[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Question] Weapon destruction at +9 ???

OfeliaOfelia
Vindictus Rep: 620
edited July 1, 2018 in General Discussion
I've been go for a little under a year. I was thinking, I'd pick up where I left off and finish up my weapon.
When did they add item go boom at 9 ?

z9NbTWZ
kcbdyc.jpg

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 1, 2018
    Always been a thing, booming from +9 - > 10

If anything, the only change was sub-90 gear doesn't boom until post +10(But they cap at +12 and have negligible add)
  • OfeliaOfelia
    oh...... so, i've got a rock then ? +sad
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Welcome to vindictus.
    Jinyie
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    f
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    It's been always like that. The success chances were significantly increased for both weapons (at least till some point) and armors. If you need details: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10979/enhancement
    Akakashi
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Hey doesn't it warn you of weapon destruction before it lets you go through with the enhance?
  • AkakashiAkakashi
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    Those rates don't even seem fair. From 1 to 8 it doesn't seem too bad. Destruction from 9 to 20 is a huge gap.

From +8 Idk how anyone is even lucky enough to succeed more 12 levels without using any runes.

I've heard of rumors on youtube showing theories where they purposely break a bunch of extra weapons to increase their luck at enhancing their main weapon.

Do you think there's any evidence to support these claims?

• OfeliaOfelia
    Jinyie wrote: »
    Hey doesn't it warn you of weapon destruction before it lets you go through with the enhance?

I was going off data from before the enchanting update. So, I did my normal click click click : fail = reduction / dur loss [not 9->10 = boom update]

I should read all the update patches
    Akakashi wrote: »
    Those rates don't even seem fair. From 1 to 8 it doesn't seem too bad. Destruction from 9 to 20 is a huge gap.

From +8 Idk how anyone is even lucky enough to succeed more 12 levels without using any runes.

I've heard of rumors on youtube showing theories where they purposely break a bunch of extra weapons to increase their luck at enhancing their main weapon.

Do you think there's any evidence to support these claims?

This has been talked into the wall from what I've looked into.

9 > 10 boom is unfair on 90~95 gear and is not easier from 1-10 on 1~80 gear.
    The amount from times my gear reset from 8~10 on -80 gear is countless +meh

• DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Destruction past +8 was always a thing.
  • KurodoKurodo
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    There was a window that popped up that warned you it would blow up if you failed.

+9 and higher has been destruction on fail since enhancement past +5 has been a thing.
  • KurodoKurodo
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    Save up seals of bravery for the 100% chance +11 and +12 runes for lv90 weapons. If you dont plan on selling it or going for higher, the +13 rune is also 100% but you can no longer trade it.

There are also unstable enhancement runes, but they're pretty pricey and will be consumed even if you succeed.