[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Speaker configuration bug

ChromaticChromatic
Vindictus Rep: 1,110
edited October 4, 2017 in Bug Reporting
I have submitted a ticket regarding this issue already but will post it in this forum additionally, to get more attention and maybe others will realize this problem also.

Since the latest patch (27th September), it is impossible to set the speakers to anything different than 2 speakers.
I used 5.1 before and it worked totally fine, now it just resets to 2 speakers everytime you try to change it.

I have uploaded an example video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6029vchzlm9hxqw/speaker configuration bug.mp4?dl=0

Please fix this bug for the sake of immersion D:

Thanks
LoneWolf96

Comments

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    It's definitely a bug, but have you tried restarting the game immediately after changing it?
  • ChromaticChromatic
    I just tried it, didn't help though :/
    My friends have the same problem.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Too bad i don't know where the game stores the Audio settings, especially that setting. Maybe they can help you through the ticket. Good luck!
  • PagdiniPagdini
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    I've been having the same problem, and haven't been able to find the config file for it either.
  • JahsurJahsur
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I'm getting the same problem, hope that could be fix soon.
  • ChromaticChromatic
    Bug still there :C
    I hope it will be fixed before the end of the year...
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    Probably will be addressed in the large bug fix patches, it has already been reported to the devs.
    Chromatic
  • ChromaticChromatic
    Problem still persists after Miri update :(
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 8, 2017
    There's a trick for bypassing this. If you set your speaker configuration to 5.1 in your computer's sound settings, it should default to 5.1 in-game, in my experience (although it might not say 5.1 in game settings, I'm not sure). Unfortunately, W10 defaults this to normal speakers when you turn the computer off, but it should work fine if you change the settings before you get in-game.

In task bar (bar at bottom of your desktop), right-click the Sound icon and click Playback Devices. Then right-click Speakers, select Configure Speakers, and choose 5.1 - Next, (check all options) Next, (check all options) Next, Finish, OK. Then the game should be using 5.1 sound.
  • ChromaticChromatic
    Thanks Rezi, will try it out
  • ChromaticChromatic
    Sadly it doesn't work with the default speakers set to 5.1 before launching the game. Will have to wait for an actual fix it seems...
  • ChromaticChromatic
    The bug is still there. Not gonna get fixed i guess. Too bad.....
  • ChromaticChromatic
    Update: Apparently the virtual audio mixer (VoiceMeeter) i have used caused the game to not recognize the 5.1 speakers. (Even though it is set as 5.1 standard speaker in Windows settings). When i set the standard speaker back to my actual speakers instead of the mixer the 5.1 audio works ingame.

However, you are still not able to change the speaker configuration setting ingame.
    I don't know how long this bug has been there. Maybe it has always been.
    It confused me because Vindictus is the only game which doesn't work with the 5.1 audio routed through the virtual mixer.
    Maybe it would work if you could actually change the said setting in the game's options.