[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should we let this game die?

poopdogpoopdog
Vindictus Rep: 110
in General Discussion
Guys i have been thinking about it for some time. After 8 years we have all seen the steady decline in population, The gachas drop rates are horrible, content is slow as fk, we used to boom weapons twice. Enhancing/enchanting is horrible and brutal, end game is super grindy if you are not a whale, there is less raids now, they have removed options and items, they dont listen to suggestions to make this game better,etc etc. This game had great potential and it is sad to see what it has become.
At the end of the day we need to realize that this game is going to die soon and we need to let it. There are other waifu simulators/ action games.
Lynndictus

Comments

• BladeNsoulBladeNsoul
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Let the official die
    try private server it's very good
    LynndictusEnigmaTaroDrachus
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited April 2, 2018
    No we should not let it die because i want to see more content coming out for this game. Also there is no other online game sword fantasy game with better action than Vindictus that is multiplayer. True 8 years ago, still true today. Sad for all those other devs who can't make a better action game than Vindictus. Until that day comes, then I'll switch off this game. Maybe Monster Hunter Online will pull me away.
    BabyDani
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited April 3, 2018
    Even 8 years later, there isn't a single Korean (or otherwise) grinder with combat better than this game. Even BDO has shitty combat in comparison because there's nothing interesting to fight.

"We" don't need to do anything. You're free to quit.
    KaraPiperHalliwelBabyDaniBlueRappyStrongbooobDexkill
  • KaraKara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    noctred wrote: »
    Even 8 years later, there isn't a single Korean grinder with combat better than this game. Even BDO has shitty combat in comparison because there's nothing interesting to fight.

"We" don't need to do anything. You're free to quit.

I agree, most of us here are b/c we are attracted to vindy to many forms despite it's age and customer service support. However I wish the publisher really cared about the community and put more of an effort to help the community rather than leave it in this state.
    BabyDaninoctredBlueRappy
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    oh, it's this thread again, hehe

6-7 years ago, we were all confined to a small area (Colhen), with relatively few dungeons...so the game seemed nicely populated. Now, we are spread out all over the place. we would need probably 20,000 more regular players to fill things up again.

i dunno, i mean, yes, we need LOTS more new players but...market is filled with stuffs for sale...you list things and they sell...you make a s3 raid boat and it fills quickly. we're still doing ok
    Noburo
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    If I had a dollar for every time this thread comes up...

Just quit and never come back if you think the game is dead.
    Strongbooob
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    BabyDani wrote: »
    oh, it's this thread again, hehe

6-7 years ago, we were all confined to a small area (Colhen), with relatively few dungeons...so the game seemed nicely populated. Now, we are spread out all over the place. we would need probably 20,000 more regular players to fill things up again.

i dunno, i mean, yes, we need LOTS more new players but...market is filled with stuffs for sale...you list things and they sell...you make a s3 raid boat and it fills quickly. we're still doing ok

You used to be able to hop on and run S1, S2, and later S3 content and get 8-man boats mostly full almost any hour before the Direct Launch fiasco and the region locking killed off a pretty healthy bit of the game's population. It's not nearly as active as it was, and the temporary surges that happen with things like Miri's release and Blute are just blips that make the troughs that follow even more noticeable.

We have no active community manager or GMs interacting anymore--it seems the ones we had got hit by the Nexon layoffs and it's down to minimal support staff-- so there are no longer any streams, we don't get complete patches, events, or even cash shop items, and lately it might take days to see events go up on the main page. Even the volunteer forums mods are gone. The game is most certainly just limping along for NA/EU/AUS now.

Yes, the mergers have pushed enough players who have too much money and time invested to feel like they can walk away together so it's not as bad as it otherwise would have been, but there's a reason that they had to do those mergers to begin with. I'm sure the game will continue getting content pushed from KR until it ends after S4, but with the way NA is run I doubt the population will ever be anything great again.

As to letting it die, again, the whales will keep on whaling until the doors close, and with the staff cuts, heck, a few of the whales might be all that's needed to fund the whole NA team at this point. Vindi will limp along until KR shuts the doors on the whole thing, I don't think there's any worry about that.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161984837 We're going on a year since the last stream. Rip in pepperoni Vindi community team. That's pretty telling about the state of the game.
    Lynndictus
  • CreamCream
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    NrImVWK.gif
    Strongbooob
  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    The answer is yes.
  • LynndictusLynndictus
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    It doesn't matter what "we" do. The few dozen whales left will keep this game operational for another few years. Doesn't matter if there's 50 people left playing - that's good enough for the stragglers left here.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    ucTMdvx.png
    KarijunaAnthonytonyboyPixelPantsu
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Just play stuff you like. Too many stuff to choose from these days.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    You guys are boring . I demand some nice thread instead of those poooops about dead game