[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Seems I just wasted 68 million gold. Or not,

StrayerStrayer
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited May 17, 2018 in General Discussion
So, wanting to delete a character, but didn't want the 68 million gold (or whatever the currency is called in this game, I am a returning player, left back in 2013) to go to waste. Tried mailing it to my main. NOPE, won't allow it. So then, I figured I'd buy a bunch of stuff off the auction house, then send it to my main to use and/or sell. NOPE, won't allow it outside of the weapons and armor I bought. Mostly blew my money on elixirs and powder. My character with all this crap on it is 7 lvls away from 60, but I figure the elixirs/powders aren't allowed in shared storage. This correct? Anyone help me out? Have a lot of valuable things on this character I don't want to go to waste. Pain enough I have to wait 2 days for the character to delete. Deleting her because I need to free up the name, and don't feel like playing the class anymore.

I tried reselling the powders and elixirs on the AC to get the gold back. Won't allow that either. Wth?

Comments

• LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I got a character from lv 20 something to level 60 yesterday. Wanted to see all of Miri's move sets. Miri and Delia at lv60 to try again when new weapons release. I've a lv95 Lynn and Arisha rest being 80s.

You have made a gold coin mistake, I have made much worse calls. Good luck on getting the most amount back from it.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    What you need to check for each item is whether it's bound to you. When you hover over the item an orange message should appear near the bottom that may say "The item is bound to you....something something." If it says that you are mostly screwed.

Note that as a general rule any "Mats" (stuff used for crafting) you buy from MP will be immediately bound to that character. This includes elixirs/powders. Bound items cannot be mailed or sold on MP. Your screwed on the elixirs but in theory you could craft the powders into new elixirs. Those crafted elixirs will not be bound to you and you could put those in shared storage or mail it.

I didn't follow why the game won't let you mail the gold. There is no restrictions to mailing gold to any character. Perhaps if you provide more information about where your getting blocked we can step you through it. Screenshots are valuable.

Finally (as if you needed more bad news??) , AFAIK any name deleted from the game will take 30 days to be available again for use.

• LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    You can still craft items with powder but you can't re-sell the elixirs. If you don't care just sell them to the npc shop.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Strayer wrote: »

I tried reselling the powders and elixirs on the AC to get the gold back. Won't allow that either. Wth?

This is a precaution to try and keep greedy players from screwing the market by buying things cheap and re-selling them high.
  • StrayerStrayer
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    ugh. all for not then. don't think I'll wait the 20 or however many days for the name to be usable.

• ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    Honestly it's pretty easy to figure out what happened.
    The RIGHT way of mailing gold to your characters:

3U2ojGm.png

How you can't transfer gold between your characters:

OdM5S0k.png

You should've noticed this when buying:

HFeADFR.png

This could've been easily avoided, the elixirs you bought are wasted, you can make the bound powders into tradeable elixirs at Brynn and sell them via the marktet, DON'T transfer it via mail as it will be bound aswell.
    Drachus
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Elixirs do not bind when sent to other characters on the same account. If it's being sent to characters outside of your account then I would assume they would bind just like buying from the mp. Placing items in the shared storage has the same properties as mailing and it never prompts me that elixirs will bind on retrieval.