[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

We can change Vin's fate!

Comments

  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    Posts: 85
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018

    Man you really made vindictus into a part of your life, you should get out more. The community has 0 power, if you've played this game the most feedback we ever had during all the years we had in this game was: "we forwarded your suggestions" end of that, never ever have we changed anything with our suggestions, you're just another dumbass who's getting used, and you can't see it. Literally the same type of people that keep going to the casino hoping to win, when they are indebt.

    They give no info, because they won't say, "our contract with the servers has gone by, and we won't bother spending money to renew them, because you guys don't pay enough money for us to make it worth and pay our salary"

    I'm not gonna turn this thread into a personal fight but i'll say a couple of things.

    Vindictus is my favourite game in my spared time (after all my duties irl).
    The fact ppl like it so much doesn't mean they should 'get out more', it's just a matter of "tastes".
    We surely like the game more than you. That's a subjective thing and not criticizable by both parts.
    If you're a game hopper who ditch everything everywhere so easily or you don't like this game as much as most ppl here it's your own problem.

    IF there's someone who should go out more, at most, that's you since your sh1tposts are everywhere in any thread that comes out lately. I read some threads lately and i see you everywhere you and your useless saltiness with 0 value arguments.
    I assume you have a lot of spare time.

    That said..

    if you're against what is being said here why you don't simply LEAVE and let ppl with surely more knowledge discuss the matter?
    We already got your point and your 2cents.
    Or i have to assume you just like to counter ppl on a matter that yourself isn't interested and not support at all? Isn't that kinda pointless?

    So just leave pls.
    Jinyie
  • RaptorBugRaptorBug
    Vindictus Rep: 760
    Posts: 15
    Member
    Alote players cant play because they have ip block they need change that cr....
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,525
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    WALL OF TEXT
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    We had a GM online two days ago in channel 2 around 8:45 PM central time.

    Fair enough, I am only logging occasionally so I could've missed it. Also since the subject on this point is the staff I'd like to touch on one thing...

    SirRFI wrote: »
    Back when I wrote the mentioned informative threads, I requested them to be sticked - at least 2 or 3 times. They are not even now, which doesn't help visibility. In speak of which - I volunteer to be the forum's moderator. Not to punish people for writing in wrong section or something (unless really necessary), but to clean up the place and encourage people to use it more.

    Nexon staff please consider consider this. I doubt anyone was as invested as SirRFI/Nocatia on this forum and back on the old EU forum.

    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I agree that there is nothing wrong with addressing the concerns of a game dying. My problem lies in the fact that sometime last month I clicked the general discussions link only to be greeted by six dead game threads on the first page. Nearly all of them were doing nothing but spewing the same dead game crap without offering any kind of solution. Look, we can have a dead game thread, but notice how I said thread and not threads. We only need one, and it needs to be a proper thread where concerns/potential solutions are actually discussed, not a circle jerk where people repeat the same thing over and over without offering anything productive. And by solutions, I mean something we can do. It's obvious our suggestions aren't taken seriously, so with that in mind the game is in our hands. The question is what are we going to do with it?

    I can agree on one thing, were there too many forum threads complaining about the game dying? 100%, it all could've been fit into one thread. But let me ask you this... When did ANY of the Nexon staff address these things? I mean, even if people are complaining there were legitimate suggestions in those threads and none of those are addressed. Another thing, there is no staff to moderate these forums (which is why I support SirRFI being a mod here). Things are going out of control. The community has been kept in the dark for so long with so many things, which is why I understand people that are causing commotions over this topic.

    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I also disagree about this game being P2W. Go play Runes of Magic from GameForge for a while, then come back and tell me Vin is still P2W. I bet you'll come to appreciate how much of a fp2 friendly game Vindictus actually is.

    I've played Allods Online, Forsaken World, DCU and many many more. Trust me, I know how P2W games can be and I understand that Vindictus is not close to their caliber but it doesn't change that cashers still have quite a significant advantage over regular players. But well, I'm not gonna stick to this topic much because I'm pretty low on time and there are others things which I want to address.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    We can do something and we do hold power. The game may have been made by KR and their target audience is KR, but if NA/EU is making enough bank, then our servers should be kept alive. Doing what we can do preserve our existing players plus bringing in and retaining new players can make a difference. It will take effort and I'm willing to make that effort unlike some.

