[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Onslaught Tier List S1

clearcutclearcut
Vindictus Rep: 1,150
edited September 25, 2018 in General Discussion
Yes, it is that time again. Let’s discuss which characters excel in this season of OS.

Top Tier the only ones that really matter

Hurk GS; Pretty well known, can ignore one debuff, self reduce HP, damage, mobility, survivability, list goes on
Kai Gun; insane damage, can burst down most bosses very quickly even faster than GS at times, some safety net in playing midrange vs close range like most characters, good statue control
Spear Lann; self reduce hp, stamina restoration, can also burst down bosses very quickly, better survivability and damage thanks to revamp
Miri; great statue control, multi hitting in general, great dps, her trans can be a team saver if timed right

High Tier

Lynn Blute; great surviabilty for rage with her multiple doge options, great dps from the get go
Karok Cestus ; good dps, good statue management with bigbang
Evie Staff; similar to xgun since this mode prefers burst damage staff actually does really well provided you dont drop coros, shield is also great for maintaining rage, and has decent statue management with aoe fire skills
Evie Scythe; simply because of the amazing survivablity she has with shield at low hp, can abuse rage extremely well thanks to it, also some utility moves for statues, gate when timed right
Vella Chain; safety net in midrange play, multi hitting in general similar to miri, decent statue management, slow to start but once you do she can clear quite quickly
Arisha SpellSword

Mid Tier These characters only really bring DPS to the table or have other flaws that make them not contribute as much

Fiona Sword
Sylas; Self Heal at low HP, only one skill for burst damage with a large CD and needs 20 shards for full DPS which is hard to do in OS
Kai Bow; Quite a few small bosses, multi aggro can be hard to manage though still good dps/statue potential
Lann Sword
Vella Sword
Delia
Fiona Hammer
Karok Pillar
Arisha Whip
Hurk Teide; has a marking system similar to lynn though not as detrimental

Low Tier

Lynn Glaive; Marks do not transfer, as such loses a lot of her potential

What do you guys think? If you can elaborate on the classes you play and what you have witnessed I'd be open to changes.

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    I agree on Top Tier cuz it's noticeable af... the other ones I don't fking know. :x
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    CB Vella should prob be in low from my experience

Sylas self heal can be a hindrance for damage but can save your life, plus low HP e.roar can help wipe statues and bosses and phantasmic slash is good for hitting multiple statues + bosses

Teide I don't think does much in there? Only played with one Teide hurk tho.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    My self am gonna disagree where you put bow kai, has a bow main that uses bow in os I do even or out damage top hurks in Na with bow in os, bow as it pretty safe with 1hp really have no problem getting hit for the whole 10min match with dodge grapple just in case.
    about the bosses hitboxes rico/mag have no problem hitting bosses since of their hitbox/pretty easy to flinch bosses breakoff points for easy headshot marks.
  • clearcutclearcut

Arrow95 wrote: »
    My self am gonna disagree where you put bow kai, has a bow main that uses bow in os I do even or out damage top hurks in Na with bow in os, bow as it pretty safe with 1hp really have no problem getting hit for the whole 10min match with dodge grapple just in case.
    about the bosses hitboxes rico/mag have no problem hitting bosses since of their hitbox/pretty easy to flinch bosses breakoff points for easy headshot marks.

Thats pretty strange, I did match with you a couple of times while you were using bow and you never beat a Hurk, much less a "top" Hurk you even lost to a Lann one time. I guess those were just off matches.

Regardless those are fair points, but I've never seen them be pulled off in practice.
    Saphree wrote: »

Sylas self heal can be a hindrance for damage but can save your life, plus low HP e.roar can help wipe statues and bosses and phantasmic slash is good for hitting multiple statues + bosses

E.roar is useful however it has a long CD and does not do as much if you dont stack 20 shards which is neigh impossible.
    Agreed Teide can probably be moved down, but the few CB vella I've seen managed pretty well.
    LoyalCasher
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    I keep hearing that Scythe loses their snap damage a lot, but I guess their mana shield to help them stay on 1 HP makes up for it, as well as IR for stamina.

GS Hurk and Spear Lann needs to be in their own God Tier; above Top Tier.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited September 20, 2018
    glaive buff when :( (or at least put in the pvp balances for glaive from regular arena)
    VladinoMochiSweetLoLoBooty
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Yagamin wrote: »
    I keep hearing that Scythe loses their snap damage a lot, but I guess their mana shield to help them stay on 1 HP makes up for it, as well as IR for stamina.

GS Hurk and Spear Lann needs to be in their own God Tier; above Top Tier.

