[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Don't you hate it when you die in a raid...

Comments

  • Arianthe_Arianthe_
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    Posts: 50
    Member
    I started to take it as free leeching that people has no right to report or kick. Especially when Aes being not-fps friendly and not being my favorite at all, Idm leeching like that if I die lel.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 2,005
    Posts: 106
    Member
    I don't res if I have 2nd trans or Ancestral Garb up. I'll res right after it ends. But if you ask for a res before it ends, I won't res you. Other than that, I res if the boss isn't chasing me or camping on your corpse.

    If I try to res someone and they grace right before my feather is done, I won't res you if you die again. This happens quite a bit...
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,270
    Posts: 225
    Member
    Don't know seem like people consider other player as meat bag for the boss to attack while they go for top dps. No point in reving meat bag if they ganna die again :Q.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,225
    Posts: 475
    Member
    I guess am pretty guilty of this, but 2 be fair my ui is turned off beacuse of my shet computer.
    Also everyone knows kais don't res :shy:
    Dokkun
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Yagamin wrote: »
    I don't res if I have 2nd trans or Ancestral Garb up. I'll res right after it ends. But if you ask for a res before it ends, I won't res you. Other than that, I res if the boss isn't chasing me or camping on your corpse.

    If I try to res someone and they grace right before my feather is done, I won't res you if you die again. This happens quite a bit...

    Yep! That is why i stopped rez'n in Regina her last 2-3 health bars. You can easily die at that point tryin to get someone up, plus the ever popular pop a gg as i'm rez'n you. :s
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    Posts: 34
    Member
    I rez based on battle and if i'm in trans or miri dragon trans. Abom / Dulla / Glas / Aes - i rez. The rest your on your own. Seriously ppl like someone already said since the pots changing to merc fast health boost I don't understand why your dying in any of the raids that aren't the 4 I listed. Also, someone said parties are faster than 10 mins if group is 28k or higher; one attack don't matter anymore, two 80% easily of the parties are. People need to learn how to play their chars right - not just go crazy to get dps but first learn the bosses moves and practice your defense. I'm sorry i've been playin this game too long to have patience for ppl crying I don't get rez'd in the raids at this point. You can avoid dying, just try.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 103
    Member
    Tayla wrote: »
    I rez based on battle and if i'm in trans or miri dragon trans. Abom / Dulla / Glas / Aes - i rez. The rest your on your own. Seriously ppl like someone already said since the pots changing to merc fast health boost I don't understand why your dying in any of the raids that aren't the 4 I listed. Also, someone said parties are faster than 10 mins if group is 28k or higher; one attack don't matter anymore, two 80% easily of the parties are. People need to learn how to play their chars right - not just go crazy to get dps but first learn the bosses moves and practice your defense. I'm sorry i've been playin this game too long to have patience for ppl crying I don't get rez'd in the raids at this point. You can avoid dying, just try.

    What about the people that are new to the raid, or rather, just new players in general? I think most people are willing to learn the raid's mechanics given the opportunity. Do they just stay dead for the rest of the raid until the next one they do? How can you practice something when someone expects you to be perfect at it your first few times? You have the assumption that a lot of people just don't try when they're raiding, that they just run at the boss and try to do their smashes/moves and expect to be revived after they die without even trying to dodge or block and that's just not true.

    Everyone makes mistakes. We're not all perfect. Your argument that we have merc-like pots now and it should be impossible to die is just another excuse that's basically saying get better and stop being bad. True, it's a lot easier now since you get "better" armor and all but that doesn't mean new players deserve to not get revived because they've never done regina before and got hit by a 4k dmg red attack or got swooped up by her ohko that they've never seen before.
    iMiniRaynidayzEiri
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Posts: 93
    Member
    It would be really awkward if i didn't revive seeing as i play mostly solo or with friends. As arisha you can easily throw your stone on top of corpses to return and revive after you lure the boss away. As a general rule i always revive lynns even if i die doing it, probably some minor hero complex.