    I'm actually curious if there were any suggestions made on our forums that made any sort of impact on the game. I've been playing Vindi for over 4 years with breaks (started in 2012) and I can't recall any.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    So what if a recommended person quits after 1-2 months? There's still the underlying opportunity that they will bring someone into the game with them as well. Who knows, that extra person may end up staying. That alone is worth it.

    If so many people that leave an MMO after such a period of time that is a big concern. There must be a reason why they left and I doubt that they'd suggest a game to someone while explaining their reason why they left and putting a higher impact on that than the actual gameplay.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    The gearing system is only bullshit if you make it so. If you can't be happy with +8 armor and a +13 weapon, then you're only screwing yourself in the pursuit of power. You can safely enhance a level 90-95 set to +8 without destruction chance, and you can rune you weapon to +13 through the seal shop. As for enchants, buy 100% scraps so you ain't gotta play the RNG game on enchants. Doesn't seem so bad now does it? Sure you're not gonna be top dog, but it's more than enough to get you by in every fight the game as to offer.

    The gearing system is bullshit because it makes players feel **** about themselves. You can't tell me that it isn't a slap in the face when someone tries their first weapon and it goes to +15 and you tried more than 50 weapons and none of them went above +13*. And no you won't be happy with a +13 lv90 weapon and +8 armor because you are gonna feel **** in raids because you will lack the power to contribute in any way.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I personally do feel rewarded after a boss fight even if I don't get a good drop. The reason is because I enjoy the fight purely for what it is. It's an opportunity for me to do better than I did last time and push myself to play better.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    This may strike you as odd, but it doesn't become boring to me no matter how many times I do a fight. Just a little backstory, but I'm a kingdom hearts fan & back in 2011, I had the JP version of Kh2 Final mix imported. At the end of the game, a bonus area was unlocked where you could fight supped up version of some bosses. I've probably played each one of those boss fights hundreds of times and I still find them fun because no two fights are alike even if it's against the same foe. I feel the same way about Vin's fights. I know its weird but I'm a sucker for hack n slash where skill is a high factor.

    I can understand this and that's great. Vindictus has the best combat system than any other game, which IS the reason why I played the game in the first place. But what happens when you learn every boss and you start doing every boss flawlessly? But then again I am kinda bias on this particular point because PvE got too repetitive for me.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I'll be honest, but I've never really done pvp in Vin. I've never done siege or any other form of pvp aside from trading in arena. Because of that, I won't say anything due to my lack of knowledge here.

    I do respect your reply a lot on this particular point. The thing which I tried to prove with it is that no matter how good and positive suggestions may be for the game it's all up to Korea to see whether or not they'll be implemented. As stated previously, the amount of suggestions and constructive feedback DesireOfMine and me (and some more) gave to the developers were not taken into consideration simply due to one reason (I won't say for sure that it was our suggestions that they responded to, but it was in one of the translated interviews which I can't find the link to - I'll edit this if I find it). PvP is not in our players most interest therefore we don't have any plans for it. Now, despite EU (and NA but idk to which extent) had a pretty decent PvP audience (despite people so desperately wanting to deny it) was ignored MAINLY because it doesn't fit the narrative of KR and obviously those people have left the game. So to put it in retrospect, as passionate as you are with this thread I was the same but regarding the PvP side of Vindictus.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna strike a nerve with some people by saying this, but I think that if you buy a gacha, you're an idiot that fell for the scam. From what I read earlier this year when the topic was more relevant, nexon was lying about % chances of gachas and blah blah. You know what tho? I genuinely don't care because I've never bought a gacha in this game over the 8 years I've played. I don't spend my money on chances, but rather only spend on a guaranteed return. In a casino, the odds are always in favor of the house, and the same goes for gachas. I didn't need this whole lawsuit thing happening to know that gachas are a scam.

    Now, this is part where I really want to be as nice as possible. Personally, this doesn't affect me at all as I've never spent any sort of money on this game, but saying that people are idiots for financially supporting the game and then being flipped off... I'm sorry but this argument is so broken that I don't even know how to respond to it.
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I would show people that Nexon got called out for the gacha scheme, but follow up by mentioning that despite this, they still have a fun product that's worth supporting. (Supporting doesn't necessarily have to mean paying money).

