[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon, We need to talk.

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
edited October 1, 2018 in General Discussion
I don't know any other way to say this so I'm just going to come right out and say it. The servers are bad at the moment. I've had good chunks of time the past few days where they feel literally unplayable. Just yesterday for instance I had two RaR's just dump everyone in the raid back into town, then the third RaR completed only to not give anyone any loot. The only option was to forfeit and return back to town.

nK8zFXF.jpg

I can't count the number of times I've been just dumped out of a battle I was in:

vYRi6lB.jpg
LOHztaY.jpg?1

I have been seeing more and new occurrences of bugs like this guy, the "numbers challengers" bug which leaves me no choice but to relog. I've had it happen when I return to town and when I have been standing around in town a long time :

UdkH6Pv.jpg

Also this, it's rarer, wonkier cousin, the floating head bug, that just screams "we have problems":

M6NgAhs.jpg

I've had all kinds of random bugs in fights. Both me and Anastacsia for instance experienced Dullahan attacks that should have been stopped by heavy stander going right through it in this battle.

QoMkYqf.jpg

Here I am finishing Rupacious and not getting any loot. First of all it should be unacceptable that the entire mechanic of the fight, using spears is broken, but here nobody even threw any spears, I experienced a wholly different bug where I was the only one who didn't get any loot in the party and I didn't appear in the rest of the team's system messages at all.

Cpyj2If.jpg

Speaking of exotic bugs here's what greeted me one time I went to the avatar shop. Say hello to Fionann.

neTRYNp.jpg

And how about this, one time I was in town, got booted to the main screen but all of my hud buttons were there and working.

VcbaFvv.jpg

And yes, I've even been seeing the classic T-pose on the character select screen,

Omf0pOV.jpg

This is in addition to all the other problems the server has been having. Guild chat or whispers not working. Boats that fail to launch. Boats that hang on a black screen for forever instead of launching. Rar Queues that refuse to let you enter the battle. Rar's that can never fill to 10 despite the fact we have people outside the run from our guilds trying to sign up. Items not appearing in inventories after a battle. I've had solo battles complete and been unable to leave by any means other than forfeit. I myself have not experienced this one, but I have had reports from guildies about items getting lost in the mail and in the server's current state I believe them. And then there's departure licenses being used up on battles that didn't complete. And what about all of the ghost boats?

I have a lot of other games that I could be playing. I want to play Vindictus though. But the thing is, when I experience 6 or more Royal Army Raid dumps in an hour it is frustrating, it is disheartening. I sigh. I feel bad and it's because I'm trying to play this game and I can't. You guys are failing on the most fundamental level, to a new extreme. The people you still have playing, I think, are a pretty tolerant lot, but I have been hearing from a lot of my guildies and my friends that they're going to be taking "a break" from the game until all of these problems are sorted out and I worry that a number of them are not going to come back. And I don't blame them for wandering off now. Trying to play Vindictus at the moment is incredibly frustrating. I myself, wasted soooo much time of my day yesterday on server failures. That is a terrible feeling. Things are not getting better. I had hoped that after the last maintenance they would improve but they just seem to be getting worse and worse.

I do not know what course of action to offer you guys, I don't know everything that's happening on your end. The problem is probably complicated by the fact that Vindictus has probably had so many hands in it by now that fixing one bug might introduce a slew of others. But you do have to do SOMETHING. If you just accept that you're on a downward slide and do nothing to stop it, you're still going to hit the bottom eventually. The only help that I can offer is that it seems to me that after the last patch many of these problems started appearing, or, got much worse. I love this game, it's the only reason I've put up with it this long and it's the reason that I'm writing to you today. Public acknowledgment of the problems would help a little, fixing them would help a lot more though.
noctredPrototypemindWinViper4016BOK_CHOIJinyieAngelYukkiX1Guts1XLoLoBootyIcygoddessCreamand 7 others.

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I believe that the server issues and things like the guild error where you can't access guild chat, rewards, etc., have been passed on to them more than once. They're on a skeleton staff and honestly I just don't think Vindi is a priority. They seem pretty full tilt on MS2, so this game gets the leftovers and it shows. I certainly hope the fix things, but considering how they went quiet before they dumped DN off on another company, once a game isn't a priority to them anymore there's no telling how much they'll neglect it.