    Stopped caring a long time ago about random players and how they fare or what equipment they have on. It's in my reflex to revive, but that's what a good entourage and guild do to you.
    RaynidayzEiri
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Tayla wrote: »
    I rez based on battle and if i'm in trans or miri dragon trans. Abom / Dulla / Glas / Aes - i rez. The rest your on your own. Seriously ppl like someone already said since the pots changing to merc fast health boost I don't understand why your dying in any of the raids that aren't the 4 I listed. Also, someone said parties are faster than 10 mins if group is 28k or higher; one attack don't matter anymore, two 80% easily of the parties are. People need to learn how to play their chars right - not just go crazy to get dps but first learn the bosses moves and practice your defense. I'm sorry i've been playin this game too long to have patience for ppl crying I don't get rez'd in the raids at this point. You can avoid dying, just try.

    What about the people that are new to the raid, or rather, just new players in general? I think most people are willing to learn the raid's mechanics given the opportunity. Do they just stay dead for the rest of the raid until the next one they do? How can you practice something when someone expects you to be perfect at it your first few times? You have the assumption that a lot of people just don't try when they're raiding, that they just run at the boss and try to do their smashes/moves and expect to be revived after they die without even trying to dodge or block and that's just not true.

    Everyone makes mistakes. We're not all perfect. Your argument that we have merc-like pots now and it should be impossible to die is just another excuse that's basically saying get better and stop being bad. True, it's a lot easier now since you get "better" armor and all but that doesn't mean new players deserve to not get revived because they've never done regina before and got hit by a 4k dmg red attack or got swooped up by her ohko that they've never seen before.

    You make it sound like the people that are complaining about not being rez'd all fall into your scenario. Funny I didn't see one post that said they were new to the run and ppl weren't rez'n them. How is anyone supposed to know if the person that died is new? We can easily identify new players when your doing a story run. I don't think that's what ppl are talking about here. When ppl come into a raid and say hey it's my first time...i'll rez them as many times as I can. But again, most the raids are really fast so based on your assumption that they need time to learn the raid...they wouldn't have the time. People do practice runs still and solo to see what they need to do per boss or how to play their character better. Also, they go on guild runs to learn the raids. Honestly, part of this whole issue is Nexon's changes to the game. Since the bosses are so stupid easy, the players that did the raids before Nexon's changes just stomp the bosses resulting in fast runs. And I never said it's impossible to die which is why i identified specific runs where it is easily out of your control.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Posts: 93
    Member
    edited March 1
    It's pretty easy to spot a new player since they get a newbie buff in s3 raids.

    If you're antisocial why not play solo and also get all the damage extra cores? Seems illogical that you join or create parties then not bother reviving your fellow players when in most cases every player alive will shorten the raid/dungeon. Obviously it's not mandatory, that's why it's the nice thing to do. At least don't mask your unfriendliness with the desire to punish the player for his death so that he will strive to better in the future. Only a dedicated player would practice alone with average gear in s3 and he'd have to be skilled to go through the bars. More skilled than many of the players with good gear that deal massive dps with no deaths.
    iMinimisakamisaka
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 103
    Member
    Tayla wrote: »
    You make it sound like the people that are complaining about not being rez'd all fall into your scenario. Funny I didn't see one post that said they were new to the run and ppl weren't rez'n them.
    The way you worded your previous post made it seem like it encompassed all players: "People need to learn to play their characters right". And I never said that they all fell into my scenario; I'm introducing a specific part of the vindi community into this thread by giving you a counter example to show that people still do die even in the raids that aren't in your "specific runs where it is easily out of your control" (i.e. regina)

    The point I'm trying to get at is that you should still revive people. It only takes a few seconds of your time and any additional help is going to make the run go by faster anyways. If you're that high up that you feel like you have no need to revive anyone in raids like eoch/regina/glas/braha etc then you might as well solo those bosses since you don't need those other people to do damage.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 775
    Posts: 57
    Member
    What about the people that are new to the raid, or rather, just new players in general? I think most people are willing to learn the raid's mechanics given the opportunity. Do they just stay dead for the rest of the raid until the next one they do? How can you practice something when someone expects you to be perfect at it your first few times? You have the assumption that a lot of people just don't try when they're raiding, that they just run at the boss and try to do their smashes/moves and expect to be revived after they die without even trying to dodge or block and that's just not true.

    Everyone makes mistakes. We're not all perfect. Your argument that we have merc-like pots now and it should be impossible to die is just another excuse that's basically saying get better and stop being bad. True, it's a lot easier now since you get "better" armor and all but that doesn't mean new players deserve to not get revived because they've never done regina before and got hit by a 4k dmg red attack or got swooped up by her ohko that they've never seen before.