    Fair enough. But you do have to agree that if NexonNA doesn't step their game up (by a mile and even then it might be too late) that this game won't live. The best hope that Vindictus has if it gets sold to another publisher, but even then it'd be a big question mark if things could improve enough to heal the game from the damage that has been done.


    *Personally I've had huge luck with RNG in this game. I made 3 +14s from 3 weapons that I've tried on my Vella. My problem with the gear progression is that most of your enhance progress depends purely on luck which is pushing people away when they see others succeed and themselves failing. Another thing, just because +13 weap and +8 gear makes a raid playable doesn't mean that it's enjoyable.

    My reply isn't as aesthetic and there are probably a lot of mistakes, but sadly I'm too short on time to correct it.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Posts: 87
    Member
    Lol anyone who think we have any power of keeping the game ongoing is crazy....
    The only thing that can keep the game alive is money profit ..if you think that with these posts or telling your friends to try the game will achieve anything you are crazy again.

    Money keep the game alive and to make money you need a game with a better design that vindi has now. The game is far fron what is used to be and if the veterans who love the game so much dont play it anymore you can be sure new player wont do it also simply because the game kinda suks since a "while" and even that impecable combat syatem is turnig slowly into a gear facetank mobs.
    The company killed the game by itself and the choices they made and the fact they refuse to admit and revert the rise uptade changes which were bad from the begini g.

    Dont get me wrong i like the game and i would love to see it as it was in the past alive...but i doubt will happen. As i said money keep the games alive and with a bad designed game as vindi is now it wont attract new players. Im sorry but if you think you have any power you are wrong and you basically cant change anything simple as that.
    QuinqueDrachusTheStatsHeroPrototypemindRaptorBugAnduriCuraiHotaru
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Posts: 293
    Member
    I admire your enthusiasm, but it's probably too far gone. This isn't your burden to bear, anyways.

    Nexon is a business, and they own devCAT. A series of unfortunate decisions were made long ago, and not so long ago, that brought us to this point.

    I'd say just appreciate the time you've had with this game, and make your peace with it. It's not on you to make up for their shortcomings.
    DrachusPrototypemind
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    Posts: 90
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Just thought I'd add that as of recent, Vindi's PR has been asking for feedback on social media and even responding back.

    You can take that as you will as I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories and whatnot, but the past two recent optimizations (network and UI) along with this is notable and surprising to say the least. I'm sure many of you will call it a last-ditch effort or pointless, but better later than never.

    Although, I'd also prefer more communication on the forums.

    https://facebook.com/Vindictus/.
    CloakshirenoctredDrachusQuinque
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,460
    Posts: 646
    Member
    Cedric wrote: »
    Lol anyone who think we have any power of keeping the game ongoing is crazy....
    The only thing that can keep the game alive is money profit ..if you think that with these posts or telling your friends to try the game will achieve anything you are crazy again.

    Money keep the game alive and to make money you need a game with a better design that vindi has now. The game is far fron what is used to be and if the veterans who love the game so much dont play it anymore you can be sure new player wont do it also simply because the game kinda suks since a "while" and even that impecable combat syatem is turnig slowly into a gear facetank mobs.
    The company killed the game by itself and the choices they made and the fact they refuse to admit and revert the rise uptade changes which were bad from the begini g.

    Dont get me wrong i like the game and i would love to see it as it was in the past alive...but i doubt will happen. As i said money keep the games alive and with a bad designed game as vindi is now it wont attract new players. Im sorry but if you think you have any power you are wrong and you basically cant change anything simple as that.

    I've already had to clarify this twice for people. Let me grab this quote from the first page so you can better understand that I mean by the community's power.

    Cloakshire wrote: »
    The community holds exactly 0 power, if you've been playing since 2010, you'd surely realise by now that the community is simply a money tree, there is nothing that can be done, as we have 0 contact with any GMs or Devs. Only region that will survive is KR and TW.

