[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hardware specs to focus on ? Buying a laptop

MizoraMizora
Vindictus Rep: 730
in Tech Support
need to get a new laptop soon and I want one that I can comfortably vindy on..

...however I heard that the game itself is so poorly optimized that good specs won't proportionally mean better experience so I was wondering if anyone has any idea on what I should get or focus on getting.. I don't play any other game so just one <15inch good enough for vindictus is fine... (I'll attach a monitor)

If anyone knows any details about this much appreciated! Bonus points if you can straight up find me a laptop sale +fight!!

Comments

• TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    The faster the cpu, the better off you will be. A dedicated gpu is also convenient for offloading some of the stress, but vindi doesn't make the most use of your gpu anyways.
  • NavNav
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    edited July 9, 2018
    CPU and RAM, If you really wanna laptop then minimum is i7 7700hq with 1050 TI (better 1060). Maybe i5 7300hq + GTX 1060 could handle, but even with i7 7700hq 100% smooth gameplay not guaranteed, especially in party.
    If you wanna really smooth guaranteed gameplay and less noise then - desktop, btw you even have monitor. CPU i5 8400/8600 (Min I3 8300) (Amd - no) video 1060 (min 1050 TI). Btw desktop will be around x2 cheaper for same performance if you are on budget.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited July 23, 2018
    Mizora wrote: »
    If anyone knows any details about this much appreciated! Bonus points if you can straight up find me a laptop sale +fight!!

What's your price range?

Nav wrote: »
    If you wanna really smooth guaranteed gameplay and less noise then - desktop, btw you even have monitor. CPU i5 8400/8600 (Min I3 8300) (Amd - no) video 1060 (min 1050 TI). Btw desktop will be around x2 cheaper for same performance if you are on budget.

I'm just going to interject in regards to you saying no to AMD. In a desktop environment, AMD's Ryzen holds up very well when maintaining smooth gameplay even when hosting.
    Nav
  • adyrocksadyrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    i know probably is to late but don't get a new laptop based on what is need it for vindictus
    this game can not use multicore and is dx9 based so is far to be up to date