[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Onslaught...

ikeviikevi
Vindictus Rep: 3,670
edited September 8, 2018 in General Discussion
So any clue why folks don't want easy seals (which can be traded for decent materials) from onslaught? Personally I don't care much about winning/losing. But I am surprised it takes s long to fill up in its first week of being here. Not to mention the issues with folks canceling :-(
Quinque

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited September 8, 2018
    The matches take too long, it's far more efficient to farm other things and sell to buy whatever you're after; or farm it yourself elsewhere. Same for Damascus Steel when it's out.
    If you get say on average seals 25 per match (per 10 min), it's still 6 hours 40 mins to get just 1 shard, this excludes queue times and loading. I've probably over estimated the average too.
    Sure you get rank rewards, but that's if you win a lot. 30 points for win and 4 points for loss is too big of a difference.

The bad SP and stamina regen makes it not fun for most classes.

Also, this +1 raid +1 core event doesn't help. They should have made a x2 seal Onslaught event instead or something.

For me, the only reason I did do some is for the title, but since I'm barely winning thanks to hurks/lanns on the other team (I rarely get any on my team, bad luck), I've given up and am waiting for the next season.
  • ikeviikevi
    edited September 8, 2018
    Yagamin wrote: »
    For me, the only reason I did do some is for the title, but since I'm barely winning thanks to hurks/lanns on the other team (I rarely get any on my team, bad luck), I've given up and am waiting for the next season.

Next season wont be any better than this season. They honestly tend to spread out big dps. Running as an OP lann I still more often than not loose. Honestly it is your party + rng... If you have everyone going 1 hp bar it just doesn't work come the 6 pillars + 2 bosses.

As for better money for time. I think you serious underestimate the cost that Damascus Steel will be at. (I for one am farming everything I can to be able to buy from all methods.) Course all lv 100 feathers/mats are going to be crazy priced too since everyone will be multi booming.

I am guessing at least 100m for each dem steal for a long time. Needing ~720 to for sure manage +14->+15 is just going to burn through the small drop rate they will give them.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Also got caught up in a 2 v 3 situation, but the game just goes with it ;'). I really like the concept of this new game mode though it kind of resembles the same flaws of normal PvP.
  • ikeviikevi
    edited September 8, 2018
    Jinyie wrote: »
    though it kind of resembles the same flaws of normal PvP.

I completely agree. I find for every run I just think of it like the unbalanced PVP. But the good news is you don't get half the number of seals for loosing like normal PvP.

Note worse part about onslaught is the fact you can't do basically anything while waiting in the queue. Toss in the fact that everyone gets kicked whenever 1 person cancels it becomes very painful.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Yagamin wrote: »
    The bad SP and stamina regen makes it not fun for most classes.

This is the #1 reason why I personally don't play more than a couple matches per day.

The mode is conceptually cool but the general lack of SP and stam results in a mostly unenjoyable experience for me. Sure you can adjust and play around these issues and still make it work, and to some extent I understand why those limitations are in place - but it's just.... not fun.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    ikevi wrote: »

Note worse part about onslaught is the fact you can't do basically anything while waiting in the queue. Toss in the fact that everyone gets kicked whenever 1 person cancels it becomes very painful.

You can use a Rabi Whistle... but there's a limited amount of them...

I think that only happens if it says 6 and someone cancels.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Still wonder why cat statue and other pvp artifact items are disabled in a pvp mode. Maybe paw would be too broken who knows?
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    Still wonder why cat statue and other pvp artifact items are disabled in a pvp mode. Maybe paw would be too broken who knows?

I'm still wondering why Hurk / Lann is available in the new mode >:C !
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Some tips for some complaints I saw:
    - Lack of stam: The Spd+Bal buff refreshes your stamina bar, and I think MIGHT also increase stamina regen
    - Not worth doing: Worth doing for damascus steel in the future. I THINK that pvp potion also doubles the amount of seals you get (guildie was getting 40 ish seals a run while he had pvp potion on), though not sure if this is intended.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Low player base.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Vindictus Rep: 2,635
    I'm not sure about other people, but I run it since it is fun. Rewards are a bonus.
    Cloakshire
  • paingamepaingame
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    damascus steel tanked to 4m in less than a month
  • ikeviikevi
    edited September 9, 2018
    paingame wrote: »
    damascus steel tanked to 4m in less than a month

So ~25m on our server ;-) And remember, you need 1000s to manage a +15 lv 100. (Let alone all the folks like me that will be going for full +15 gear.)
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited September 9, 2018
    Since August in KR, steel starts dropping from lv95 raids and onwards + specials.

Source : official patch note

If they drop as often as essence box, they will probably be around 6m or so and bots will farm the hell out of these for us.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited September 10, 2018
    It's like Boss Brawl with too much gimmicky bs. Get rid of the dmg scaling to hp, why's that even a thing? Clear unfair advantages to certain chars. The statues are an okay idea but imo badly implemented, as it adds too much of an rng factor. You're never going to win with 10 statues on one side of the field with no possibility of being able to move. Plus as cestus stamina while I can regen with flurry is a nightmare. I spend almost the same amount of time trying to regen stam as actually doing dps rotation. Make this even worse when there are 4+ statues on the field cause debuff city. The game mode is fun and has potential, but Jesus we have enough gimmicks on normal raids, you don't need to add a ton to everything else. Should be set limit of 3 statues on one side of the field max. I don't agree with you being able to cheese victories simply because you got 12 statues. It's pvp the point is to be skilled based. If you wanna do the hp ****, start everyone at 1hp and don't allow healing besides the buffs. Because again it's supposed to be skilled based, so giving certain chars an advantage over others in pvp, isn't the brightest idea but hey that's been an issue for years. Don't get me wrong I do like the idea of it, and it definitely can be fun and has the potential to be consistently fun, but there are some blatant issues that atm make it more of a chore than a fun pvp match.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Lol. It's not true pvp so it has nothing to do with skill. You need to coordinate with your team to win.
  • WafeIWafeI
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    So, my char is at 1900 rank points now and i have silver rank which is rewarded with 300x seals and emblem. When we are supposed to get that rank reward?
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited September 11, 2018
    When this season ends, and its still tbd.
    And this mode is no fun if you're not lann/hurk/kai/miri :')
    Should just allow players to make their own room and trade wins, no more rage and headache from rng and bs matchmaking.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    It's not the most balanced thing in the world but it is leagues better than every other PvP mode they've added. I just wish two things could be changed:

Limit on revives like redeemers - meaning high damage teams can still lose provided they don't dodge/heal enough and the other team is well coordinated with statues.

Cap of statues on field at one time - Just did one today where we were winning for a good bit, only to have 3 statues come onto our field and two teammates die. This then extended to 7 statues. As you can imagine we couldn't move upon being revived due to statues and were killed shortly after by boss mobs. Should be capped at 3.
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    Limit on revives like redeemers - meaning high damage teams can still lose provided they don't dodge/heal enough and the other team is well coordinated with statues.
    Well, after they die 4 times and are revived by the timer they start to lose points. Some participants don't bring feathers either and some just don't use those.
    Cap of statues on field at one time - Just did one today where we were winning for a good bit, only to have 3 statues come onto our field and two teammates die. This then extended to 7 statues. As you can imagine we couldn't move upon being revived due to statues and were killed shortly after by boss mobs. Should be capped at 3.
    To be honest I consider this a good thing, as this allows to be more strategic with the use of statues, although they're given out to random party members and the same player can receive all statues the entire run.