    This statement is a contradiction in itself. You state that the community holds zero power but then go on to say that we're simply a money tree. We may not have power in terms of what goes into the game through suggestions, but we have the power to keep NA/EU alive. I don't necessarily like the way you called the community a money tree, but that is basically what we are. If there's no community, there's no money, and no money means no game. If we pull ourselves together and actually try and make an effort in reviving our population, we can keep the game going. After all, a bigger community means more money, and more money equals a longer life for Vindictus.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,460
    Posts: 646
    Member
    So many points. I will say that regarding some of our exchanges, I feel like they've reached a conclusion so I'll only be replying to those I still have something to say about.

    Drachus wrote: »
    I can agree on one thing, were there too many forum threads complaining about the game dying? 100%, it all could've been fit into one thread. But let me ask you this... When did ANY of the Nexon staff address these things? I mean, even if people are complaining there were legitimate suggestions in those threads and none of those are addressed. Another thing, there is no staff to moderate these forums (which is why I support SirRFI being a mod here). Things are going out of control. The community has been kept in the dark for so long with so many things, which is why I understand people that are causing commotions over this topic.

    I'm glad to see someone else that agrees on the fact that there were too many of those threads. I also agree that it's a terrible thing that we got no word from Nexon nor any forum staff. This is precisely why I said that "It's obvious our suggestions aren't taken seriously, so with that in mind the game is in our hands. The question is what are we going to do with it?"

    Drachus wrote: »
    I've played Allods Online, Forsaken World, DCU and many many more. Trust me, I know how P2W games can be and I understand that Vindictus is not close to their caliber but it doesn't change that cashers still have quite a significant advantage over regular players. But well, I'm not gonna stick to this topic much because I'm pretty low on time and there are others things which I want to address.

    I was kind of hesitant to make that remark about P2W because I feel like that would open up the door for people to go off on a tangent & derail this thread. With that in mind, thank you for keeping that part brief despite the fact that you probably have much more to say. We can save that for another thread on another day.

    Drachus wrote: »
    I'm actually curious if there were any suggestions made on our forums that made any sort of impact on the game. I've been playing Vindi for over 4 years with breaks (started in 2012) and I can't recall any.

    Look, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on what I mean in my initial post. I've had to clarify this for three people now, so let me briefly explain what I mean by the power we have. I'm not talking about our power in terms of suggestions we make having an impact. What I'm referring to is the direct correlation between the community's size and revenue made. We can influence our community's size and in turn, potentially create more opportunities for revenue. More revenue equals a longer remaining life. In that regard, we do hold some power in terms of Vin's remaining lifespan.

    Drachus wrote: »
    If so many people that leave an MMO after such a period of time that is a big concern. There must be a reason why they left and I doubt that they'd suggest a game to someone while explaining their reason why they left and putting a higher impact on that than the actual gameplay.

    I agree that if many new people leave after a short period of play, there's a huge concern that needs to be addressed, but we're not talking about a bunch of people leaving. This was an initial point of whether or not you'd recommend someone to which you said no on the basis that they may leave soon. I still disagree and think that while there may be a lot of misses, there's always a chance to land a hit and find someone that wants to stay and actually does stay. That chance alone is worth the recommendation in my eyes.

    Drachus wrote: »
    The gearing system is bullshit because it makes players feel **** about themselves. You can't tell me that it isn't a slap in the face when someone tries their first weapon and it goes to +15 and you tried more than 50 weapons and none of them went above +13*. And no you won't be happy with a +13 lv90 weapon and +8 armor because you are gonna feel **** in raids because you will lack the power to contribute in any way.

    I'll answer the first point with one statement. It's only a slap in the face if you're worried about what other people have.

    Also, whether or not someone will be happy with +13 lvl 90 weapon & +8 armor is purely subjective. I personally have a +6 to +8 armor set with a +13 weapon and I'm content with what I have as well as my performance in raids. My stats are 40.2k Power (25.6k ATT/14.6K DEF) and 202 Tech (90 Bal/111 Crit). Typically in raids, I'll be in either 2nd or 3rd, but when there's a whale or two in the party, I'm gonna be last with ~14%. But you know what? I'm okay with that because in my eyes, damage is still damage. If the party wiped when the boss had 14% hp left, then the 14% I would have dealt makes a difference. Sometimes I get 1st place in raids and it feels so much sweeter because I'm not fully geared, but yet I still beat people with both more ATT and more Additional damage than me. So while I lack power, I can still contribute.