Spear lann looses his "god hood" the instant you start killing bosses every 4-5 seconds. That invulnerability buff + fury infusion = healing ~1k each time. It gets annoying.
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Playable: GS Hurk, Lann, Miri, Crossgun Kai
    Unplayable, Cancerous & Rage-inducing: Everyone else
    Just give up on Onslaught, you are hurting other people's win rate: Glaive Lynn
    MochiSweet
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    As a Delia it's kinda meh for me.

Damage is high and getting your damage out is pretty simple since you can wind up your smashes preemptively (assuming you correctly predict spawn points) and abuse blitz but like... once **** really hits the fan I feel she starts to fall apart a bit, especially if your team is kinda weak overall.

Generally speaking, ion thrust is a large part of what allows Delia to be super aggressive and push out a consistent stream of damage. Unfortunately, SP generation in OS is garbage and even if you manage your SP properly in the early-mid stages of a match you're still likely to end up with a shortage once the match picks up and you're dealing with constant supercharged invasions, normals, and statues simultaneously with few (if any) breaks. Once your SP drains, everything becomes magnitudes more dangerous and getting your damage out while raged can get pretty sketch.

Same goes for stamina - stamina seems like a non-issue when you're casually slaying normal mobs with the occasional invasion and have time to regen a full bar inbetween each wave, but that tends to break down eventually when the spawn rate picks up and statues enter the mix. Also consider that preemptively winding up a falling comet or whatever means your stam regen stops the moment you begin the windup - so you actually can't even take as long of a break as other characters inbetween spawns assuming you're going for ideal damage efficiency. Her non-delayed smashes restore large chunks of stamina but time is a factor - every smash you waste on stam regen is another full windup you have to go through to put out real damage. That time lost adds up when you're playing against an evenly matched team. This is mitigated somewhat by proper blitz usage but it's still an issue. The ASPD/stam buff is situationally useful but certainly not something you're gonna take more than a small handful of times and is not available on demand (unless you hold it, which comes with its own set of issues).

Vigor is an annoyance for reasons which I assume are obvious. Dying later in the match puts you even further behind than usual, damage wise. Refreshing vigor stacks later in the match is more dangerous as you can easily get clipped while flying at your target. Canceling (or whiffing) manual wild stars is a massive waste of time. Using instant wild stars is a waste of SP in the majority of cases. It's arguably more efficient to just forget about vigor at a certain point in the match depending on your team's effective damage output - though that in itself kinda makes me sad.

Defensive survivability is good if your blocks and dodges are efficient. Delias who are used to blindly abusing dodge>block chain, which let's be honest is a lot of Delias, are going to have a bad time. Offensive survivability is good until you run out of SP, at which point dealing effective damage while fully raged becomes super sketch unless all you're doing is insta killing normal mobs right as they spawn.

Single statue management is good. It's a stationary target so you'll destroy it quickly assuming you're raged and crit a couple smashes. Multi-statue management ranges from good to awful. If the statues are close together you can start a falling comet windup at one statue and end it at the other, and just ping pong falling comets between them. If the statues happen to be stacked, you can literally delete all of them. If the statues are further apart, you're unlikely to have the stamina to really do anything about it unless you completely forego damage, which can be a situationally useful thing to do but ultimately not comparable to what some other characters are capable of in that scenario.

Debuff management is garbage. Delia gets destroyed by all 3 of them, though the slow is situationally useful for extending iframes or block frames.

Damage is good to great but it's all back loaded outside of blitz. If you're in a situation where you can predict and smash mobs right as they spawn, that's ideal. If you're in a situation where you're forced to delay or cancel smashes for any reason, your contribution takes a considerable dive because of the time factor involved. Onslaught favors instant, front loaded burst damage - Delia can provide that situationally but not at all consistently.

--

All of that said, I think Delia is perfectly playable and capable of performing well. Several of the issues described above can technically be worked around by adjusting your playstyle and being smarter about resource management, but it almost always comes at the cost of time which is crucial in even, back and forth matches and is why I think Delia tends to lose some efficiency in even, back and forth matches. Furthermore, I find it can be kinda difficult to carry weaker teams against a strong team because the criteria for a hard carry doesn't really match up with what Delia can consistently offer, considering the nature of the mode.

tl;dr - not the best, not the worst. Can either be a snowballer or a liability depending on how the match plays out. Can be fun if teams are evenly matched or mostly frustrating if they're not.

Just my experience.

edit: oh yeah and we can't use Zenith... yet again. smh.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    Saphree wrote: »

take that back ! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/312412761 then again i think that a huge whale who make chain vella great in it
  • clearcutclearcut
    Made some changes, High Tier was not justified to be so cluttered since most characters only really bring DPS which more so depends on the player itself than the characters abilities.
  • NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    clearcut wrote: »
    Thats pretty strange, I did match with you a couple of times while you were using bow and you never beat a Hurk, much less a "top" Hurk you even lost to a Lann one time. I guess those were just off matches.

ohhhhh, that's a sick one. that's a big mighty burn