[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Some more questions from a newbie

OsmadielOsmadiel
Vindictus Rep: 300
in General Discussion
Hi

I am a little confused about crafting/talents. I am level 25 and I have not received any quests to start the crafting process. On the wiki it states I have to talk to the strange traveler after I reach level 22 and he will give me a quest "learn expertise" but the quest is not there. Is there a specific way to do the quest?

Also, can someone please explain what emblems are and how you obtain them?

Thanks so much.

P.S. I really think this game has a great community. Everyone is very helpful and that is refreshing in today's gaming environment.

Comments

• AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I think you can start crafting process just by going to Rocheste - some of the NPCs will have an Expertise button you can click on to learn the skill.
    I personally wouldn't worry about expertise until you cap since it requires a lot of investment to be useful.

Emblems are basically little icons that show up above your name. Most of them are obtained by events, but they can also be obtained from other stuff like Pvp and Ein Lacher. Also wouldn't worry about them since they don't provide any stats and are juts for aesthetic.
  • OsmadielOsmadiel
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Thanks!
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    More serious question. We still get "New" players in this game? Shocking.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    JamesGross wrote: »

You haven't been running raids then. I am surprised at how many new folks show up. (And then likely disappear quickly.)
    Emerthyst
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Please note that wiki is outdated, so it's best to just ask around.

The quest you mentioned however I believe still exist, but is nothing more than a "quiz" suggesting which expertise you should pick, but doesn't make decision on anything. You can learn expertises from Rocheste NPCs (unchanged) and change them when you like, but then previous expertise will be removed. This does not apply to sub-expertises, like dismantling or cooking.

Emblems are obtained in various ways, usually for Ein Lacher currency (Honor Medal), Festival Trophies (minigames) or events (like currently ongoing with S3 raids).
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited September 13, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »
    JamesGross wrote: »

You haven't been running raids then. I am surprised at how many new folks show up. (And then likely disappear quickly.)

Do those people tell you they are new, or how do you know if they are new players or just the same players trying out different characters?