    Drachus wrote: »
    Now, this is part where I really want to be as nice as possible. Personally, this doesn't affect me at all as I've never spent any sort of money on this game, but saying that people are idiots for financially supporting the game and then being flipped off... I'm sorry but this argument is so broken that I don't even know how to respond to it.

    I don't know why but I get this odd sense that you gritted your teeth reading what I said about people buying gachas. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I view gambling in general. I think that people who buy lottery tickets & go to casinos are..... making an obviously bad choice. That's a nicer way to put it, but I feel the same way about people that buy gachas. I may have indirectly called people idiots for financially supporting the game, but that wasn't my intent so I do apologize. I called them that purely for the act of buying a gacha (gambling). There's nothing wrong with supporting the game financially, but there's other ways to do so. Buy outfitters, dyes, or other items that don't involve gambling. I realize that my view on this is bias because of my take on gambling as a whole so take this part with that in mind.

    Drachus wrote: »
    *Personally I've had huge luck with RNG in this game. I made 3 +14s from 3 weapons that I've tried on my Vella. My problem with the gear progression is that most of your enhance progress depends purely on luck which is pushing people away when they see others succeed and themselves failing. Another thing, just because +13 weap and +8 gear makes a raid playable doesn't mean that it's enjoyable.

    Going off of what I mentioned earlier in this reply, whether or not raid play is enjoyable with a +13 weapon / +8 gear is subjective.

    Drachus wrote: »
    My reply isn't as aesthetic and there are probably a lot of mistakes, but sadly I'm too short on time to correct it.

    Still, the reply overall was well made and kept our dialogue going which I appreciate. Thank you for taking the time.

    Drachus
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,420
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    Until certain changes like no 8-man, insane additional damage, and zero relevancy of old S1/S2 raids in terms of still allowing for a challenge, among other things, are made there's zero chance I'm going to return to playing regularly or spending cash. I mention that every time I've closed out the game and the survey has popped up. We're constantly giving feedback, and they've ignored most of it.

    They have banned major content creators who made the very guides and such you want others to be a part of now. KR encouraged content creators,
    EU listened to them before the merge, NA banned them. They banned players who have played for years and stonewalled their pleas to have the unjust bans reviewed. Vindi NA has done this to themselves.

    You have good intentions @Cloakshire, but you're delusional thinking that you're going to talk anyone with a modicum of self-respect or who values their money into spending again or putting serious energy into Vindi as it is.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Everything on forums is consider complaining.

    Therefore everything ignore


    Even well written criticism
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Let's give them more money for their work ONEGALUL

    join a private server. NA is dead so is EU
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,460
    Posts: 646
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Let's give them more money for their work ONEGALUL

    join a private server. NA is dead so is EU

    My reply to you good sir....
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I can already see that some of our forum regulars are going to pick this post apart and spew the same old dead game bs. Go ahead and make those posts. All that does is show us that you really don't care about the game. I'm betting that I'll be able to quote this paragraph as a reply to someone that didn't even fully read this thread before posting dead game crap.

    Quinque
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 625
    Member
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Let's give them more money for their work ONEGALUL

    join a private server. NA is dead so is EU

    My reply to you good sir....
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I can already see that some of our forum regulars are going to pick this post apart and spew the same old dead game bs. Go ahead and make those posts. All that does is show us that you really don't care about the game. I'm betting that I'll be able to quote this paragraph as a reply to someone that didn't even fully read this thread before posting dead game crap.


    I'm not defending anyone and no offence to you either, but this sentimental attitude is what is going to kill this game.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,195
    Posts: 201
    Member
    ssssh with the negativity. the "dead game don't support it" mentality is stupid and narrow minded, whether you're one of those who've given up or are trying to actually kill the game or who are trying to convince yourself that you're a hero by keeping people from spending money on a "dead game". Be more open minded and just enjoy the game or let those who like the game enjoy it and don't keep doing things that might influence new players to stop joining. There's all this negative evidence but there's also positive ones too, so don't turn a blind eye to those. I mean really what's the end goal behind all the negativity and is it really really really worth potentially screwing over the people who actually like the game and want it to live on as much as possible?
    CloakshirenoctredQuinque
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,040
    Posts: 981
    Member
    iMini wrote: »
    Just thought I'd add that as of recent, Vindi's PR has been asking for feedback on social media and even responding back.

