[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

General bullsht again

LouisKLouisK
Vindictus Rep: 210
in Suggestions and Feedback
Hi, maybe you already got sick of these kind of discussions. But i feel that i gotta say it. First this game is soooo poorly optimised. I tried to run this game on highest settings possible and its soooo laggy, and a few fps. i set the game 2 specs lower on higher and it still feels a bit laggy. i know i dont have a 2000$ laptop but still my laptop can run this game like water on ultra mega settings if the game will be optimised. im running newer games on ultra and theyre sooo smoooth, except this game. you can see thats an old game, runs on a old platform and engine. to me its soo much bullshit content but not technical upgrade. as a player who pays real $$ in this game i want enjoy the game. so i would like to see a new engine on this game (its alot of work but its possible) but its way worth it than content. i really love this game and i really dont want to leave it, soo please do something. if the physics and graphic aint that sharp on ultra settings its......ook (what can i say), but at least to run like water, smooth.

ps: if i misspelled something or grammar mistakes fell free to correct me, i aint native english speaker, feel free to throw negative replies but dont insult me, be respectful, im not an expert in anything, this is just my opinion.
BigAssTTs

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited April 12, 2018
    What's the full specifications of your laptop?

I agree that the game isn't optimized as well as it could be, but it's still possible that there's a bottleneck in your system that's causing the issue.
  • SClassSClass
    Vindictus Rep: 205
    edited April 12, 2018
    i got :
    i7 7700HQ
    DDR4 2400MHz 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 , 4GB GDDR5

those are the main specs
    So as i said i dont hava a rocket of a laptop but i run newer games on ultra and theyre very smooooooth

(amd yeah why my name is now SClass, and another user?)
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited April 13, 2018
    "7700HQ" is most likely where your bottleneck is. Vindictus is a CPU heavy game. The reason some of your newer games run better is because they're probably using your GPU & CPU. Vindictus will heavily tax your cpu and barely touch the gpu.

Long story short, laptop variants of intel processors normally have a T, HQ, or U added on the name. These are processors that have had their performance lowered in order to consume less power which is appropriate for a laptop. These performance tweaks mostly lower the clock speed when compared to the parent skew.

7700HQ (Laptop) - 2.8Ghz
    7700T (Laptop) - 2.9Ghz
    7700 (Desktop) - 3.6Ghz
    7700K (Desktop) - 4.2Ghz

As you can see, your 7700 is the weakest of the i7 7700 series chips. The 2.8Ghz frequency I listed shouldn't be taken literally. This is simply the base frequency. Yours may be lower depending upon how the manufacturer of your laptop set your cpu. You can view your clock speed/turbo speed by going to start ---> cmd (run as admin) ---> type "dxdiag" and press enter ---> say yes if a dialogue appears. On the main tab, you'll see your processor listed. You may see two clock speeds. The one with a "~" on it is your turbo speed while the other is your base.

I agree than Vindictus isn't well optimized, but I hope the info was helpful. Lemme know if you have any questions. :)
  • SClassSClass
    edited April 14, 2018
    yaa, my base frequency is 2.8 but it came already set on max and my cpu is around 3.5ghz and around 600mhz the gpu. but the thing is that even on 2 settings lower than ultra runs poor. idk, should i play it on medium settings to run 'smooth'?...anyway thanks mate!

• CloakshireCloakshire
    edited April 15, 2018
    SClass wrote: »
    yaa, my base frequency is 2.8 but it came already set on max and my cpu is around 3.5ghz and around 600mhz the gpu. but the thing is that even on 2 settings lower than ultra runs poor. idk, should i play it on medium settings to run 'smooth'?...anyway thanks mate!

All 4 of your cores won't turbo to 3.5Ghz. Only one of your cores will turbo boost that high. Your "all core" turbo probably tops out at ~3.0.

With this in mind, I'll do a direct comparison between our systems and use that to help find the best game settings.

Your CPU vs Mine
    Your GPU vs mine

As you can see, your CPU is roughly 40% better than mine, while your GPU is about 20% ahead of mine in performance. What I recommend is that instead of using the general graphics slider, go into advanced and set up all the graphical options individually.

Here's what mine are set to (My apologies for it being a picture rather than a screenshot)
    hThnCiL.jpg

I recommend giving this setup a try and see how it works for you.

Keep the Shader detail at medium. This setting greatly impacts my framerate.

Also, keep lighting at medium & the dynamic shadow effects at low.

You can adjust the other settings as needed if you want stuff to look better but leave the three that I mentioned above where they are.

With these settings I'm able to enjoy smooth gameplay. My frame rate tends to hover around 30s to the mid-40s which is smooth enough for me. If I hide my UI, my frame rate jumps up to the mid 50s. There are still a few areas in the game that gives me trouble such as Aes Sidhe, but as long as I have my UI hidden, it's playable.
  • SClassSClass
    I'll try and see how it'll run with those settings. Thank you! ;)