[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Max dps on whip ?

DnemisisDnemisis
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited June 29, 2018 in Arisha
I am having a bit of trouble finding out how to do really good dps with whip. cant really seem to find many rotations. Anyone able to help me out ?

Comments

• SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 29, 2018
    I haven't played whip in party much , but in solo you basically just stay in mana mode during the whole raid and charge your mana gauge by using more counter ASD

Try to don't waste any counter openings for the Active skill SP reductions .

All active skills on risha are basically "useless" for dps rotation except maybe the 750 SP one in some very special occasion

so basically

1).Building up your first pile of SP with the starting mana
    2).Spam the normal L , not the block-L combo (in most cases ) cuz the normal L builds stacks faster
    3).Use the R smash whenever you hit 20 stacks
    4).Use as much Block ASD as you can , don't waste opening. Multi block ASD could buff the damage even further.
    5).There's no many good use of her active SP skills yet (exclude the buff skills)
  • DnemisisDnemisis
    Samalenko wrote: »
    I haven't played whip in party much , but in solo you basically just stay in mana mode during the whole raid and charge your mana gauge by using more counter ASD

All active skills on risha are basically "useless" for dps rotation except maybe the 750 SP one in some very special occasion

so basically

2).Spam the normal L , not the block-L combo (in most cases ) cuz the normal L builds stacks faster
    4).Use as much Block ASD as you can , don't waste opening. Multi block ASD could buff the damage even further.
    5).There's no many good use of her active SP skills yet (exclude the buff skills)

What do you mean by multi block ASD ?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Dnemisis wrote: »

so basically

Mana Agrement , AD=Normal mana agrement, ASD=50 SP enhanced mana agrement
    Also each successful consecutive block would increase the damage by 50%, up to 3 stacks aka. 150%
  • DnemisisDnemisis
    Dnemisis wrote: »

so basically

Mana Agrement , AD=Normal mana agrement, ASD=50 SP enhanced mana agrement
    Also each successful consecutive block would increase the damage by 50%, up to 3 stacks aka. 150%

Ah ok. So its better to use it after you block 3 different things instead of using it every time you block something ?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    It is better off countering each individual attack as many as possible . This is just in case when you are getting consecutive attacks , don't do dodge>block like Spellsword, do all block in this scenario and counter at the very end
  • DnemisisDnemisis
    It is better off countering each individual attack as many as possible . This is just in case when you are getting consecutive attacks , don't do dodge>block like Spellsword, do all block in this scenario and counter at the very end

Ah alright. I have been getting 10 stacks with the normal whip and then switching to magic and getting the rest. Idk if this is what you are ment to do or if there is a better way of getting the 20 stacks. Also is the S W active skill very good ?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    I don't switch, I rather stay in mana mode during the whole raid.
    You charge your mana mainly through Agrement , the normal mode mana charging speed is laughably low.
  • DnemisisDnemisis
    I don't switch, I rather stay in mana mode during the whole raid.
    You charge your mana mainly through Agrement , the normal mode mana charging speed is laughably low.

Oh I see. I guess thats where I have been going wrong. Are any of the actives useful ? Like the one that you can use out of pressing rmb or during left clicks you can press S W and do the active.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko

so basically

• KirraKirra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    I haven't done solo mode, but for raids you wanna do the same as Sama said, but instead you're spamming mana agrament bomb thing after the crack on your whip to build mana. (Because you won't be able to get all the blocks in or much in general since the boss will be running around, I found this is the best way to quickly build mana and keep up dps). Then once you have enough just build 20 stacks and right click.
  • KissForkKissFork
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited July 9, 2018
    incorrect. the only useless skill i see is the one that recovers like no health oh and removes fatigue from shock.
    Mana Capriccon is a great long invincible frame and ignores red attacks.
    Inspiration is wonders when you want to burst damage and burn through stamina.
    Mana Agrement not only gives good Mana but also gives good SP too, AND if you use the ASD Mana Agrement it does stupid damage and restors the lost sp you used to use it.. I play without using mana bis in the beginning till i get to 10 stacks, i dont go into mana bis till im at full mana, till then i snap at 10 and ASD Agrement. I use Receding interlude almost after every 3rd hit to keep myself far enough not to get hit and close enough to be in range to land attacks and it also counts towards your stacks and is good for skipping animations to get ready for snap faster.
    Fierce Rondo is perfect for clearing mobs fast even though you can gather mobs together and Enhanced Mana Agrement and one shot most regulars.
    Stringendo Strike i use if someone is holding the boss or if the boss flinches and really its more viable to use it in mana bis mode.
    thats pretty much how you secure a high position on the dps chart though..
    Side Note*
    I was experimenting with changing between mana bis with 20 stacks and crit for 97k against Agony and Despair with only 24k M.ATT
    Floatnhi