    You can take that as you will as I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories and whatnot, but the past two recent optimizations (network and UI) along with this is notable and surprising to say the least. I'm sure many of you will call it a last-ditch effort or pointless, but better later than never.

    Although, I'd also prefer more communication on the forums.

    https://facebook.com/Vindictus/.
    Interesting. Believe or not, not everyone uses FB or wants their personal accounts related to games. Personally I am disgusted by this type of social media, but I don't blame any company following that trend for extra interaction or advertisement. That said, I'd also appreciate forum activity.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,930
    Posts: 474
    Member
    just enjoy the game while it lasts :)
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Posts: 443
    Member
    Cenobite wrote: »
    imo what killed this game is the amount of bots running around unpunished.

    Bingo. There is little to no overwatch on these pesky critters over the last 8 years. Players are spending their wallets on these gold sites and not the actual nexon site to buy NX. It's been going on unpunished for way too long, not to mention the massive 3 hackwaves this game had the first three years of its start in 2011-2013 which sent about 75% of the playerbase into a mad ragequit into other games because almost everyone had their gold and gear stripped and taken. Who's to blame? I think it's the people overseas treating this as a vending machine as someone else in this thread. No communication, nothing.

    Don't get me wrong, i don't want this game to die, it was my first mmo, still is my #1 favorite. They NEED to address these problems first in order for people to actually direct their cash to the official nexon shops! the end.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    Posts: 90
    Member
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Interesting. Believe or not, not everyone uses FB or wants their personal accounts related to games. Personally I am disgusted by this type of social media, but I don't blame any company following that trend for extra interaction or advertisement. That said, I'd also appreciate forum activity.

    The sentiment is definitely shared. I visit it every once a month or so to check up on family and friends overseas. Kr also likes posting their previews on FB before it hits their main site, so I visit every once in a while to share that info to be translated by guild or Vindictus discord translators if it hasn’t been yet.

    Here’s to hoping for an active CM again.
  • GoatanksGoatanks
    Vindictus Rep: 1,050
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited June 5, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »

    If the publishers and developers don't advertise their product, then it's up to the community to do so.

    Do you talk about Vindictus to your friends or recommend it to others? I personally do. Most people I talk to have never heard of Vindictus, but they always find what I show them interesting and some have even joined the game. I know everyone I show won't be interested enough to try it, but I'm still doing my part to keep this community going. If I can do it, so can you. The next time you're talking about games with a friend, co-worker, or whoever... ask them if they've heard of Vindictus and show them the game. Not only does this help the playerbase, but they'll be joining the game knowing that there will be people they already know. It also gives us veterans the opportunity to mentor newer players so we can create an open and friendly feel for our community. Both of these aspects will boost Vin's retention of newer players.

    I'm not saying that everyone has to spend hundreds of dollars to keep the game going, but if the community gets small enough, that may become the case. The bigger the community, the less each individual has to spend. One-hundred people spending $10 is better than ten people spending $100. They both equal out to $1000, but in one scenario, a person quitting means a 1% revenue loss while the other equals a 10% loss. This shows how important a community's size means. The only way we can bring the community size up is if we all work together and save the game we enjoy.

    youtu.be/s6MwGeOm8iI?t=855

    @Cloakshire

    Why should we do their work for them? Nobody wants this game to shut down, but you're working too hard, you're doing more than you should have to, and you're one of the players going above and beyond trying to save Vindictus.

    That's not right, Dev's and Pub's needs to at least meet us halfway and do their part as well. They need to start doing more promotional events and reward players when Vindictus reaches a certain number followers on Twitter, subscribers on Youtube, or likes on Facebook by a certain time-frame.

    Each time there's new content, they should encourage and reward players for sharing Facebook Posts. The Vindictus Facebook has over 271K Likes and 256K Followers, but most if not all of the recent posts about new content do not even have over 100 shares or likes. If the community was active enough, the Aidan and Arcana Posts should have at least 1000 shares and likes on Facebook and Youtube.

