[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Gachapon 04/05/18 KR

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in Future Content
Here are some images of the new Gachapon that released in KR on 04/05/18:
tYzJIwu.jpg

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Not bad, but how about some new 95 armors? They have at least two new bosses but no new gear...
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    So I guess pretty much confirmed that direct sale outfitters are dead and it's all RNG boxes now?
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Wow first time the men actually get good/decent outfitters
    XieAnduri
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Boring. Not interested in these.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Wow first time the men actually get good/decent outfitters

I was thinking these looked really meh... To each there own I guess.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited April 10, 2018
    Mmmmm... those male outfits :3
    But wdf this game is becoming more and more of a dress up simulator every time I check. >:C
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Not bad, but how about some new 95 armors? They have at least two new bosses but no new gear...

What will more than likely happen is DevCAT will make new gear with each level cap increase instead of doing what we had in the past. If you think about it on most of the equipment that was removed from the craft/drop pools it makes sense.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    So I guess pretty much confirmed that direct sale outfitters are dead and it's all RNG boxes now?

Agreed. Gacha generates way more revenue than direct outfitter sales. Even though they can just put those outfits up for $40 on KR and people would pay immediately for those because you Guarantee get them. But hey. I'm no market expert. I'm just a guy training myself to be a localizer xD
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255

Because ever since S3 equalized armor stats (and Rise removed the different armor types), there's no real reason to have multiple armor/weapon sets per boss other than fashion.

And as we can see, they'd rather release outfitters for that to make money.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    @탱크블레이드 I remember on one of the vindi stream you tried to apply to Nexon America, how did it go? Other wise keep up the great work on translating future updates.

Great, one of the fun aspect of fighting a new boss was to get somewhat better gear and fashion back in the old days. You now progression and stuff, hell the book thing is hard enough to craft since AES drops dulla gear most of time. I wouldn't complain much but Dulla is meh on almost everything except for skirt for girls and looks horrible on guys. Seem to me RISE just didn't remove fun aspects of the game , it also fired a lot of staff in charge of quality content.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited April 11, 2018
    Seem to me RISE just didn't remove fun aspects of the game , it also fired a lot of staff in charge of quality content.

Nah that was the NA/EU merge + year end reviews. Now that we are all 1 happy family Nexon management says they should be able to do more with less. (Even if they had already cut all EU staffing...)

And they want you to buy fusion runes or outfitters to tweak your look ;-)
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    ikevi wrote: »
    Seem to me RISE just didn't remove fun aspects of the game , it also fired a lot of staff in charge of quality content.

Nah that was the NA/EU merge + year end reviews. Now that we are all 1 happy family Nexon management says they should be able to do more with less. (Even if they had already cut all EU staffing...)

And they want you to buy fusion runes or outfitters to tweak your look ;-)

They might also be referring to the recent round of Nexon layoffs. Seems Saygo & Ehgess were caught in that, and even the volunteer forum mods were nixed.