    The best way to learn something is to watch other people do it correctly. Even if one were to try his hardest, if he does not know what he is doing it is useless, because there is a huge chance he will still do it wrong. For instance, if he was tasked to lift a very heavy boulder, using his bare hands would probably be possible if he trained himself very hard, but it would be less efficient and way longer to achieve than just using a crane.
    That is the reason why when i revive someone and he dies literally 10 seconds later (except in abo, because good mechanics), i let him stay dead, because he obviously knows nothing about the raid and he will profit more watching others that actually know how to do it.

    "But but i just want to play it's boring watching other people"
    If people want to stay bad why do they even bother playing ?
    "Idk i just play for fun"
    It's not fun to die all the time because you know nothing so do not tell me it is about fun.

    As you said it, everyone can make mistakes, but when one knows nothing, one has to learn first. I never expect people to be perfect, myself included. But if someone does not put in any effort he is just asking to get carried...
    clickhere
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 192
    Member
    Raynidayz wrote: »
    ..and no one revives you until after the boss is dead?

    Kind of pisses me off tbh. What kind of teammates do that >.>

    inb4 "git gud" comments.

    the main reason is because people only want top damage so they can get that extra drop. its lame to be honest and the top damage extra drop should be removed.
  • LoyalPlayerLoyalPlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited March 2
    Bowner wrote: »
    Raynidayz wrote: »
    ..and no one revives you until after the boss is dead?

    Kind of pisses me off tbh. What kind of teammates do that >.>

    inb4 "git gud" comments.

    the main reason is because people only want top damage so they can get that extra drop. its lame to be honest and the top damage extra drop should be removed.

    Remove damage core and feathers, the world will be peaceful again, until people find another thing to whine about.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Posts: 93
    Member
    Bowner wrote: »
    Raynidayz wrote: »
    ..and no one revives you until after the boss is dead?

    Kind of pisses me off tbh. What kind of teammates do that >.>

    inb4 "git gud" comments.

    the main reason is because people only want top damage so they can get that extra drop. its lame to be honest and the top damage extra drop should be removed.

    Remove damage core and feathers, the world will be peaceful again, until people find another thing to whine about.

    Like whining about those who whine, amirite?
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    Posts: 47
    Member
    Well I had the same feeling when this happened to me. So I went buying VVIP and my playing experience has changed since then...
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,540
    Posts: 335
    Member
    edited March 7
    I never get the chance to res, everyone I play with has so many graces by now they'll just burn them if they happen to die.

    But even death doesn't happen very often because we all have so many merc pots.

    And they're all from free events.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,735
    Posts: 329
    Member
    Hell yeah I hate it. I used to just leave raids near the end if people left me dead for most of it, because I felt more ripped off being unable to play than by losing drops because I /leave'd.

    This happened a lot back in season 2 when perfect blocks were introduced to Karok and people would just leave my potato-damage ass dead all the time - watching how other classes dealt with what I was getting owned by wasn't helpful. It especially sucked when new content came out and there'd be perfect block attacks that didn't have special particles on 'em (Juggernaut...), and I'd just get slapped out of my smashes and die a lot. When I see new players die now I just remember that they have way more attacks with that property to memorize heading in to endgame than I did, and I got 6 months to learn the bosses between releases. Not really the same after RISE kind of took s2 out of the endgame picture but you get the idea I hope.

    Of course, geared people deserve revives too. We die to dumb **** in this game all the time and everyone makes mistakes as it's been said a few times in here already. I also don't have a gorillion graces on this account so I don't want people to not res me out of spite, lul.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 241
    Member
    I try to res people but.... after they die 4 times.. I stop.

    Personally.. I have over 2k free graces and over 8k free merc pots from events that I never use....
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited March 7
    I actually get annoyed by how easy it's become to acquire GGs over the years. Makes it a lot more difficult to get Seals of Dedication for Life Ergs. I hate using them but I actually started using my reserve of Merc Pots I've had for a long time just to save money on potions, now that gaining gold from dungeons/raids has been lowered again. I still try to revive people when it doesn't put me in danger of the boss, but I also have cases where people have GG'd as I'm reviving them, or even used a party GG when I'm using a party feather. Those people, I call dirt eaters, since there's not much else they can do on the ground. And they can continue eating dirt for denying my seal of dedication and needing to "git gud" at dis gam. #Reeeeeee