[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Remember when

Comments

• ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited August 22, 2018
    Yes I remember. +shy

8vXa8XU.jpg

m8Pl7ZQ.jpg

tE3JT4x.jpg

h9bojam.jpg

8DHXFEy.jpg

UPrlMf3.jpg

PLmVVFo.jpg

6JLbrcq.jpg

lPufedl.jpg

PjMy3sx.jpg

amC2x9v.jpg

SCwkPgR.jpg

1gg9AzN.jpg

ppXjAPy.jpg

H9GkGOZ.jpg

YI7XJkq.jpg

F9m3y46.jpg

QT5UJw3.jpg

1MMQHfy.jpg

ZOjtToX.jpg

jhph6dC.jpg

yjS0aQU.jpg

Bggmgbn.jpg

aOEQhcz.jpg

DwqPuKA.jpg
    ZeroheartoCharlotte
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    ErinieI wrote: »
    Remember when Drusa had banter with the entire EU server and almost got banned?

Can't handle the bants.
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Drusa wrote: »
    ErinieI wrote: »
    Remember when Drusa had banter with the entire EU server and almost got banned?

Can't handle the bants.

Long live Lord Banter Binti
  • AeriesAeries
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Remember when people failed to cancel back tent and the whole kraken run failed?

Remember when attack req was 14k?

Remember when people actually working together to bomb lion?

Remember when we have 8 man raids?

Remember when the PvP scene was actually alive?

Remember when event are actually events instead of buying loot boxes?
    Cedric
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Remember when most players wore mashups of regular armor instead of costumes?
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Aeries wrote: »
    Remember when people failed to cancel back tent and the whole kraken run failed?

These are all bad things.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Drusa wrote: »
    Aeries wrote: »

These are all bad things.

the more I hear about the "old vindi" the more I hate it lmao this all sounds boring af
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    the more I hear about the "old vindi" the more I hate it lmao this all sounds boring af

It doesn't have to fit everyone's taste. At least the more mature part of the community found fun in it.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295

It doesn't have to fit everyone's taste. At least the more mature part of the community found fun in it.

can u explain to me how u find 2 hours S2 raids fun? :D and don't gimme the good old answer "cuz it was challenging haha ecsdedededede" :o cuz S2 was ez af even if low stats... PvPing in boats was also boring af to participate in and watch... 8 man raids just made it laggy af... and idk honestly I've never seen a single good point in favor to the old vindi :'c ... but I guess the mature part of the community is right and afking in boats all day was vindi's prime <3 O3O
  • mycow8memycow8me
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    remember when there was a matrix style kraken glitch?

Remember life and times vids?

Remember when Shayla called during raid cause reasons?

Remember when the lag was so stronk it divided your character by 0?

Got a few really old pics:
    2012_01_24_0000.jpg
    2011_09_03_0007.jpg
    2011_11_26_0001.jpg

Almost all my vindi old screenies were lost in the great hard drive crash of 2016. May they rest in peace.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355

can u explain to me how u find 2 hours S2 raids fun? :D and don't gimme the good old answer "cuz it was challenging haha ecsdedededede" :o cuz S2 was ez af even if low stats... PvPing in boats was also boring af to participate in and watch... 8 man raids just made it laggy af... and idk honestly I've never seen a single good point in favor to the old vindi :'c ... but I guess the mature part of the community is right and afking in boats all day was vindi's prime <3 O3O

And what do we have now ? 7 raids and.... yeah nothing else. Aiden? Kappa
    No hero mode, no break off parties, no teamwork just braindead dps. Wow so much fun these days man.... i can see it from the 5 ppl in ch1.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited August 29, 2018
    Cedric wrote: »
    And what do we have now ? 7 raids and.... yeah nothing else. Aiden? Kappa
    No hero mode, no break off parties, no teamwork just braindead dps. Wow so much fun these days man.... i can see it from the 5 ppl in ch1.

11 raids if you include Special. 13 if you include Redeemers. 16 if you include Niflheim (which is still relevant and, to me, fun). 17 if you include RAR. TD and SG were, in some ways, more fun to farm than Aiden or Donegal (less fun in other ways), but overall I think the variety today is pretty good.

Hero mode exists for S3 but very few people bother to run it as it's not very time efficient.

Break offs still exist, they've just lost value and are more forgiving. I don't really mind since putting the entire fight on hold while everybody tries to spear a dude in his left nostril wasn't really that fun.

Boss design has changed, sure - most bosses do still have little quirks which require party members to assist each other but it's not as pronounced as it used to be. Is this a bad thing? I don't think so. I find the boss design more exciting now in terms of moveset variety and aggression (i.e. they are more fun to fight), even if reliance on party members has been toned down.

--

I didn't play this game in S1 but I played heavily throughout S2 and while I miss certain things from that period, I firmly believe that the game is better today. Many (many, many) needed QoL improvements, gearing isn't nearly as punishing or frustrating, more content is accessible to a larger portion of the playerbase, performance is better (both client performance and server stability), boss design in my opinion has gotten better and more interesting, the population is still OK, the community is actually nicer if you avoid these forums, and most of all it seems like Nexon has finally given devCAT leeway to push the game in a truly positive direction with future updates.

There are of course some glaring issues in today's Vindictus as well - most notably gear scaling in relation to boss strength, but nothing's perfect.

It's nice to reminisce sometimes but nostalgia is just that - nostalgia. I would not want to go back to the old Vindi.

Just my 2c.
  • beldandybeldandy
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I made part of my fortune selling them , old days ^-^
    My personal (un)favorite: Remember when Ortel Castle Succubus was worth our time for those Enthusiastics? ;)

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375

I'm talking about S1.

Most of the game's mechanics were the same, and there were also a lot of active boats. PvP'ing on the boats was optional just like the Boss Brawl and later the other kind of pvp opportunities. Doing the special mechanics of the bosses was also optional but advised except for Lionotus because of his hp regeneration. You could facetank every other boss if you wanted to. However there was no hp scaling and the highest achievable attack speed was around between 50 and 60.

But this is a nostalgia thread not meant to convince you or other people who have never played it that the old version was better. It's well-known that both old and new versions of the game have many pros and cons. I feel like petty egomaniac people like you tend to perceive it as some kind of fight and think that someone wants to convince them.
    Prototypemind
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    The olden days of:
    Jokes, fashion, spears, and foolery while waiting for boats to fill for a train
    Being able to run anything almost any hour with a full party
    Hourly lag; it was coming, the question was always simply how bad it would be
    Naked Hero Giant and seeing how many times you could avoid decorating the floor
    RAR, going for breaks on Elchy, needing to ballista him down during flight, and being useful as a bucket bearer even if you were a no gear scrublord nub
    Getting help from others as you leveled, and helping new players as they came up. That and random boats were what got the friend list filled
    S1 & S2 raid trains
    Bosses with interesting mechanics like Colru, regular Glas, Giant, etc., where teamwork saved peeps or made break offs happen
    Thor taking people's heads off even if they were geared
    Discovering the scale of Ortel Castle the first few times

Ah, the memories
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    Ah yeees..Brokedictus, how I miss it :)

Cant forget the slow motion bugs

and when party leaders disconnect and throw you on randoms spots

• EvilHarpoEvilHarpo
    Remember coming back from battle in broken armor. Remember jump...
  • EvilHarpoEvilHarpo
    Jump was a thing, Evie’s jump attacks we fun.
  • ChillingoutChillingout
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Yes