[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Balancing Changes

TheDazzlingTheDazzling
Vindictus Rep: 3,295
edited September 4, 2018 in General Discussion
Did Miri got nerfed? D: please say yes T ^ T

(too scrub to understand what Miri changes means :3 )
  1. Miri Nerfed?23 votes
    1. +yes +yay
       74% (17 votes)
    2. +no +pain
       26% (6 votes)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    yay ! about time :'3 <3 I hope it's true !
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited September 5, 2018
    Yes, Miri now has a total of 4 things nerfed. Her DPS is terrible now and will not require any more nerfs.

Lann and Hurk are now OP and can do triple everyone else's DPS in Onslaught. (Assuming all players have same gear and, most importantly, skilled enough to dodge ALL attacks). Spears and Greatsword need to be nerfed now for Onslaught.

Also, Mana Shield needs to be disabled in Onslaught to be fair.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    :D yaaaaay ! <3 makes me so happy to hear Miri DPS got lowered :D took them long enough D: ! ... also I only tried Onslaught once, I let Lugh hit me assuming it was gonna be S3 damage.. like 2k HP or somethin idk... and went from like 11k to 4.8k x_x wasn't ready for that ! D:

I'm ok with Lann and Hurk being OP tbh :o atleast they require skill :D <3
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited September 5, 2018
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Yes, Miri now has a total of 4 things nerfed. Her DPS is terrible now and will not require any more nerfs.

Lann and Hurk are now OP and can do triple everyone else's DPS in Onslaught. (Assuming all players have same gear and, most importantly, skilled enough to dodge ALL attacks). Spears and Greatsword need to be nerfed now for Onslaught.

Also, Mana Shield needs to be disabled in Onslaught to be fair.

The good news it that the sorting system seems to split the dps out fairly well in Onslaught.

As for other runs on lann, I haven't seen a huge increase if you were already OP ;-) I think my att increase is similar to having the event items we had last month.
    Jinyie
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited September 5, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »
    As for other runs on lann, I haven't seen a huge increase if you were already OP ;-) I think my att increase is similar to having the event items we had last month.

Then you're unaware of that strategy. But I suppose it's incredibly hard for spears to maintain the use of it since his dodge is meh, but Hurk isn't too bad. Although all chars can use this method, only GS/Spears can instantly start it from the beginning of the match and start it without relying on luck.

Plus GS/Spears have infinite stamina in that place where berserker es is disabled, and both don't rely much on SP so can do fine without artifacts.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited September 5, 2018
    Then you're unaware of that strategy. But I suppose it's incredibly hard for spears to maintain the use of it since his dodge is meh, but Hurk isn't too bad. Although all chars can use this method, only GS/Spears can instantly start it from the beginning of the match and start it without relying on luck.

I'm lost based on your current wordings. Care to replace the underlined/bolded words with proper subjects so your post makes sense?

Plus GS/Spears have infinite stamina in that place where berserker es is disabled, and both don't rely much on SP so can do fine without artifacts.

I think you're neglecting the fact that our "infinite stamina" has a cost; Our HP. Yeah, we can regen our lost HP (Hurk's Revenge & Lann attacking while FI is active), but unless the player is skilled, they'll be losing way more then they're restoring. You're making the implication that Lann and Hurk dis-proportionally deal more damage than the others as long as they're geared AND skilled enough to dodge all attacks. This also implies that if Lann/Hurk do not have skilled pilots, they'll be trash dps which is true. If they were braindead classes that could output insane damage without skill, then yeah, I'd call them OP. However, that's not the case.

If someone is playing their character with extreme skill and gear, then they should be rewarded with big DPS. Skill is a very difficult thing to measure. Just because Lann/Hurk are putting out big deeps doesn't necessarily mean they're OP. It could very well mean that the players your comparing them to aren't as proficient with piloting their characters.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited September 5, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I'm lost based on your current wordings. Care to replace the underlined/bolded words with proper subjects so your post makes sense?

He's most likely talking about additional damage skyrocketing as the player's HP goes down.

In general, I think onslaught is a really bad thing to look at for character balance. The absolutely disgusting SP gain and atrocious stam regen all but neuters certain characters while boosting the relative effectiveness of others, and almost completely saps my personal enjoyment out of the mode.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 5, 2018
    noctred wrote: »

He's most likely talking about additional damage skyrocketing as the player's HP goes down.

