[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Unauthorized Program Detected

BlueRappyBlueRappy
Vindictus Rep: 1,265
edited May 25, 2018 in General Discussion
I have played Vindictus since 2014. Today I received "Unauthorized Program Detected" and got dc on EU server. I did not used any other program while playing Vindictus except google chrome. I know this topic pops up now and again but does anyone have any idea of what may trigger this? And if it happens again will I get permanently banned?

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    First two of those false alarms do effectively nothing. Third scores you a permament ban with no chance of appeal.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    The "Unauthorized Program" pop message is generic. Your account is likely flagged for suspicious activity, but if you have done nothing wrong, then just try logging on tomorrow. It's inconvenient, but there's nothing else you can really do except file a support ticket, which won't actually be necessary if you can just log back on fine the next day.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    First two of those false alarms do effectively nothing. Third scores you a permament ban with no chance of appeal.

Totally wrong. You don't get perma banned instantly. At most u are flagged and investigated later on.
    Got plenty of those blackcipher trash errors and never been banned.

The bans most of the times,if not always, are not applied instantly to not give the cheater/hacker or whatever the chance to understand at what point they failed and what they should fix etc.

Most of the times that error appear when blackcipher got stuck/frozen which happen quite often lately, and you can't really understand it cause it doesn't throw any error message. You have to restart the game and be sure that you closed all vindi/bc/nexon runtime processes before u restart.

Another annoying thing of blackcipher is that he keep scanning your harddrive, continuously for the whole time u're in game, eating cpu resource and slowing down the game by A LOT especially when hosting because the continous unnecessary access to the disk.
    You can check by yourself BC activity in the taskmanager -> Resource Monitor -> Disk.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615

Totally wrong. You don't get perma banned instantly. At most u are flagged and investigated later on.
    Got plenty of those blackcipher trash errors and never been banned.

The bans most of the times,if not always, are not applied instantly to not give the cheater/hacker or whatever the chance to understand at what point they failed and what they should fix etc.

Most of the times that error appear when blackcipher got stuck/frozen which happen quite often lately, and you can't really understand it cause it doesn't throw any error message. You have to restart the game and be sure that you closed all vindi/bc/nexon runtime processes before u restart.

Another annoying thing of blackcipher is that he keep scanning your harddrive, continuously for the whole time u're in game, eating cpu resource and slowing down the game by A LOT especially when hosting because the continous unnecessary access to the disk.
    You can check by yourself BC activity in the taskmanager -> Resource Monitor -> Disk.

This explains why the game is so terribly optimized