most OP boats I think we can manage. I think you are right. (Almost everyone in the party had +14 dul weapons etc.) We just don't have the dps to manage it. (First boat/try on hell was at ~18 min for 1 bar.) I personally doubt I will try again till lv 100 at least.
    Saphree
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    well NA did it

cF6gU42.png

Quinque
  • SansaSansa
    Vindictus Rep: 595
    edited October 11, 2018
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    well NA did it

cF6gU42.png

Not in a legit way, he probably hacked/exploited/bugged the run. His stats are complete crap, no way would he be able to put a dent into Balor, let alone Hell Balor.

Not even the most OP whalelord NA players have cleared.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited October 11, 2018
    Sansa wrote: »
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    well NA did it

cF6gU42.png

Not in a legit way, he probably hacked/exploited/bugged the run. His stats are complete crap, no way would he be able to put a dent into Balor, let alone Hell Balor.

Not even the most OP whalelord NA players have cleared.

i15113570447.jpg

this was the message KR got when they cleared.

Explicitly stated the player name w/ 7 other ppl cleared hell neam.

here's a vid w/ stat in description:

It's pretty obvious how this NA player did it. Let's see if vindictus team will notice it or not.
    Vindictus Rep: 460
    ikevi wrote: »
    Abaddan wrote: »

Having tried neam it with one of the most OP boats I think we can manage. I think you are right. (Almost everyone in the party had +14 dul weapons etc.) We just don't have the dps to manage it. (First boat/try on hell was at ~18 min for 1 bar.) I personally doubt I will try again till lv 100 at least.

Your boat may have been “OP”, but the skill level for hell mode is way higher than just needing the stats. If you swapped out some of those geared people with people that actually know how to play the game they would get farther.

The amount of HP hell mode is about 8x as much. Do you know what this means? Every player needs to carry their weight. That is, being able to solo with like 4k AD right now. Not just this but able to survive with massively increased damage taken without dying for 60 minutes. One timer can mean a failed run.

In your party only like 4 of the people in that party did damage and it was not the people with the most gear. Attacking air, no matter how much stats you have will not be able to clear. Hell mode is for the people who are bringing out the best of their class.

With 100 gear it will become possible for people to clear but you need more than just stats. Being fully capped with max alr and 6k AD gives you more leeway but everyone still needs to play well, otherwise the run will fail no matter how much gear you have.

Hell mode is a combination of gear and skill to be able to clear. It is not meant for everyone, it is for the truly dedicated people.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    188 wrote: »
    In your party only like 4 of the people in that party did damage and it was not the people with the most gear. Attacking air, no matter how much stats you have will not be able to clear. Hell mode is for the people who are bringing out the best of their class.

With 100 gear it will become possible for people to clear but you need more than just stats. Being fully capped with max alr and 6k AD gives you more leeway but everyone still needs to play well, otherwise the run will fail no matter how much gear you have.

Hell mode is a combination of gear and skill to be able to clear. It is not meant for everyone, it is for the truly dedicated people.

I wouldn't be that harsh. Honestly everyone in the 2 runs I have done likely have close to 500 neams done by now. That said I completely agree on your statement that Hell mode will be more than just gear. All I was focused on was if it was even possible going all out on the first bar, and since it took 18 min for the first bar (no double deaths then) yeah it isn't even close yet. If we can't manage to get the first bar (the easy part of neam...) in ~5 min, we can't manage the rest of the run.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Yeah, neither NA or EU are really gonna clear Hell Mode before Level 100 is out for a month or 2, we just don't have the combination of stats and skill needed right now to clear properly. I really thing they should've either delayed this to update alongside Level 100 or a few months after, we really aren't ready for this update. +haha
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    They really should have released this event AFTER the 100 level cap.
    LillieVirideSaphreeYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 460
    boo4u wrote: »
    Hell redeemer event brings in more saltiness out of the players of Vindictus who gets jealous of others that are able to clear it like that Kai.

It's great watching shitters that won't be able to clear hell mode be salty while the few actual skilled players don't give a **** about the Kai.
  • FaaustFlexinYaDiggFaaustFlexinYaDigg
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    So that kai solo'd it? The screenshot doesnt show the 7 other names like the other guy said ^

If so nerf kai kappa