Good to see the detailed write up. Here's hoping it does some good.
    GhengisJohnJinyie
  • WinViper4016WinViper4016
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited September 30, 2018
    +10000 This was Happend to me all Problem

Example look like Mrs Negative

42780553_1714055188716263_7580782599321157632_n.jpg
    42800856_1714055185382930_5723201895112114176_n.jpg
    42899392_1714055198716262_9089829864260763648_n.jpg[/img]
    GhengisJohn
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Everything seems half assed with Vindictus lately, could not agree more...
    GhengisJohn
  • MiraakMiraak
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    edited October 4, 2018
    Bonus:
    xOr3pdy.jpg
    oRJKXfe.jpg rip my arisha +sad
    GhengisJohn
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    ^ can't see those images
    GhengisJohn
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited October 1, 2018
    Excellent post. In the chance Nexon sees this post, I would add the "Challenger 1029283838" bug just started for me recently, I want to say two maintenance periods ago from this date. Since this is a relatively new bug and extremely annoying, I suggest patching this asap. Not sure if you mentioned it, but also Korean Guild Screen is annoying and prevents from collecting Guild Loot.

As far as I get the comment that Vinidi is near its end and support is limited, it's still really bad to let things get like this. Why would I even consider playing another Nexon game if they show they don't even fully support their existing games? I'm more likely to switch to another company.
    GhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    Not sure if you mentioned it, but also Korean Guild Screen is annoying and prevents from collecting Guild Loot.

I didn't. Good addition Guts.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    That floating head bug... you serious or a joke? On first read through I thought it was a joke, but now....
    Either way that is hilarious!
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited October 3, 2018
    NA Server

On my side, I did get my share of insane bugs, including most of what GhengisJohn went through.

What wasn't mentioned though that I'm having badly right now is failing to create a boat/start a solo boat... Very often.
    Simply stays stuck in town to get me a loading screen and pop-up indicating failure to start a boat, like this:

sJJ9jF2.png

One week ago, it was on a pattern, would always alternate between failing to create/start boat and succeeding to. And now, can't have a day without at least 2 of them.

And yeah, I went through the lvl 0 and Round 0 Challenger title bug, and game even decided to remake my Vella, from this:

xfTnZZn.jpg

To that:

L5JVH7s.jpg

And one more bug, the most annoying one imo, just happened to me:

After attempting to start a battle, battle was loading, and then... This:

yjUYQoy.jpg

The loading window disappears, doesn't go to the loading screen before battle, or even if returning to town. The UI is gone, wouldn't come back pressing the UI toggle key, it was simply gone. So I had to restart the game.

All that excludes the countless times that the game kicked me back to town in the middle of fights.

I have sent tickets for bugs and crashes in the past, but seeing barely any progress, or just none at all, I'll just post it here, and see if they care or have the time. Such bugs should take a week, or at most 2 to be fixed, but sadly, it takes (way way way(...) too much) time... as in months or year(s). If they can't do it any faster, I'll propose to rename the game: Vin-glitch-tus.

Edit: The UI disappearing just happened to me 2 times in a row, so restarted the game 2 times...
    SirRFI wrote: »
    [*]"Good" old Vella bugs getting hit mid-crosscut or crosscut not being triggered at all

That bug's been there for a long time, it's been almost 2 years I'm having this. I made a thread and 2 tickets about it, and I saw some other people mention it in the forums.
    GhengisJohnLoLoBooty
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited October 1, 2018
    When connectivity issues happen, please make sure to mention which server it is happening on. As far I can tell, in Europe we do not experience neither of these problems.

However, in last few days (especially yesterday and today) I've noticed following on Nexon hosted battles:
    • General delay increased
    • "Good" old Vella bugs getting hit mid-crosscut or crosscut not being triggered at all
    • Occassional stutters, causing desync (getting hit by something a little far, or not getting hit right in front)
    • Freezes on Onslaught, that visually reset remaining time and statue level, blank MVP name
    • Onslaught crashing in middle of the battle - all players are kicked out to town suddently
    • Unsure if related, but got abnormal gameplay on Stribog today (wasn't able to track if anyone used secondary weapons)

Ps. Halloween is coming:
    M6NgAhs.jpg
    GhengisJohn[GM] Viewty
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    edited October 1, 2018
    SirRFI wrote: »
    When connectivity issues happen, please make sure to mention which server it is happening on. As far I can tell, in Europe we do not experience neither of these problems.

Yeah I should clarify that this is on the north american server.
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    That floating head bug... you serious or a joke? On first read through I thought it was a joke, but now....
    Either way that is hilarious!

Completely serious. Next time it happens I'll get a video capture. I thought I had one, but couldn't find it.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    There are no moderators, no gm's, nobody is going to answer.
    Nexon abandoned us.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    i had a problem with nx i buy a pvp potion and got it in my temp box and every time i try to take it out it just stood in my temp box then i relog to see if it was lag to find out it was gone completely and they ask me to give them a ss of all my chars nx tabs do they not even have logs that show what happen like wut ?
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    It just took me almost 1 hr to do daily mission cuz the game glitched and crashed and crashed again and another glitched where everything shows 0....

