[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

A new Game

OmniSnakeOmniSnake
Vindictus Rep: 800
edited July 5, 2018 in Off Topic Discussion
We will have another game like Vindictus, something like 2.0, or a game with the same combat stile...? Not like BDO...

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Vindi 2.0 is not very likely, I think.
    Monster Hunter World (currently only for consoles, but the PC version will come out this year) or Dauntless might be your best bet. Those are the only games I know of that have a very similar combat style to Vindictus.
    OmniSnake
  • OmniSnakeOmniSnake
    Vindictus Rep: 800
    We need a Vindictus revamp. This game cannot die.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited July 11, 2018
    I don't mind if they create a slightly different combat system eliminating the boring LLR combos and changing them to more reasonable combos like the special moves in DMC, Castlevania and Dark Souls. Also need a unique story without copy-pasting names from different mythologies from around the world.

Another thing i would like to see being changed is the way combos are executed. I don't know if any game developer ever implemented this, but for example you start off with a few basic moves like attack (slash, thrust, etc.), run, step backward/sideward/forward, dodge etc., then you could freely combine them using the momentum of the previous move. BDO is very close to that, because you can skip most of the skills' animations and do more complex combos that save you some stamina, but it doesn't exactly work like what i have thought of. This way the moves could be executed more smoothly one after another, and then the stamina consumption and the damage inflicted would be calculated based on the previous move's momentum, like if you do a thrusting attack after dodging, your character would inflict a higher damage than with a thrusting attack that is executed while standing, then you could do another dodge if you want, and another thrusting or slashing attack and so on. You could spam them, but you also need to watch out for your stamina to do these moves effectively. Also every attack could be chargeable, like when you press the button for one move longer, then it doesn't skip the animation but instead executes the entire animation, and this could be done only when you're not doing any other moves beside moving in a direction. Another example if you run forward and dodge, then the dodging distance would be extended based on your movement speed. This one is pretty basic, since most of the game engines can measure velocity without a rigid body attached and it basically works like that when you put together a character controller script for the first time. Animation transitions could also be made with most of the game engines like Unity's avatar masks, animation layers and inverse kinematics (IK). The latter could be pre-calculated since IK is mainly for robotics, and real-time calculation could degrade the performance of the game. In short this is what i have thought of.

In my opinion something like this could be the perfect combat system for a hack and slash game.
    OmniSnake
  • FluentFluent
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    I wish, if this game does not seem to hold itself up anymore, devCAT will make a console game for Vindictus that is not hampered by micro-transactions, enhance/enchant rates, etc.
    OmniSnake
  • AshuraAshura
    Vindictus will never die