In general, I think onslaught is a really bad thing to look at for character balance. The absolutely disgusting SP gain and atrocious stam regen all but neuters certain characters while boosting the relative effectiveness of others, and almost completely saps my personal enjoyment out of the mode - I assume it's clear who the 1hp/0 stam environment benefits.

Ah, now that makes sense. I wasn't aware that a character's additional damage rises as their HP goes down. Yeah, Spears & GS can drain their own HP to augment their damage, but it's still a very risky benefit. One slip-up and it's over. But I kinda see how if a person is "skilled" enough, the risk can pretty much be negated and create an unfair advantage.
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited September 5, 2018

Didn't want too many people to use that strategy ._.
    I think you're neglecting the fact that our "infinite stamina" has a cost; Our HP.

Losing HP is the point.
    You're making the implication that Lann and Hurk dis-proportionally deal more damage than the others as long as they're geared AND skilled enough to dodge all attacks.
    If someone is playing their character with extreme skill and gear, then they should be rewarded with big DPS.

I'll clarify that if all players are equally highly skilled, then Lann and Hurk can potentially skill triple the DPS of all others in Onslaught (even if Lann/Hurk equip bad gear).
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    noctred wrote: »

In general, I think onslaught is a really bad thing to look at for character balance.

Hence why I said "as for other runs". IE not onslaught.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 5, 2018
    I'll clarify that if all players are equally highly skilled, then Lann and Hurk can potentially skill triple the DPS of all others in Onslaught (even if Lann/Hurk equip bad gear).

So why not just remove the additional damage scaling based on HP for all classes? Seems a lot easier than nerfing a character(s).
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Or just tank all hits till you are 1hp to receive the same damage buffs o.o?
  • YagaminYagamin
    So why not just remove the additional damage scaling based on HP for all classes? Seems a lot easier than nerfing a character(s).

Because they have individual char nerfs inside other PVP modes already, so it should be more likely for the trend to continue, but that works too.
    Atherion wrote: »
    Or just tank all hits till you are 1hp to receive the same damage buffs o.o?

It takes much longer and GL with the flare or settle at 1k HP which is much weaker.
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited September 5, 2018
    Yea the risk is kinda the point when draining to 1hp? And the bonus was applied at sub 2k hp or so I was told so you don't even need to drain to 1hp.
  • VolatileVolatile
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    should nerf dazz instead
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 5, 2018

Because they have individual char nerfs inside other PVP modes already, so it should be more likely for the trend to continue, but that works too.

Still doesn't seem like a good idea. Doing so would "fix" Hurk/Lann at low HP, but when their HP is high, they'll be significantly weaker. Adjusting one end of extreme affects the other end. Making such an adjustment would force Lann/Hurk into a situation where they would have to bring their HP down to be viable. Being at 1HP isn't something that should be required to do damage which is what nerfing them would do. I'm much more in favor of just flat out removing the scaling for everyone.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 5, 2018
    Yea the risk is kinda the point when draining to 1hp? And the bonus was applied at sub 2k hp or so I was told so you don't even need to drain to 1hp.

True, but the bonus scales the lower you go. I was at 11.3k Additional damage with ~300 HP. Can you say 86K Gliding Fury?
  • AtherionAtherion

True, but the bonus scales the lower you go. I was at 11.3k Additional damage with ~300 HP. Can you say 86K Gliding Fury?

Then you run the risk of anything being able to kill you in such a chaotic environment which I've done more than a couple times heh.

Dps is only half the story in this mode anyway as a significantly weaker team can exploit a stronger one by timing their statue spams accordingly. You can be winning with a huge margin for majority of the round but 1 death can set your team back or even cost the round if at a bad time.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited September 5, 2018

That's the rule of onslaught season 1.
    Every season of onslaught brings tweak to existing rules. Every season lasts a month in KR. Same should apply to us.

Statues will be nerfed so are the damage scaling. You can also throw balloon in your own field for buff in future seasons.
  • YagaminYagamin
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    That's the rule of onslaught season 1.
    Every season of onslaught brings tweak to existing rules. Every season lasts a month in KR. Same should apply to us.

Statues will be nerf so are the damage scaling. You can also throw balloon in your own field for buff in future seasons.

Oh nice, thanks for clarifying.