[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming Soon: The Abyssal Arena

Comments

• HoshinakiHoshinaki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,255
    edited November 17, 2016
    Order5
    Order5 said:

"Flight of the Valkyries" probably the same person that named "Lord Glas Ghaibhleann".

Lynn does not have wings, feathers, flight, winged helmets, or any other ties to Norse mythology.

Even "Flight of the Dragons" is a more obvious and fitting name. It's too simple for my taste, but definitely looks a lot better than what I'm currently looking at...

A distasteful animation and a horrible name to boot. Call me petty, but it's the simplest things that tend to matter the most in a world where RNGesus rules.
    I personally think that the final attack for her skill is nice, even if it's just Flying Snow V2, that's just me, but I wish they had added more prior to it. Nexon can't really do much about it sadly.

I agree the name doesn't fit at all. I at least feel that Lynn's image revolves around the lotus flower, which is seen as an elegant and beautiful flower and holds a lot of symbolisms in many Asian cultures. You can see the lotus imagery in her enhanced smashes, blooms, aka Swift Assassins, and in Flying Snow. So I thought that a name revolving around this theme of lotus flowers would've suited better. It seems that the name is official, but oh well.
    Aqua22
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Hoshinaki
    Hoshinaki said:

Order5
    Order5 said:

"Flight of the Valkyries" probably the same person that named "Lord Glas Ghaibhleann".

Lynn does not have wings, feathers, flight, winged helmets, or any other ties to Norse mythology.

Even "Flight of the Dragons" is a more obvious and fitting name. It's too simple for my taste, but definitely looks a lot better than what I'm currently looking at...

A distasteful animation and a horrible name to boot. Call me petty, but it's the simplest things that tend to matter the most in a world where RNGesus rules.
    I personally think that the final attack for her skill is nice, even if it's just Flying Snow V2, that's just me, but I wish they had added more prior to it. Nexon can't really do much about it sadly.

I agree the name doesn't fit at all. I at least feel that Lynn's image revolves around the lotus flower, which is seen as an elegant and beautiful flower and holds a lot of symbolisms in many Asian cultures. You can see the lotus imagery in her enhanced smashes, blooms, aka Swift Assassins, and in Flying Snow. So I thought that a name revolving around this theme of lotus flowers would've suited better. It seems that the name is official, but oh well.
    EU name is Fluttering Flower. NA only region that butchers the names of stuff (not counting the S3 names from EU *shudder*)
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    If it was renamed to be like "Last Flower of the Lost Kingdom", then I'd be okay with it.
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    edited November 17, 2016
    Ya, flight of the Valkyries really has to go. Even if you were to limit yourself to classical pieces that have "flight of the" in the title, it still wouldn't be a winner. Even here, "flight of the bumblebee" is a thousand times cooler.
    Aqua22BloodAngelHoshinaki
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I'll just throw this out there....Flight of the Valkyries sounds way better than Flexible Shoes....just saying. I cringe at that correct translation tbh xD
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Didn't we have multi question polls or something when they were deciding how to name Arisha's skills before we got her? I think her skill names turned out alright, they should probably do something like that again for an upcoming character, or maybe even to decide which translation between EU's and NA's to use sometime down the road. Maybe even to rename this one smash too.
    BloodAngel
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited November 18, 2016
    Hoshinaki
    Hoshinaki said:

Order5
    Order5 said:

While we're at it, can we get Swift Assassins changed too?
    They already used Full Bloom for 10 gold marks, so it would make sense to change assassins to their original theme of petals.
    Petal effects even appear when you successfully do an enhanced mark.

... inb4 they change full bloom instead.
    PS. Don't worry about dropping the edgier swift assassin name. Edgelords don't play Lynn. :^)
    PPS. Pummel Storm back to Bear Blower too please. I will totally dust off my Lann if this happens.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    I think whatever the name for Lynn's new lockdown skill is, it doesn't really matter because Lynn can never have the spare SP to use it XD
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

... inb4 they change full bloom instead.
    They would probably give it a silly explosion based name like Big Bang Attack!

Wait...
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

PPS. Pummel Storm back to Bear Blower too please. I will totally dust off my Lann if this happens.
    It was called "Bare Blower" not "Bear Blower".
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Breadman
    Breadman said:

nope official name waaaay back was "bear blower" lol
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited November 21, 2016
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Breadman
    Breadman said:

This was what was being passed around at the time. Whether it was a changed or a mistake, it already stuck.

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 21, 2016
    This is my personal preference; I would change Flight of the Valkyrie to Lost Kingdom's Final Flower because of her backstory. As for MP Swap, I'd change it to Mana Conversion.

I mean, didn't we as a community get to vote on Arisha's skill names if I recall?
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    I propose renaming it to "The Jailbait Juggle". That is all.