[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Allow Armor/Weapon Fusion on bound items

DongmasterDongmaster
Vindictus Rep: 605
edited March 20, 2018 in General Discussion
Why the hell not?

Since I'll be playing for quite some time, and there'll be countless hours of grinding for materials, I figured I'd spice up my pair of rookie pants with something else I'd find on the marketplace, but ignorant of the fact - I still tried to change the appearance with an already purchased armor fusion rune. Only then was I given a clue to but just another expensive purchase, of "unbinding". However, they're rookie pants. They can't be made unbound.

Why the hell does it matter if they're bound or not? They're still items only I will be using, and nobody else, so to everybody else it should make sense that you ought to be able to at least change the appearance of an item bound to you.

Whether it's programmed laziness to just prevent abuse of a mechanic without having to put too much effort into it, or a simple cash-grab, can we please allow bound items to have their appearance changed - we all still have to purchase from the goddamn supply depot, and whatever you find on the marketplace was still bought by somebody from the supply depot in the first place.
  1. Would you like to be able to use Armor Fusion on bound items?8 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (6 votes)
    2. No
       25% (2 votes)

Comments

• DongmasterDongmaster
    edited March 20, 2018
    Second point I guess being that this way we can change appearance of items near immediately with what's available, rather than having to wait years for the designers to randomly pump out costumes that might not sell at all. It doesn't make sense to me that you'd restrict a near fashion-centric game with a convoluted and nonsensical restriction. As narrowly as I can see it, you just remove a single obstacle to earn even more money from even more sporadic purchases of fusion runes.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    You know premium fusion runes are a thing, right?
    DongmasterSaintGuinness
  • DongmasterDongmaster
    edited March 20, 2018
    Very informative snark. I didn't.

I can't find them in the supply depot, where do you get them? I'm even more confused as to why Support didn't even tell me that "premium" existed. Googling only points me to forum posts.

edit: welp, more googling has led me to believe it's for some reason just a temporary item that people buy in bunches once they're temporarily sold on the supply depot and just try sell it for in-game gold on the marketplace. Lame.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Premium Fusion Runes are only ever available for a limited amount time, or from events, for whatever reason.
    Dongmaster
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    An Airtight version is also on the MP from time to time. You just have to keep your eyes on the market.