    All Nexon had to do was use their resources in social media and engage their community. It could have been as simple as an announcement saying that if these posts and videos received 1000 likes and shares on Youtube and Facebook, players would receive double gold, loot, and exp rates for a month. They didn't have to pay for Facebook or Youtube Advertisements (even though these would help bring in some more numbers), and the players did all the promotional work by sharing these news and advertising the game to their friends and family.

    If there's no reward or compensation, then there's no incentive for the community to even try. Nexon could easily receive over 100K Followers on Twitter, 100K Subscribers on Youtube, and 500K Likes and Followers on Facebook, if they offered rewards like 50% off Supply Depot Sales, Free Level 80 Characters, Free Name Changers, or Free Skins after these goals are completed within the time limit.

    Vindictus has so much potential but only if it is in the right hands. If they want this game to succeed, then they will need to utilize their resources, pay more attention to the player community, listen to feedback and suggestions, and make new changes.

    However, now is not the time to recruit new players. This game needs a lot of work and improvements before it can become stable enough to retain a larger community; and I'm not just talking about our crappy servers.

    A game solely focused on PvE has its limits. New PvE Content is only fun until players master boss patterns and unlock everything. Some players don't really care for the story or history of this game. How long will you be able to tell the story and lore of Vindictus before it ends? Developers and Publishers are placing too much emphasis and attention on their story telling abilities, thinking that players will stay and continue to play as long as they keep releasing new maps, monsters, bosses, and items.

    They need to start focus on what makes all MMO's great: PvP

    Vindictus has such great combat physics and combos but it is losing out on a lot of PvP Potential since Dev's and Pub's have nearly given up on it.

    We have no ranking system, no leaderboards, and we've never had any Official PvP Events or Tournaments. Players have no incentive to even try PvP because they do not get anything out of it.

    Who are the top ten guilds? Who are the Top Players in each of the 12 Playable Characters?

    Could players get more views and followers on Twitch or Youtube, and become famous for being Pros at Vindictus?

    Gamers are naturally competitive, and if there's no ranking system or leaderboards to show who are the best Vindictus Players, then why even try?

    Vindictus will need a new unique PvP System, such as Massive Guild PvP modes, that do not exist anywhere else on the market if it wants to compete with other games, keep up with the times, and attract new generations of players.

    Dev's and Pub's should not be so quick to give up on PvP when it has so much entertainment and marketing potential on social media.

    If the game is not dying and people are just spewing nonsense on these forums, steam, and social media, then why would we need to change Vin's fate?

    When was the last time Community Managers were actively engaged with players on forums or social media? I don't even care if they lie to our faces when they apologize or say they love us, and value our opinions and feedback - at least put in some effort and say something.

    While I do admire your optimism and efforts to save the game, the community should not have to give 100% when the company is barely putting in 10%

    Just be prepared for the worst scenario and don't be disappointed if it happens.



    Edit: These forums won't even correct the right start time on Youtube videos; just start it at 14:28.







    DrachusPishPoshPesh
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Posts: 443
    Member
    I know you mean well Cloakshire, we all do. But you're unrealistic. The signs are there. Yes we get in-game events, but they're usually recycled, if not slight variation to them (bingo, fishing, collect this or that). But there's no forum mod or CM for the last 1.5 years. That tells you already they are cutting costs on this game for the last 1.5 years. And do you think we will rise up as a community and start suddenly spending more cash on this game once we see JP die? No, actually the reverse will happen.... people will WITHHOLD their wallet from this game EVEN MORE!

    Nobody is going to continue to spend cash on Nexon when they clearly see what is happening with other regions who actually bring in more revenue than NA does, its only common sense.

    Nobody wants to spend their cash on NX or invest their time gearing up in a game when they know there is a risk of the game shutting down right around the corner. The signs are there, sadly.

    It's only going to keep going downhill from here once this news keeps spreading that JP shutdown, people are just gonna stop trying to gear up, as well as stop spending money on this game. I hate to say that, but its the only realistic future we're going to see here. This isnt a fantasy movie where suddenly everyone will start spending money on this game, just to keep NA alive, i've never seen that happen with an MMO. Usually people just migrate into a private server after the official one dies. That's it.