[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gale Strike/Flora Break Block - fixed on KR?

LillieVirideLillieViride
Vindictus Rep: 1,095
edited July 1, 2018 in Lynn
Does anyone know if either of these skills function like they (seemingly) should on KR server? (For example, not working against Keaghan's zones, Lugh's last hit of his spin2win, Rupa's roll etc)

Edit- Did some more testing and found a bunch of things that don't seem to work, if anyone was wondering:

Abomination's collapse
Ancient Glas' 1st hit of sword-in-ground spin attack
Dulla's aoes
Dulla's landing after he spins in the air
Dulla's final hit of his air spin to thrust
Arcana's aoes
Arcana's two-proc punch
Arcana's long distance charge
Aes' aoes
Aes' slow orbs after the spinning lasers
Basically everything Neam does (Neit seems okay)

When testing these with a friend, it seems these attacks also pass through the invincibility given by Jade Fox with glaive.

Comments

• SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    If you have a fiona , all attacks that will break through normal guard (that must be perfect guarded or heavy stander) , would also break lynn's .
    Use more tab therefore, lynn's block basically equals to Fiona's imperfect guard
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Ah, but how come these attacks still pass through jade? And there doesn't seem to be any information about these skills working like Fiona's imperfect guard anywhere in the skill info... it still seems to me that it's unintended.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Same reason as stated, Jade's super armours are deemed effective only to "weak attack" aka attack that can't break through fiona's imperfect guard.

It is not mentioned in skill descriptions, instead there should be something like "could absorb most of attacks" something like that idr
    edited July 3, 2018
    Well that's incredibly disappointing. I've actually stopped doing Arcana due to how awful it feels without a functioning block compared to other characters/weapons. Seems like newer raids+ redeemers are getting more and more things that do this with Lynn.
    Might have to change main, or just stop playing... not like there's much keeping people around atm anyway.

Thanks for the info.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Lynn in general relies more on the dodge and evading mechanic though. Might just change a perspective and use more evasion instead of blocking.

edited July 3, 2018
    I realize that, and it's what I do all the time since these skills are so unreliable. I'd never even thought about using skill awakening before Battleshade, but since Soaring Bullet is so much more integral to how the weapon works due to the block skills not working with so many attacks, it's the first awakening (Sp reduct.) I've ever felt like I need to have active to be able to efficiently dodge+ attack.

It's especially evident in Arcana with her 3-hit combo that ends in the small aoe punch to the ground (the one that doesn't cause a damage area to spawn on you if you're far away), which is remarkably easy to dodge and counter with Glaive, but if trying to with Battleshade - without Soaring Bullet - you have to use both first and second movement dodges to have i-frames long enough to avoid getting hit, though doing this leaves you with little time to attack.

It was so awkward to play with before investing in skill awakening, and it's why it's disappointing that something like Gale Strike doesn't work with it, when it could be used to both block the hit and then connect to either Bloom Storm or Bloom Crush in the attack window provided by it, as an alternative to using Soaring Bullet.

I guess I'm just worried that the skills will become more worthless over time, as they seem unable to be used as much in 95 raids as opposed to 90, and in Neamhain they're nearly completely pointless outside of Neit.