[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

this product cannot be installed

ElrandisElrandis
Vindictus Rep: 210
in Tech Support
I have an error "this product cannot be installed". What i can do with it?
Dekapitator

Comments

• AnduriAnduri
    Vindictus Rep: 1,515
    same i am getting a Exception Code to please help :(:(
  • AnduriAnduri
    Vindictus Rep: 1,515
    edited April 2, 2018
    moving post to new one
  • YakuzamaYakuzama
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    the problem its solved?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Elrandis wrote: »
    I have an error "this product cannot be installed". What i can do with it?

Can we get some more info? Are you having an issue with the launcher or is this an error when the launcher tries to install Vindictus? Are you using steam? etc.
  • DekapitatorDekapitator
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited June 17, 2018
    I have very same problem. I was talking with GM on tech support, made tons of tests myself and I have some clues. But lets start from the beginning.

I can't download patch or whole game via Nexon launcher, because it say's "this product cannot be installed". So I tried to reinstall this. But when I uninstalled and tried to install, there's only vindictus folder and appdata folder in it, nothing more. First thing what I done is try to patch game on my old laptop, but same result. This gave first clue: Maybe it's not problem with PC, but with my router.

So if it's my router problem I connected my smartphone, turned on mobile data and tethering. Now, my smartphone is my router with which I connecting to server. And in this case Vindictus started downloading. But when I changed back to router it stuck. I asked on guild, I got next tip: use steam to download game. Grat idea, I downloaded game without any problems. I started a game, tries to log in to server and what I saw? This:

unknown.png

No server avaiable. So again first thing what I done is to connect my smartphone. In this case, I log in without problem. So I switch back to router without logout. I got disconnected from game (obviously). But there was still server list (+yay). I'm trying to enter my region, but I got error:

unknown.png

And game closed. All tries made with GM assistance on tech support was only local on my PC, not router. Additionally, I checked if any port is blocked by my router (it's not) and if I have UPnP enabled.

Conclusion: probably net provider problem, I will call them tomorrow and try to fix this if it's their fault. If not, we need to fix this ourselfs. GM open a ticket for me with this problem, so I will update this problem to tech support. I also pin this topic and keep it updated.

@Edit

I tried to connect with VPN, it's working. But of course thats not a solution for it, just another clue.

And I called my provider. They said, I'm behind double NAT (but I doubt it). And only option is to make my IP public.

@Edit 2

Today Vindictus started downloading like nothing happens. Not sure what happen.