Nexon give a **** meter = also 0
    GhengisJohn
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    I remember that "Challenger" happening before. Since it's not new, it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

However, as for Rupa's spears... Fine Spears has the same problem and is still not fixed for over 2 years, so I don't expect that to be fixed ever at this rate.
  • [GM] Viewty[GM] Viewty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Administrator
    I don't know any other way to say this so I'm just going to come right out and say it. The servers are bad at the moment. I've had good chunks of time the past few days where they feel literally unplayable. Just yesterday for instance I had two RaR's just dump everyone in the raid back into town, then the third RaR completed only to not give anyone any loot. The only option was to forfeit and return back to town.

nK8zFXF.jpg

I can't count the number of times I've been just dumped out of a battle I was in:

vYRi6lB.jpg
    LOHztaY.jpg?1

I have been seeing more and new occurrences of bugs like this guy, the "numbers challengers" bug which leaves me no choice but to relog. I've had it happen when I return to town and when I have been standing around in town a long time :

UdkH6Pv.jpg

Also this, it's rarer, wonkier cousin, the floating head bug, that just screams "we have problems":

M6NgAhs.jpg

I've had all kinds of random bugs in fights. Both me and Anastacsia for instance experienced Dullahan attacks that should have been stopped by heavy stander going right through it in this battle.

QoMkYqf.jpg

Here I am finishing Rupacious and not getting any loot. First of all it should be unacceptable that the entire mechanic of the fight, using spears is broken, but here nobody even threw any spears, I experienced a wholly different bug where I was the only one who didn't get any loot in the party and I didn't appear in the rest of the team's system messages at all.

Cpyj2If.jpg

Speaking of exotic bugs here's what greeted me one time I went to the avatar shop. Say hello to Fionann.

neTRYNp.jpg

And how about this, one time I was in town, got booted to the main screen but all of my hud buttons were there and working.

VcbaFvv.jpg

And yes, I've even been seeing the classic T-pose on the character select screen,

Omf0pOV.jpg

This is in addition to all the other problems the server has been having. Guild chat or whispers not working. Boats that fail to launch. Boats that hang on a black screen for forever instead of launching. Rar Queues that refuse to let you enter the battle. Rar's that can never fill to 10 despite the fact we have people outside the run from our guilds trying to sign up. Items not appearing in inventories after a battle. I've had solo battles complete and been unable to leave by any means other than forfeit. I myself have not experienced this one, but I have had reports from guildies about items getting lost in the mail and in the server's current state I believe them. And then there's departure licenses being used up on battles that didn't complete. And what about all of the ghost boats?

I have a lot of other games that I could be playing. I want to play Vindictus though. But the thing is, when I experience 6 or more Royal Army Raid dumps in an hour it is frustrating, it is disheartening. I sigh. I feel bad and it's because I'm trying to play this game and I can't. You guys are failing on the most fundamental level, to a new extreme. The people you still have playing, I think, are a pretty tolerant lot, but I have been hearing from a lot of my guildies and my friends that they're going to be taking "a break" from the game until all of these problems are sorted out and I worry that a number of them are not going to come back. And I don't blame them for wandering off now. Trying to play Vindictus at the moment is incredibly frustrating. I myself, wasted soooo much time of my day yesterday on server failures. That is a terrible feeling. Things are not getting better. I had hoped that after the last maintenance they would improve but they just seem to be getting worse and worse.

I do not know what course of action to offer you guys, I don't know everything that's happening on your end. The problem is probably complicated by the fact that Vindictus has probably had so many hands in it by now that fixing one bug might introduce a slew of others. But you do have to do SOMETHING. If you just accept that you're on a downward slide and do nothing to stop it, you're still going to hit the bottom eventually. The only help that I can offer is that it seems to me that after the last patch many of these problems started appearing, or, got much worse. I love this game, it's the only reason I've put up with it this long and it's the reason that I'm writing to you today. Public acknowledgment of the problems would help a little, fixing them would help a lot more though.

Thank you all for bringing all this up for our attention once again. We apologize for the late update regarding and will try to bring the fixes to your hands ASAP. All of these are already being investigated so please stay with us for more updates. Thank you.
    noctredGhengisJohnElusiveDawnRealityBreakSaphree
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    Haven't had any of these bugs personally recently (though have had some in the past) other than for the occasional T-pose on character select and of course the rupa spear bug. Not sure if it's limited to just NA server (since I'm on EU) or whether I've just been lucky.
  • DaedhaeldesDaedhaeldes
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    ive witnessed the floating head one and over the past few days I have also been dumped out of raids
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited October 4, 2018
    Lag is real... I get weird delays all the time and bad frames.. whenever i use my sh skill on lann the game dies for 1sec.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    i4wPmdL.jpg
    I got this message today in the middle of a raid and got booted back to town. Has anyone else gotten this specific message before being thrown back to town? Trying to determine if it's part of this server issue or if it's just something from my end.
    GhengisJohn