[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lock smash skills

1Ownly11Ownly1
Vindictus Rep: 510
edited April 24, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hey all,

Remember when we were all starting out, leveling and whatnot, saw the cool little skill window and got every skill we could get our hands on? Then later down the line we realized that the skill was basically useless at high level dungeons/raids (cough hurks massacre cough). Ever throw out that skill randomly? Messing up your DPS or getting smacked (not saying consistently but nobodies perfect ya know?). My proposition is simple, just have the ability to lock smash skills. Nothing game breaking, just convenient at your leisure. What do yall think?
  1. Have ability to lock smash skills?6 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (3 votes)
    2. No
       50% (3 votes)

Comments

• 1Ownly11Ownly1
    edited April 26, 2018
    If you vote no, it would be greatly appreciated if you said why
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    If we're talking about messing up on a character's standard combo then it's just a matter of cleaning up inputs. The game's controls are simple and part of the challenge is keeping calm enough to not mash out the wrong attacks under pressure; ending up using a slightly suboptimal smash is one of the punishments for not doing so along with getting hit for using an unsafe attack.

In the example of Massacre, you still have the option to Ultimatum cancel it or use a normal attack afterwards to correct yourself into using Crescent as the next smash. I can see it being frustrating accidentally wasting revenge stacks on Massacre when you're a dps focused player, but trying to play perfectly is part of the work for people like that isn't it?

I'm not completely against the feature, but depending on how it works it could be abusable on certain classes. For example, when Pillar got its mini-revamp post-jump removal, Karoks who didn't learn Jumbo Pounce were at an advantage because they could skip from any smash directly into Warslam. That damage difference was contained within the one class and was corrected once Karok got his full revamp, but I wouldn't be surprised if people found something like that that could take a certain class completely out of line balance-wise.

I'd rather they just work on improving the less used smashes than give up and say we can just lock out what we don't like.
  • 1Ownly11Ownly1
    edited April 26, 2018
    I would agree with your arguement if it wasnt for the fact that one doesnt even have to purchase these skills if they already knew they werent going to use it in the long run. Being the case anybody can just reroll a character and abuse the said mechanic, and thats been possible since day 1. And not so much as messing up a basic combo, just for fluiditiy of gameplay and preference.
    Noburo