[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Slip Dash on Premiere

SefSef
Vindictus Rep: 1,310
edited February 22, 2017 in Lann
https://gyazo.com/c649b5425e5d81afea5095acfb45e6cb

Note: In this gif I'm playing as a client. What's that you say? Playing as a client is what's causing it?

https://gyazo.com/f90ea2f6c76d355a6dec49d4a2dfeb56

I'm the host in this gif.

https://gyazo.com/fad919b39abfba819ff7829632548266

Also the host in this one.

What the hell is going on with Slip Dash? Why is it doing this? I didn't give up XE (where this happened a lot) for this.

Comments

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    I don't get it. What's the problem here? I think you just mistimed your second dodge in the first gif.
  • Highlander1993Highlander1993
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    To be honest i strongly think that the Dodge skill in general is bugged in premiere not only for lann but probably for others characters aswell. In XE Version the dodge worked way better than in premier even if less smoothly. Instead in Premier Server the Dodge is Smoother but it's broke. i already contacted support chat and talking about it but i'm not sure if any change will be there soon or not. Tough... i advice you to create a ticket and send the GIF details to nexon directly for a faster view from them or support chat. To be honest from when XE become Premier now i don't feel anymore to play... like i lost my motivation because disappointed. i just being online for the event and rarely playing... also a friend of mine Quitted Lann to go on Kai because of premier. I assume Kai in premier is better than XE at this point.... he said that he will not use anymore lann until a lann revamp... but more than a lann revamp we need definitely a better fix for dodge and stuff like that... but anyway a part of me think that talking about it it's futile because i'm inclined to believe that nothing will change. so remember it.
    Pratically right Now Lann is good only with Spears.... Swords isn't good anymore for lann... i noticed that the spear dodge works better than swords one but maybe just my impression.
  • ArtemiasArtemias
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    I believe it was mistimed. The way sword lanns dodge works (from what I've personally noticed while playing) is when you chain slip dash into nimble dash, theres a small window inbetween the two where you're vulenerable and can get hit. The whole animation slip->nimble is not entirely iframes, in premier anyway. (no proof, but from what I've experienced)
  • AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    There is no bug, you just miss timed the dodge, there is a vulnerable time between Slip Dash and Nimble Dash.
    You just need to adapt, all of the characters dodge works here in premiere.
    his timing was perfect in the first GIF he showed... the second time he tried to dodge he wa about to press dodge again but he wasn't able to because hitted... anyway different opinion. i strongly believe that dodge is broken. and if itsn't bugged then and even if you right then means it is a lag which means isn't good neither.
    note also that on 3rd dodge in first gif he tried to double dodge as fast as he could in back side.. still just as the second step of dodge started he got hitted and that isn't supposed to happen since while using that skill it should give invulnerability... so i repeat it is bugged. look at it carefully.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited February 24, 2017
    My guess is that the succubus's laser attacks are not a constant active hitbox but rather a continually repeating hitbox that's flipping on and off at a very fast rate as the wave moves across the room. I'm assuming that if you stand in the laser under the effects of Slashing High, your health won't decrease continually, but rather rapidly in chunks.

Lann's slip/nimble dash does have a teeny tiny vulnerability in-between dashes. In the gif where he succeeded, the moment where he was vulnerable was in sync with the wave's hitbox being "off" resulting in him passing through unscathed. In the gif's where he got hit, he was unfortunate in the matter of his small vulnerability being exposed while the hitbox was active. The succubus's wave attacks are kinda luck based with slip dash.

Why not just do the wall mechanic, it's a lot less risky. Or better yet, use Furious 7 on her during laser attacks. You're immune during F7 so you'll pass through the lasers 100% of the time & she's stationary so you can hit her all 7 times with ease.
  • SefSef
    Several other people on the Vindictus discord told me that Succubus Queen's laser attack is not a good place to test out the dodge gap.

So I went to fight Klaus instead and see how Slip Dash works against his charging attacking.

Needless to say, I won't be playing swords anymore.
  • SefSef
    To clarify, the gap between both dodges was 100% consistent and I was completely unable to use Nimble Dash without getting hit by Klaus' charge attack.

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Sef wrote: »
    To clarify, the gap between both dodges was 100% consistent and I was completely unable to use Nimble Dash without getting hit by Klaus' charge attack.

Most "long duration" boss hits are basically multihits - including Klaus' charge. I'm able to dodge towards him with slip dash followed by a delayed nimble dash instead of a rushed one, but will of course get hit afterwards anyway because his entire charge outlasts both dodges.

It may be relatively harder compared to your previous stronger versions of dashing, but it's not impossible.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    As if you could dodge klaus charge in XE with double dodge with lann :|
    Also why would you do bosses the hard way when there is a easy way to deal with them...
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Just run Havan or Zecallion a few times and you will know the timing. I don't know if premiere actually is harder for the dodge (I thought at first our invul timing was shorter, but they changed the invul times a few times on lann now and I thought they ended same.)
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited April 17, 2018
    I only remember this being an issue as of the Rise update.

I've played a lot of solo runs since they raised Lann's slip dash invul time (a long while ago), and I can say that I don't think it's an issue with timing. Chaining dashes through hitboxes was a tactic that I used consistently when soloing hero mode Ingkells (his spinny move requires it with swords if you want to stay close) and Ahglan, who has long lingering hitboxes on some attacks. It might be an issue with the client itself. I took this video testing out different dodge timings in the circular death trap room in Downtown Berbhe (I think) with a meager 48 attack speed (no slashing high), and as long as no enemies were spawned there, and nothing in the environment was changing, the timing was consistent. Both on the initial slip dash, and the chained nimble dash. Even when chaining inside a hitbox, I still didn't get hit. Immediately after (but sadly off camera) I proceeded into the next area, which spawned a group of enemies, and immediately got hit by a suicide bomber during the middle of my slip dash (right at the trough of Lann's ducking motion). I've also noticed (since I have a semi-adequate $700 gaming laptop that runs vindi at ~45-50 fps on medium settings) that if the game freezes for even a tenth of a second during your dodge, it will not register invulnerability and you will take the hit, seemingly regardless of where you were in the dodge. Unfortunately I wasn't bothering to record any of my gameplay footage when these things were happening.

It seems that there is no invulnerability during the very beginning (around the first frame or two) of the dodge, before Lann begins to move forward. During my testing in the circular death trap room, chaining dodges was working in the middle of a hitbox, which suggests to me that the slip dash invulnerability period is overlapping with the nimble dash invulnerability period, if nimble dash does indeed share that minuscule fraction of a second of vulnerability at the beginning of the dodge. Is it possible that something about having enemies in the room causes the invulnerability period from slip dash to fail to overlap with nimble dash?

With slashing high, it's perfectly possible to achieve a slip dash that barely lasts 0.63 seconds for the full animation including an uninterrupted recovery, which is the given invulnerability period from the skill description, yet even with slashing high, the glitch still persists in active combat, while a longer slip dash with a significant vulnerability period can chain just fine through environment hitboxes when no enemies are around.

I've been playing on solo departure mode without multi-processing this whole time.

Video Link:
  • AerodosAerodos
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Slip and nimble don't have a continuous flow of iframes when chained immediately one after the other. There is always a small window of vulnerability between the dodges where you can get hit.

The reason you're able to dodge the laser at all is because it is a series of multi hits (rather than a constant attack) and they have their own in between periods where no attack is being thrown. If this moment where no attack is being thrown syncs up with your vulnerable moment between slip and nimble, it will give the illusion that you chained your iframes seamlessly. This is just how they emulate 'constant' attacks in Vindictus, a rapidly flickering hitbox.
    Cloakshire